Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 179

Thread: F-14D Super Tomcat

  1. #81
    The RKSL's Typhoon engine flame effect is modeled on.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2011
    Location
    Garner,NC,USA
    Posts
    108
    Author of the Thread
    Thanks b00ce

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2011
    Location
    Garner,NC,USA
    Posts
    108
    Author of the Thread
    Hey guys i have an update:
    So far i've created a few other default textures, some of them still need to be fitted with the UV map to make them universal. I've also added engine flames to the burners (thanks to RKSL-Rock). Ive also made it to where mission makers can use the "this setObjectTexture" code in the editor to add their own user created texture. Shadow volume still hasnt been done, and the rio cockpit is going to be ugly until the update after this one, im more focused on the outside at the moment. Also the tomcat requires you to have a gunner/rio to make it real, your going to have to switch over to manual fire, and from there you can lock on. Jynx is helping me with the variable wing sweep script and when we finish that will be the update release. The pics are on the Armaholic forum if you want to see them getting tired of copying and pasting .

  4. #84
    Supreme Emperor of Nigeria RKSL-Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 6 2003
    Location
    In a dark room running Nigeria
    Posts
    6,353
    Ah bugger... Vector I completely forgot about your PM. Ill pick it up in the morning.

    Addons makers don’t get cash they get credit! Support them!
    RKSL Studios Website is BACK!! http://www.rkslstudios.info

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2011
    Location
    Garner,NC,USA
    Posts
    108
    Author of the Thread
    Haha it's ok i fixed it, i just have to add the afterburner flame then everything will work right.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorX96 View Post
    Jynx is helping me with the variable wing sweep script and when we finish that will be the update release.
    WHy a script Vector?
    Is it just for the "park" feature or for everything?
    I doubt many people uses scripts for wing sweeping any more.

  7. #87
    Supreme Emperor of Nigeria RKSL-Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 6 2003
    Location
    In a dark room running Nigeria
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorX96 View Post
    Haha it's ok i fixed it, i just have to add the afterburner flame then everything will work right.
    Ok. Sorry about that i've been very busy recently.

    And as Gnat says there is no need to script the wing sweep you can do it all in the model.cfg unless you want to do somethig special. You can even set the wing sweep angles to trigger at different speeds quite easily.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2011
    Location
    Garner,NC,USA
    Posts
    108
    Author of the Thread
    Yeah thats what we mean, see if we use the model config like Ikar did by adding the "source=Speed" then other animations wont work. I noticed this when i first started making the tomcat because i used the same method, but then i tried to get it to fold manually and the model config setup prevented it from doing so. So removed that and just made it a user action, I want the player to be able to manually control the wings on the ground but when you hit a certain speed the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) kicks in and overrides and automatically sweeps wings in the air. Jynx is working on something that wont use the model.cfg all to much, but he's been stalled due to Rl problems. So when this change will be made is a little unknown.

  9. #89
    Supreme Emperor of Nigeria RKSL-Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 6 2003
    Location
    In a dark room running Nigeria
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorX96 View Post
    Yeah thats what we mean, see if we use the model config like Ikar did by adding the "source=Speed" then other animations wont work.
    Well I use this method on the Tornado, Su-24, MIGs and F-35s. All the animations work. I'd suggest that your skeleton is not setup properly if your anims aren't working properly.

    Quote Originally Posted by VectorX96 View Post
    I noticed this when i first started making the tomcat because i used the same method, but then i tried to get it to fold manually and the model config setup prevented it from doing so. So removed that and just made it a user action, I want the player to be able to manually control the wings on the ground but when you hit a certain speed the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) kicks in and overrides and automatically sweeps wings in the air. Jynx is working on something that wont use the model.cfg all to much, but he's been stalled due to Rl problems. So when this change will be made is a little unknown.
    For the Tornado wing sweep and flap control I use a monitoring script similar to the Typhoon warning system driven by some custom animated switches (like the afterburner) to manage the flaps and spoilers. The wing sweep angle is automatic via the speed values i set in the model.cfg. But the script monitors the wing and flap angle, spoilers and airbrakes etc and only animates the surfaces when needed. It even allows the wings to be "stowed" at standstill. It just takes a bit of work to set up but it works very well.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2011
    Location
    Garner,NC,USA
    Posts
    108
    Author of the Thread
    The anims were working its just that when i was in the ground and say i wanted to go in a hanger and in order to do so i would have to fold the wings. But the setup in the model config would only let the wings move at certain speeds making them not react to scrips, i believe it was related to the Min, Max values but one time i changed them my self and the wings flew off the plane so i left it be.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •