Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardware Specs

Hardware Specs

Can someone tell me what specs do I need to run a dedicated 24 slots ArmA 2 OA server?

This would be a dedicated machine with a 100mbit connection, I just want to know what CPU and RAM I need.

Or tell me how many slots do you run on what machine so I can make an ideea.

THANKS !

Depends on the missions u will be playing as well CRCTI/Warfare/Coop/TDM/CTF/DM/etc....

From my tests so far with CRCTI I been using Quad Core Xeon 3ghz 4gb (have 8gb and 16gb but makes no dif it seems....)

Upgrading to Dual Quad Xeon 3.16ghz atm since we found ways to stuff the Quad Core 3ghz system with CRCTI (even when O/C to 3.8ghz)
    Sudden Command Computer Repairs and Sales
    VSARMY Dedicated ARMA MFCTI Server

Can you please me HOW MUCH slots do you run on that configuration ?

with or without AI slots

WITH AI we run 18 or 24 Slots with Groupsize 12 so 288 Total Ai/Players thats not counting the possible 960-120 Other AI atm best way to get tons of AI? Fly a plane around and spawn 54 Towns at start of game... congrats server LAG

So if I would like to run a 24 slots domination server, what kind of server would I need? (CPU, RAM)

maybe someone here that runs a domination server more frequently can comment?

So I'm about to buy a dual core 1.86Ghz (L5320) 2gb ram VPS.

Is that enough for 15-20 people?

Our dear game seems to benefit on speed rather than multiple cores, but I would guess your system will bee too slow. You should go for at least CPU around 3 GHz, and 4 Gigs of RAM (depends on OS of course, only 3 on 32 bit OS).
    I'm Norwegian, what's your excuse?

How about 1 core of i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz ? I can't belive that I need that much power for a freaking 20 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixismyname View Post
    How about 1 core of i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz ? I can't belive that I need that much power for a freaking 20 slots.
    Power is required if you run any kind of COOP mission with lots of AI. Domination is not that demanding mission there are a lot heavier missions out there.

Thats a nice CPU but with one core you might have performance issues cause it will have constant 100% load. Two cores @3Ghz might work for what you need, but only one no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast