Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

Battleye corrupted Memory#3

I am constantly getting this in servers...even my own server..client and server both up to date..3 other people I game with are all getting same error...doesnt make it thriough the loading screen and get booted..I found this on another thread so thought I'd share it..not sure if it helps or not..

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>ping bistudio.com -l 7

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 7 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=7 time=128ms TTL=47

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=7 time=129ms TTL=47

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=7 time=127ms TTL=47

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=7 time=129ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 81.0.236.117:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 127ms, Maximum = 129ms, Average = 128ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

Anything I can do or is this being looked into?

Thanks,

JC

Are you using something like TrackIRFixer to modify your game executable?

i get the same error and im getting constantly kicked off the server.

"Battleye: corrupted memory #3".

What can be done to fix this annoying situation?

Battleeye 1.148

OA 1.60.87580

Negative on the track IR or anything else that modifies the executable..running ACE/ACRE/CBA/JayArma2Lib..nothing special..

JC

I haven't been kicked with this error but I have seen 2 people get kicked from it as soon as joning today, BattleEye said it updated when I first started playing online today

could that have something to do with it?

Maybe re-install BattleEye?

EDIT:

Corrupted Memory #X: BattlEye detects that your game's memory is not what it is supposed to be. Scan your system for viruses/trojans/spyware and check your RAM for possible defects (using tools like Memtest86). If that doesn't help, the game's installation on your harddisk is possibly corrupted - therefore, try to reinstall the game.

from http://www.battleye.com/support.html

I did a re install of BE using the BE uninstaller and installer..did that twice..no difference..and the the guys I usually game with are having same issues...I'll give memtest a try and see what comes up..just odd that this happened all of a sudden to more than just myself...besides Track IR..what other program might cause a mem leak? I have a few for editing..Eliteness/BI tools etc..also hdwe monitoring programs..MSI afterburner.AMD Overdrive.GPU Z CPU Z etc etc..but none of those alter the exe...I am doing a full defrag using Auslogic defrag right now..I will do memtest after that..if any more issues I'll post back..Thanks for the info.

best contact $able via PM to get some hands on support

I'm now pretty sure this is caused by you guys running JayArmA2Lib, which hooks the game executable to add functionality to ArmA 2.

The good news is that there already is a new beta version of the tool that uses a new extension feature in the latest OA betas and therefore doesn't require this hooking approach anymore. See the following post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2083748&postcount=537. Please test this and let me know if it fixes your problem.

The good news is that there already is a new beta version of the tool that uses a new extension feature in the latest OA betas and therefore doesn't require this hooking approach anymore. See the following post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2083748&postcount=537. Please test this and let me know if it fixes your problem.
For those unclear on how to upgrade / test, or detest fiddling around; Six Updater fully supports both the old and the new version, as of Six Updater 2.9pre4;

http://www.six-updater.net/2012/01/six-updater-29pre4-released.html

It automatically cleans up unneeded files or installs needed files, depending on what game version you are running.

The latest beta is also available on SU, which should make for comfortable upgrading/testing.

I ran the defrag..did a scan,,disk cleanup etc etc..uninstalled battlyeye and reinstalled using the battlyeye installer ..I use six-updater ..so should I close six updater..manually remove jayarma2lib folder and dsound.dll..then start six updater again and let it do its thing?...I did try and join a server..says battleye uptodate..get loading screen then booted for same memory issue...

JC

Version 1.60.0.87580

Edited by Diesel Tech JC

Maybe delete every BEClient.dll on your computer (show hidden files active) and get the latest from the BE page?

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

I did that as well PVP..no change..I actually have the BE site bookmarked just in case their is groundbreaking news..but thanks for the reply.

JC

Diesel; First make sure Six Updater is v2.9pre, if older, first run Six Updater with auto-self-update enabled.

Then enable and install the latest expansion/beta from Six Updater (v1.60.87816),

then run Install/Update and Startgame with expansion/beta and @JayArma2lib in your preset. If all is well, you should see @JayArma2Lib_new instead.

Basically; If you have a game version older than 87662, the old @JayArma2Lib with dsound.dll will be used.

If you have a game version 87662 or newer, the new @JayArma2Lib_new without dsound.dll will be used.

Edited by Sickboy

Diesel; First make sure Six Updater is v2.9pre, if older, first run Six Updater with auto-self-update enabled.

Then enable and install the latest expansion/beta from Six Updater (v1.60.87816),

then run Install/Update and Startgame with expansion/beta and @JayArma2lib in your preset. If all is well, you should see @JayArma2Lib_new instead.

Basically; If you have a game version older than 87662, the old @JayArma2Lib with dsound.dll will be used.

If you have a game version 87662 or newer, the new @JayArma2Lib_new without dsound.dll will be used.

Thanks for the reply..I do have autoupdate on..but I'll run it again tomorrow as well as get the beta from six and hope that does the trick..I'll let you know..thanks for the reply!

JC

Used SU last night for our servers just like Sickboy says. Works like a dream.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.

$able,

We are using ACRE,

JAyarm2lib is not required by the server so we are not running that. We have updated to the latest Beta and Jayarma2lib through SU. No issues last night with BE, was a quiet night, I`ll let you know if we have any similar problems.

I ran six updater as sickboy said..everything is good except jayarma2lib new is blue and wont update..I got the latest exp/beta off six updater..cant get jayarma2lib to turn green..says incompatible

15:08:19: = @JayArma2Lib_new

15:08:19: Mod is tagged 'disabled' (probably incompatible). Skipping...

15:08:19:

15:08:19:

15:08:19: Ready

15:08:22: Processing ModApps

15:08:22: Didn't copy to existing equal or newer c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/dsound.dll

Edit: Did get it to work..didnt have "Beta" box checked to enable it...so much to keep track of and remember...us old guys get lost sometimes..thanks to all for the help..will test tonite and report back tomorrow..

Edit 2: just got done playin about 2 hours no issues at all..also got my squad mates sorted out with all of your help..Thanks again!

Edited by Diesel Tech JC

I have the same problem here, "Memory #3", BE kick's me from game.

I updated BE too,but, no fix...

I'm not loading JayArma2Lib on dedi server...

What is loaded on the server doesn't matter, if your client uses the old version of JayArmA2Lib you will have problems.

@Diesel; Glad you got it sorted ;-)

Update the clients to the new version, easiest should be through SU as described above.

@Diesel; Glad you got it sorted ;-)

Update the clients to the new version, easiest should be through SU as described above.

I'm having the same issue only when I enter an ACE server with Battleye enabled.

When playing in non-ACE/Battleye-enabled servers the game simply crashes on a blue-screen style in my windows.

My game is a Steam version. If I do an uptade of my game via SixUpdater, will I have other issues or it's ok ?

Thanks for the assist.

Edited by Etex

My version is Steam as well Etex..but never actually use steam..always use six updater to run the game...

JC

My version is Steam as well Etex..but never actually use steam..always use six updater to run the game...

JC

I didn't use Steam for playing the game too, only for updates.

To run the game I use Arma 2 Laucher. But the doubt remains, can I install this patch via SU and not even have any issues ?

Thanks

Edited by Etex

If you dont use six-updater to launch the game not sure if you can patch it with it...not real clear about how arma2 launcher works compared to six-updater..sickboy would know for sure..

JC