Sign in to follow this  
droo_k6

DA Zargabad Life freezing/crashing

Whenever I play Zargabad Life, the DA one. The game will randomly freeze when time changes or when lagging but resumes just fine, randomly though the game will just freeze entirely and I have to end the process to get the game to close. rarely the game just crashes to desktop, and after it does that it will give me an out of memory error, then the game will just freeze after both of those closes happens.

I am going to try other Life games to see if it happens there to but this never happens when I play solo on Campaign/scenarios/editor, or warfare. I formatted my computer recently to put in a new SSD and hard drive and this never happened before I formatted either. I also got reinforcements recently, and re installed the game 2-3 times (mistake I made on size it takes) currently installed on a ssd. Changing graphic settings doesn't help either.

Specs:

Crucial m4 64gb (OS)

Kingston v125 30gb (Arma 2 + mods)

Sapphire 6850 (overclocking/ stock clocks makes no difference)

2x 4gb Gskill cards

955 x4 Phenom II

Startup Parameters:

-nosplash -world=empty -maxMem=4096 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

any help would be great, also I can post anything else needed.

Life Games that Crash:

Zargabad Life DA 1.6. DA server

Life games, no problems:

Takistan life 2.9. UL server

Edited by Droo_k6
adding info

Hey Droo. I'm definitely interested in seeing if this happens with other life missions.

Does the RPT file have anything that would seem relevant?

Hey Droo. I'm definitely interested in seeing if this happens with other life missions.

I am currently trying other life missions, and older versions of the DA zargabad life if they are on.

Recent Crash File, looks like a memory leak. not sure. I shortened it

Unknown entry type ffffffff in /value/Item221/

repeated a lot of time

EOF in string

repeated about 20 time

Cannot find base for /value/Item221/Item17/

continues through item 110 on far right. 17-80 has a little [] like symbol between base and for, 81-96 have nothing there, 101-104 have ! between base and for, 105-107 have " between them, 109-110 has # between them

Cannot find base ¬ for /value/Item225/

Cannot find base 4 for /value/Item227/

Cannot find base m35 for /value/Item229/

Cannot find base for /value/Item230/

Cannot find base tem46 for /value/Item231/

Cannot find base 62 for /value/Item234/

Cannot find base em73 for /value/Item236/

Cannot find base - for /value/Item237/

Cannot find base 9 for /value/Item239/

Cannot find base m100 for /value/Item241/

Cannot find base m105 for /value/Item242/

.: Value type not matching: != Array

Received 128, expected bool

String id out of range 15934 / 442

Unexpected message data (message struct NetworkMessageMsgFormatItem, item name)

Before (0x00000000): 01 01 76 61 6c 75 65 00 00 00 80

Current (0x0000000b): bf 7c

EOF in string

Cannot find base ersion for /value/Item200/

Cannot find base s for /value/Item201/

Cannot find base m5 for /value/Item202/

Cannot find base tem11 for /value/Item203/

Cannot find base 27 for /value/Item206/

Cannot find base em38 for /value/Item208/

Cannot find base ~ for /value/Item209/

Cannot find base 4 for /value/Item211/

Cannot find base m65 for /value/Item213/

Cannot find base for /value/Item214/

Cannot find base tem76 for /value/Item215/

Cannot find base 92 for /value/Item218/

.: Value type not matching: != Array

then a bunch of found in stuff, has x, y cordinate style. and occosional client object lines in there like this

Client: Object 12:12 (type Type_105) not found.

Error in expression <elect 0))and(not(_ammo == (_stunbullets select 4)))) exitWith {};

_vel = velo>

Error position: <select 4)))) exitWith {};

_vel = velo>

Error Zero divisor

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.zargabad\stun.sqf, line 51

found in (0,0).

repeating it self a bunch of times ^

thats a general thing about it, not sure if it updates as it goes. If you need it entirely there a way I can send it to you? size is about 6mb. theres a bidmp file also

I will update on first post about other life games.

I am not sure how to read crash files exactly but it seems to be some kind of memory leak, any way I can send it to you its about 6mb

I am not sure how to read crash files exactly but it seems to be some kind of memory leak, any way I can send it to you its about 6mb

If you could upload it to MediaFire or another similar file hosting site, that'd be great. I'd like to take a look at it.

I also have OA running on an SSD and I have no similar problems running our ZL version or any other missions.

If you could upload it to MediaFire or another similar file hosting site, that'd be great. I'd like to take a look at it.

I also have OA running on an SSD and I have no similar problems running our ZL version or any other missions.

ok I uploaded both the RTP and crash file both from the same day. Its about 1mb, I read the size wrong. Compressed in rar.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g6s547yn19dyidy

Also Takistan life seems to have no problems even though I have a better connection to the DA server than the UL one.

Also I am not able to get on Triple A servers, not sure why.

Hi Droo

I have the exact same problem (have also posted elsewhere as there are at least 2 others having similar issue), which I narrowed down to Zargabad and Takistan only MP games (Sanders BAF missions and the Insurgency game). I get 1 second freezes every 5 -10 seconds with a complete restart needed after a while due to total freezing, and am struggling to find out why as the same games worked fine before 1.6 (the only thing I can think of which has recently changed).

I have tried playing the same missions on SP and hosted MP and the freeze is not there, and there is also no problem on any other game.

I'm also an SSD user (OA and W7 64 on one, general stuff on another) and coincidently I have Crucial and Kingston brands like you.

cj