Sign in to follow this  
mir00

RPM - an rpg mission framework

I feel we are missing some details with pictures here

Here what do we have right now and how does it look:

-Manufacturing system: consists of resource gathering, resource reprocessing and production of items, weapons and vehicles at factories;

-Shops: shops sell thing and buy them, filling the shop stock with player made items;

-Drug system: growing the drug, reprocessign and selling;

-Group creation and territory control: Groups can control territores, each territory is able to have own special function, eg. shop, factory, storage;

-Tax system: mayor controls taxes, which affect police side bounties.

-Standart cop routine: wanted system, search, stun, jail.

-Same civ routine: jobs, paychecks, bank account, storage, licences.

And some other stuff i forgot of.

Full map of the mission area, located in Berezino (1,7 mb)

rpm_mappreview.png

http://arma-rp.com/rpm_map.png

What are the possibilites of the mission, what can be made in a future:

-Stats saving

-Permanent Groups

-More jobs

Any other thing you can think of, i dunno.

Mission is easy potable to any map, wheter it is takistan, zagrabad, or some custom map with unicorns and rainbows.

Edited by mir00

Hey all, if you have any questions, you can visit our site, or I'll eventually get back to answering here. Known missing features: Emissions Taxes, Bombs, Nitro/Armor, Cameras, and Administration GUI.

Contributing:

If you'd like to contribute, learn version control if you haven't already, write up a patch, submit it directly to sparcdr [at] arma-rp.com, fork the tree if you end up changing too much, or ask for write access once you prove your fix/feature works. DVCS remote branching (Mostly git people would chose this) may also be in order if you prefer that. I track development on hg, and port the changes back to git normally, since I've been using hg from the beginning.

Credits:

I'd like for any person or community using the code to at least give credit as stated in the README, thanks. Either keep in the introduction, put in the diary, put on site somewhere, or any combination.

Playing the mission:

Also, we host a playable server, filter ARMA-RP or use arma-rp.com as the remote host. No addons, just CO 1.60.

About statsave:

Our hosted version has a statsave script written in Perl, but it's not parsed in real-time, just with #shutdown on a watchdog, which is provided on the thread (The watchdog).. I've used pskill from SysInternals (MS) for resolving file locking on HUP on Windows, which is omitted but comes before the arma2oaserver bit, then run the script. We host on Linux still, and only have modified the stock BIS arma2server shellscript so that it pulls from hg.

Some of the code is there, but if you want to write your own server-side, it uses tagging to find lines, makes a big array (Collection) of the lines read via FIFO, iterates, storing the frontmost line, strips the superfluous characters.

You'll have to deal with arma engine line limits for debug output (2048 chars), by using something like if (_line call RPM_str_Length >= 2047) then {...}; or explicitly create arrays for groups of data so the output can be iterated, normally avoiding the format issue. The script loops around matching an end tag from the start so it reads-to the contents until.

_somearr = ["test", "hello"];
_otherarr = ["other", "stuff"];
_bigarr = _somearr + _otherarr;

Arrays internally are only limited by 32-bit dimensions, so you're free to have any size short of ridiculous so long as your output is hit with a big hammer.

hint localize "--start";
hint localize "someparsedarr = [";
for[{_i = 0}, {_i < count(_bigarr)}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {
   if (((format["%1", _bigarr select _i]) call RPM_str_Length) <= 2047) then {
       hint localize format["%1", _bigarr select _i];
   };
};
hint localize "];";
hint localize "--end";

Then write the parser so it matches output from right of "--start" to before "--end", stripping unnecessary [, ], or ;'s with your scripting language's substring or equivalent. (Using length of line to focus the trim operation)

I've been throwing around ideas about how to use jayarma2lib for real-time saving, and you can help out the folks at the arma2-mysql devheaven project if you want to go that direction.

Concurrency:

The mission has only been tested with loads up to say a dozen players, but if you host more with success, I'd like to know, since there's a fair share of data sent for all the various subsystems. If you can improve this, see Contributing above.

Edited by sparcdr
Map preview..

Heyho,

finally some kind of RPG-mission without stupid encryption.

I will try to contribute as soon as I finished my exams.

everytime i load up the mission it askes for a file server.sa which i dont have any help?

Edit RPM\Server\FNC_Server.sqf, comment out

execVM "\a2server\server.sqf";

with //'s to disable it. On a soon release I have it check for dedicated. You can make an empty a2server directory in your OA root, then an empty server.sqf file inside there, so it execVM's nil.

-Stats save has been added. Now server saves your items, vehicles, weapons, bank balance and licences over server restarts.

-Numerous bugs has been fixed

Will post a stable version pack somewhen later.

Mission is playable and will be finished soon, hopefully.

If anyone is interested, of course.

I to would like to test this on me dedi server :)

Thanks

Packed version is available for download. If you find any issues or questions - ask on our forum, mission is still WIP.

-Currently on housing feature - private houses for civs, with storage, garage and spawn (if not wanted)

Hi there how on earth do I use these files?.

Where do they all go

Thanks

The usual way: extract CrimeLife.Chernarus folder to Users\%yourname%\Documents\ArmA 2\mpmissions

Launch with creating new multiplayer game.

Oh I was putting them in the MPfolder in ARMA2 DIR never knew you could put missions in that folder to.

Will test later not on game pc at the mo

Thansk