Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87969 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[87963] Optimized: Reduced memory footprint in complex missions.

[87840] New: Added scripting command productVersion (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/25580)

[87837] Changed: Addons config value requiredVersion ignored for easier addon sharing between various products (A2, TOH).

[87824] Changed: Removed support for config parameter nightVision (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/26117)

Any chance of a server build version?
Why can't you install Betas the normal way?

In any case; Start 7zip, open the beta patch exe, open the exe inside the exe as "open inside", and extract the files you need? :D

I suppose someone could whip up a utility to do this fairly automated.

IMO past weeks have proven that publically available and advertised 'hotfix version' is way too confusing and unneeded.

Just tested the new night vision for AI and see big improvements. Now the AI doesn't pinpoint you in the dark if you engage with a silenced weapon unless they have NVG or you are dumb enough to stand under a lamp post.

I haven't done any extensive testing regarding range vs different times/weather but all in all the it felt much more convinsing.... so yet another (IMHO) important issue fixed, thanks BIS!

Now downloading next build :)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

the only problem with these beta is that you can't really use them for MP,since the others will have some "advantages".

Just tested the new night vision for AI and see big improvements. Now the AI doesn't pinpoint you in the dark if you engage with a silenced weapon unless they have NVG or you are dumb enough to stand under a lamp post.

I haven't done any extensive testing regarding range vs different times/weather but all in all the it felt much more convinsing.... so yet another (IMHO) important issue fixed, thanks BIS!

Now downloading next build :)

/KC

Well I am using latest beta and stupid chedakis without NVGs still can engage me from 100+ metres away with high accuracy..

the only problem with these beta is that you can't really use them for MP,since the others will have some "advantages".
thats not new. remember when new recoil was introduced...you get the benefit of better accustoming with the new features or lost features when the patch is out.

Well I am using latest beta and stupid chedakis without NVGs still can engage me from 100+ metres away with high accuracy..

Interesting, any chance for making a simple repro so I/others can test? Also your skill settings (both in cfg and editor) would be helpfull.

I used a few OPFOR/Rus AI when I tested and as I said their AI night vision capabilities felt much more convincing.

These are betas FCS! I'm just happy we have free access to them at all and have the chance to give the dev's some input. You seems to demand quite alot...

And btw you can use them in MP. Just put up your own DS and require everyone to use latest build.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Set the server's requiredBuild to the beta of choice.