Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88279 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Good ! Glad it is fixed - the SOPA protest screwed up our feedback at a crucial time.

Looking forward to testing this out later.

Battle eye kicking me for unknown game version when using this beta??

Question: does anyone else see that certain small pine trees and bushes have a different shape if you are further away and going/running closer to them? This "shapeshifting" is clearly visible at Chernarus forest and CWR2 islands woods. Sure one can get used it over time or simply put a blind eye on... just curious if BIS will have a look at it and solve this issue with plants/vegetation before it gets into A3.

Battle eye kicking me for unknown game version when using this beta??

Are you asking whether this will happen, or complaining that it is already happening?

Are you asking whether this will happen, or complaining that it is already happening?

Saying it is happening to me with this beta for me...

Turned firewall off... still kicks... Vanilla ok..

It seems BE needs to register each new beta version since a few weeks.

@BI: Maybe send $able an "URGENT" SMS on each beta release. ;)

Battle eye kicking me for unknown game version when using this beta

This new battleeye feature forces me to play older betas.

What was the reason to do this? Never experienced this with old battleeye, this is so annoying. Everytime new beta comes out we must wait till battleeye sign it.

It's not a progress - its a regress, cuz it touches only beta players, not hackers.

It seems BE needs to register each new beta version since a few weeks.

@BI: Maybe send $able an "URGENT" SMS on each beta release. ;)

The beta page can be watched and there are RSS feeds, seems only needed is

1. Download new Beta when comes out

2. Unpack Beta

3. Add hash to hash list

4. Submit updated hash list

Sounds simple to automate (but I have no insight currently in the process), or perhaps something that could be done rather from BI's side (hashlist maintained and hosted by BI) ?

Edited by Sickboy

Question: does anyone else see that certain small pine trees and bushes have a different shape if you are further away and going/running closer to them? This "shapeshifting" is clearly visible at Chernarus forest and CWR2 islands woods. Sure one can get used it over time or simply put a blind eye on... just curious if BIS will have a look at it and solve this issue with plants/vegetation before it gets into A3.

It's not an issue, it's optimisation and you can set textures to "Very high", it will solve this.

Who said to you it is an issue? It's called lods and implemented in all games, not BIS fault.

This new battleeye feature forces me to play older betas.

What was the reason to do this? Never experienced this with old battleeye, this is so annoying. Everytime new beta comes out we must wait till battleeye sign it.

It's not a progress - its a regress, cuz it touches only beta players, not hackers.

It's due to new integrity checks, so yes, it touches hackers. Usually a new beta is supported shortly after the release (when I'm available), so this shouldn't be a big issue.

Unfortunately this process cannot be automated, as it involves more than just adding a hash to a list.

It's due to new integrity checks, so yes, it touches hackers. Usually a new beta is supported shortly after the release (when I'm available), so this shouldn't be a big issue.

Unfortunately this process cannot be automated, as it involves more than just adding a hash to a list.

Could you then perhaps pop into future beta threads and post something like "BE updated!" (once that is done of course), so that peeps know when it's okay to use the new beta in MP? :)

Too bad it isn't automateable.

The problem currently is that people are somewhat required to surf the latest betas because the released 1.60 patch had several issues incl Crash, and because of callExtension support (JayArma2Lib/ACRE support).

Now that the betas seem to have taken a more experimental turn,

most betas give something that the user needs/wants, but also adds another problem that makes him want/need the next beta release again, and so on.

Great for testing, not so great for enjoying Multiplayer, or the game in general :)

This is probably why people are so gung-ho on getting BE support ASAP.

Especially since everyone is encouraged to use Sigs V2 together with BE, to counter cheating etc.

If anything I guess the timing is a little unlucky.

IMO what is needed to resolve the matter is an engine-only 1.61 patch that includes callExtension, is BE supported and is more of Stable nature.

Edited by Sickboy

It's not an issue, it's optimisation and you can set textures to "Very high", it will solve this.

Who said to you it is an issue? It's called lods and implemented in all games, not BIS fault.

Setting textures to "Very High" doesn't change anything. Only a very slight change may be visible with setting objects details to "Very High". Still those green blobs are there and these only change if you are very close.

One of many places to see these plants "shapeshifting": Chernarus, Green Mountain 037093, watch/walk (heading 60) east through the wood towards Pogarevka. Expected to see those small pine trees and bushes like they are not as an blob which disappears only within 1-3m of users view. Its an visual issue - mostly visible with certain smaller plants.

Setting textures to "Very High" doesn't change anything. Only a very slight change may be visible with setting objects details to "Very High". Still those green blobs are there and these only change if you are very close.

Correct. The slow LOD switching is particularly noticeable in CWR2 forests for me with certain bushes. The final switching to highest LOD can occur less than 5m away (not always), and sometimes can even get stuck on a lower LOD (rare).

It depends also how well the LODs are made/tweaked for the given model.

Probably same applies for texture (even though I am not sure that you can influence the mipmap generation).

Well Chernarussian LODs are messed up. F.e. one LOD can have branches that the next one (more detailed one!) doesn't. And thus it tends to look annoying.

It isn't a big deal though since such trees are rare.

And BIS won't fix it.

RE: Textures and LODS - I changed my malloc to jedmalloc and set my video memory to default and this has just about stopped happening for me. Every machine is going to be different for this though, so it's worth playing around with these.

Yes the LODS have been bad for sometime now. Haven't really tried to find a fix yet, guess i will start with the mem.dlls..? Though if i recall, Bis did some "optimization to the trees (there was much moaning about performance and the "red trees" on Cherno...) and since then its been kinda sucky.

Ever since the recent beta patches I've been getting this green bar on the left side of my in-game screen, it gradually flows upward and downward and there is letters to the side i think it says SLI but I never changed any of those settings. Does anyone know what this is?

I tried taking a screenshot of it with fraps but it dosen't show up in the picture which is weird.

Sounds like the NVIDIA Multi-GPU Visial Indicator which you can turn off from the 3D Settings drop-down at the top of the NVIDIA Control Panel. Nothing to do with A2 CO, most likely.

Edited by OMAC

Ever since the recent beta patches I've been getting this green bar on the left side of my in-game screen, it gradually flows upward and downward and there is letters to the side i think it says SLI but I never changed any of those settings. Does anyone know what this is?

I tried taking a screenshot of it with fraps but it dosen't show up in the picture which is weird.

Thats the SLI (twin video cards) meter showing how the both cards cards. When you get more and less power (benefit) from two cards in SLI. Like mentioned above - turn it off in your NVIDIA Control Panel.

Using FXAASharp>0 and HDR>Medium, I'm getting black borders around bright areas in NVGs:

nvgbug.jpg

Setting FXAASharp=0 or HDR=Medium fixes the problem.

Couldn't find a ticket for this in a quick CIT search. If none exists, I'll create it.

Derp. Solved it for me and with Sharp maxed out - best looking vegetation Ive seen and no more morphing.