Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Avaliable Q4 2012?

I thought ArmA3 is going to be released in Summer 2012, which means Q2 or Q3.

Now the ad on the forum is showing Q4, which basicly means around winter.

Is it going to be delayed?

I am totally OK with it, so they got more time to add features and decrease bugs :)

Just wondering :confused:

I didn't know there was an ad on the forum for ArmA 3, but the website does say Q4 2012. I believe they pushed back the release of ArmA III to get more money. Carrier Command comes out before ArmA III and I think it will bring in some much needed profits.

35kr37o.jpg

Edited by Nicholas

hmm, yes. since when? original deadline was too soon anyway. So this means A3 will we better anyway..

LOL, look at google arma3.com - cached, it says summer, nice find KrAziKilla

Edited by frostwyrm333

Seems as though Carrier Command will still have a summer release, or at least the ad says so.

"Take Over Taurus Q2 2012"

i5yjpl.jpg

Doesn't really matter, when it's there, I'll probably buy it. But there's no rush, BIS has to take it's time, it's not as if we're tired playing the old version. :)

Doesn't really matter, when it's there, I'll probably buy it. But there's no rush, BIS has to take it's time, it's not as if we're tired playing the old version. :)

I don't have a problem either, hell I played OFP - which was released in 2001 - until ArmA 1 came out. I never got bored of playing it because there was so much I could do.

No surprise there. I actually expected that. Still, it's very common that games get their release date moved, especially if they don't have a more fixed date then a financial quarter. More time; less bugs and maybe even a few extra features.

Looking forward to Carrier Commander though, it's looking very good. :)

It's probably a dumb question that as nothing to do with the topic, but will be possible to merge Arma 3 and Carrier Command contents?

The extra time will be carefully used to make A3 do all the things.

It's probably a dumb question that as nothing to do with the topic, but will be possible to merge Arma 3 and Carrier Command contents?

No, unlikely. I didn't find a name for the engine, but it's not the RV engine that ArmA uses. It's most likely an engine from Black Element Software (co-developer).

ph34r.gif

Edited by colossus

I think CC uses a different engine, so I highly doubt that possibility.

EDIT: I got ninja'd

If Arma 3 doesn't run at 60fps on Max on an integrated chipset I'll convince the community that teh BIS is milking Arma franchise and that its turning into the next COD. ;)

Thanks you two for answering, I was eager to buy both and fight some futuristic war.

But why should ArmA 3 delay release when DICE managed to put out a flawless iteration of BF3 without delaying its release?

/sarcasm

care to elaborate? what are all of these things that ArmA3 will do?

Dynamo;2092593']care to elaborate? what are all of these things that ArmA3 will do?

All the things. ;)

Edited by Celery

All the things.

You have to use this meme whenever is possible!

9146623.jpg

@topic: I actually believe in 2013 Q1 release. Or, if I want to be mean, a stable version. :rolleyes:

All the things. ;)

Why must you tantalize us. Could you reveal just a small tidbit, I promise not to tell anyone else. :sol:

Why must you tantalize us. Could you reveal just a small tidbit, I promise not to tell anyone else. :sol:

Celery is not a developer for Bohemia Interactive Studios. Yes, his profile picture and title is very deceiving; he is only a developer for the amazing mod Cold War Rearmed².

Check it out here.

Some information about it:

The Cold War Rearmed² (CWR) modification is a community project to bring the ever popular Cold War Crisis and Resistance campaigns and content into ArmA II. The idea is to rework the original content to take advantage of the enhancements BIS has made to the ArmA II engine.
Edited by Nicholas

Celery is not a developer for Bohemia Interactive Studios.

Thanks for explaining, this saves me from wasting more valuable time and energy on fruitless begging. :o

I thought ArmA3 is going to be released in Summer 2012, which means Q2 or Q3.

That's a very northern hemispheric view of the world, it's Summer 2012 right now down here :p

Maybe another dodgey pre-Christmas rushed release (due to publishers)?

Edited by ceeeb

Actually, Celery will deploy to the Mnisek Studio and link up with Team Mike, poste-haste.

Still, it's true that he hasn't made it through basic training, so, I concede, it would have been more appropriate to wait until (and if) he survives his induction. ;)

With luck, he'll soon be eligible to troll about all the things.

Best,

RiE