Sign in to follow this  
strac_sapper

RH SCAR H and M14 ACOG Replacement

This mod replaces the BIS Mk17, M14, and DMR with RH models. updated v0.5 10 Feb 2012.

rh_scarh_acog_thumb.jpgRH_mk14_acog_thumb.jpgRH_scarh_acog_sd_thumb.jpgrh_m39emr_icon.jpg

RH SCAR H, M14, and DMR Replacement

by

strac_sapper

Description:

This replaces the Mk17 CCO regular and SD with RH's SCAR H ACOG and ACOG SD. And the M14 Aimpoint with RH's Mk14 mod 0 ACOG or M39 EMR. Also, replaces DMR with M39 EMR. It also allows replacement of M14 with M39. If one has a powerful 7.62mm, why not put a ranged scope on it?

In game their names are:

For SCAR H:

-Mk17 ACOG, Mk17 ACOG SD

For M14:

-Mk14 ACOG or M14 Sage SSDS (you can only have one active at a time!)

For DMR:

-M39 EMR

The scripting names are of course unchanged.

Installation:

You can only use RH_m39_emr_repl.pbo OR RH_mk14_acog_repl.pbo at any given time, NOT both at the same time. Please choose one and feel free to change at any time. The others are independent of each other and can be added together.

Included files:

RH_scarH_acog_repl.pbo

RH_mk14_acog_repl.pbo

RH_m39emr_dmr_repl.pbo

RH_m39_emr_repl.pbo

Usage:

Feel free to use this for any non-commercial or non-military purposes.

- To replace SCAR H use: RH_scarH_acog_repl.pbo

- To replace M14 use either: RH_mk14_acog_repl.pb OR RH_m39_emr_repl.pbo

NOT BOTH. You must choose ONE!

- To replace DMR use: RH_m39emr_dmr_repl.pbo

Change log:

-v0.1 initial release

-v0.2 added RH's Mk14 mod 0 ACOG model to replace M14 Aimpoint

-v0.3 added RH's SCAR H ACOG SD model to replace Mk17 CCO SD, fixes SD CCO zoom bug

-v0.4 signature and key added

-v0.5 added M39 EMR replacement for M14 and DMR

Notes:

When mk14 or M39 EMR replacement is active, ACOG/Scope sights appear when aiming down sight of RH's Mk14 EBR or M14 EBR with iron sights.

A fix is to press the alternate sight button Number pad "/" [num-/]. This sets it to the iron sights. A more permanent fix is being devised.

Credits & Thanks:

RH for the model and permission

StanThaMan for M14 acog replacement mod for inspiration

Others on BIS forum

BIS for the outstanding game

Armaholic for posting so many awesome addons

Forums Topic:

- RH MGS weapons OA/CO

- RH Mk18 Pack OA/CO

- Armaholic Thread

Required Addons:

-RH mgswp OA/CO (for SCAR H and Mk14)

-RH Mk18 Pack (for M39 EMR replacements)

-Arma 2 (for DMR M39 replacement)

Download Link:

Gamefront

Armaholic

Edited by strac_sapper
update to v0.5, M39 EMR added

Thanks for the mirror and for interest. Let me know if there are any troubles, I've been using them and all is good. I just love the Mk14 model, it looks so good. I am still a fan of the old M14, but a change is good.

Which Multicam units are they?

They are real nice right? These are the massi "rangers" for OA/CO.

HI strac_sapper

here i have the problem with mk17 cco in laser show my nigthvision dnot work when aiming too zoom on the reticle

check this only happen when add your .pbo

Hi, thanks for point this out. It occurs because i redefine the attributes of CCO in the Mk17 as an ACOG; the CCO should have no zoom. I am going to place the ACOG on the silenced version too to fix the problem. Nothing except a night scope should have zoom capabilities with night vision.

Which Multicam units are they?

They are massi's "Rangers" for OA/CO. Nice aren't they?

I have a fix coming for the 4x zoom on the CCO SD mk17.

EDIT: We are fixed now! V0.3 replaces CCO SD with RH's SCAR H ACOG SD, since overwriting the CCO also overwrote the optics for the CCO SD.

Edited by strac_sapper
fix 0.3

could u please explain me how to use this?

i know it sounds dumb but i have several mods up and running (including ace2) so, technically, i know how to add mods. it's just i cannot get replacement packs to work. i don't know why cause i've tried everything: making 2 mod folders (one for mk18 pack and one for replacement pack); making one modfolder with all files inside of it; extracting all files to the Arma/addons folder-but nothing works.

i have the same problem with mk18pack and mk18 replacement pack, whenever i start OA campaign i still have mk16 even though the mk18 replacement pack is supposed to, well, replace it...i use A2:RTF v1.6 with the latest ace2 version.

nice work, very useful to get modern variants of an excellent battle rifle! Thanks!

Spotter, that's because you are using ACE which is quite peculiar...that's why many mods have a specific ACE version.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use their own weapon variants. Try opening a US army Special weapons ammo box and see if the Mk17 CCO is replaced by a Mk17 ACOG. IF so then it is probably that ACE does have their own replacements.

Yes, I love the M39 now. The model and optics model are really nice.

EDIT: also try the USMC special weapons ammo box and you should get the DMR replaced if you use the RH_M39emr_dmr_repl.pbo

Edited by strac_sapper

Hi mate,

great guns as always! any chance we could see mk16-SCAR L] with RCO [specter DR],mini red dot and suppressor in 12.5 and 16.5 barrel's ? or a M4/HK416/417 in this config.

cheers.

This is a replacement pack, you'd get more of an answer asking in the respective RH_Weapon threads Here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112491-RH-MGS-wp-Pack-for-OA-CO

And here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105283-RH-Mk18-pack-1-1-for-OA-CO

Since those threads are by the actual creator of the addon packs used in the replacement pack.