Sign in to follow this  
CommanderYuri

Armenian Army 0.1

CURRENTLY IN WIP MODE AS OF APRIL 2013; RELEASE SOON

ARMENIAN ARMY

Armenian-Armed-Forces.gif

Description

I am proud to present you my very first ARMA 2 addon and also the very first addon in general for these amazing game titles. I have decided to take the Armenian Armed Forces as my first great project and will hopefully succeed with a complete package, as you may have noticed, it's only the country's land forces at the moment and incomplete!, but when having enough time and get hands on the required material, I will finish the it.

Basically, it is mostly a reskin of provided units, since I still have to expertize myself a bit more on creating own models what is time expensive. So I rely on given content and can hopefully please you with this for now ..... :)

You will find the army on independent side.

Content

The addon includes different unit types and classes with their groups. I tried to create proper groups but did also use my own fantasy for example on special units or tanks. More and mixed variants will follow with the next update.

Basic single content is:

Armenian Infantry - 3 variants, different camouflage

Armenian Special Forces

motorized vehicles

mechanized vehicles

tanks

static weaponry

artillery ( in this case, divided from static weaponry )

Basic groupings are:

Infantry formations, from squad to small teams

- Mechanized Infantry

- Motorized Infantry

Special forces formations + mech/motorized

Tank formations, platoon sized only. 3 weight classes

2x T-72B variant. Since you cannot correctly implement the camo on the era bricks ( or it needs damn lot of work ), I made my own camo concept on it. Simple but yet fictional

in addition, different crews

and some rather decorative or symbolic equipment, since their army has it. See yourself .... ;)

Sample Material

NO VALID, OUTDATED ONES REMOVED, WAIT FOR UPDATE !

Credits

Of course the people who helped, aided and supported me got to be whorshipped. Many many thanks to the following people:

SaS TrooP - a friend, Arma 2 companion, spmbt opponent and main instructor for configurations and scripting, what would have I done without him ! We both motivated eachother on completing own projects even though having some hard times - plenty of good and helpful tips and assistance. His Georgian Armed Forces addon inspired me to work on this. So many great thanks to you and before I forget: SPMBT is the best game eva! ^^

Rellikki - big thanks for providing me his Chernarusian Red Army troops. I appreciate it very very much since his units brought a good addition to my infantry ! :)

hcpookie and Franze - for their brdm2 med-range air defence variant and again hcpookie for his amazing work on the upgraded brdm-2, I hopefully will be able to implement some of the many more variants, for the next update.

D@VÅ - for providing his SLA troops, what made me possible to include additional units, which I would not be able without it. Thank you very much for this !

ACE team - for developing a realistic overhaul to an allready amazing game, making it even more climatic with it's realistic futures, settings and possibilities. Please continue the good work, every step of yours, is a further step to realism !

Many thanks also to every single person who helped and supported me ! God bless you all !

Bohemia Interactive - for just making such awesome games ! Every single one

Known Issues

- at the moment, some small texture bugs to be fixed on

the brdm-2 AA ( it looses new text at a far distance )

- two same units for SF. Just hade no time anymore to fix it :D

please report me, if you find any other bugs like for example missing textures etc.

Future Plans

- to complete the Armenian Armed Forces. When I'm done, it will be called so.

• adding the air component and additional vehicles
  • adding naval elements ( yes, they have .... )
  • adding additional sf with camo variants + peacekeepers
  • enhancing everything ( more dirt - dust, more flexible larger and mixed formations, to name one issue .... )

Required:

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations

A.C.E - Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA + Extras

CBA - Community Base Addons - CO

for all people who will hate me for this, yes I will also try to make a non ACE version ..... ^^

ACE has just so many awesome features, the vanilla lacks on. For example the fancy safety goggles .... :P

Downloadable Content

BEEING UPDATED WIP

Edited by CommanderYuri
update

nice job :)

If I may suggest, some dirt etc on the units would be a great thing to add in the future.

Nice to see another Faction, congrats on the release :)

nice job :)

If I may suggest' date=' some dirt etc on the units would be a great thing to add in the future.[/quote']

I will for sure, just had no clear idea or vision how to make it properly. But I will, thanks :)

Nice to see another Faction, congrats on the release :)

Thank you very much ! Your Nogovan army project rocks ! :thumbs-up:

.... and could a moderator please change the thread name to "Armenian Army 0.1" ? .... Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by CommanderYuri

Awesome idea! Thanks for the release.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS: topic renamed as requested

Thank you Foxhound ! Though is it possible to add the requirements ?

Nice job mate! Looking forward to non ACE version! :)

Will think about it. But keep in mind, that some key vehicles cannot be included in that case :)

Edited by Foxhound
Quoted image removed

i hope for an non - ACE version too. Until then i will not be downloading it :(

Truly immersive mod to be honest, great variety of units with hardcore realism settings, thats the thing I love :)

I fell honoured that I could help you with this project and I am still willing to do so! There are few flaws, but nothing really problematic, keep it up and finally smaller nations will have its place in armaverse.

Very cool! Any Caucasus troops are most welcome. Now we need some Azeris ;).

Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Edited by DiFool

Nice! Emporio ArmЯni ;)

Today all use ACE... Keep it up bro!

Nice! Emporio ArmЯni ;)

Today all use ACE... Keep it up bro!

not everyone uses ACE your statement is abit wrong.

UPDATE 0.4

I made a small quick update which contains a bugfix regarding the shading of the mixed Infantry units. Further, I remade the Commandos and gave them a much better and diverse look as they were rather odd. I hope you enjoy before the next large update :).

Download the new version from the first post.

Edited by CommanderYuri

Thank you much guys ! :-)

Congrats on your new release, hopefully at some point i may have a complete set of Nogovan addons like your Armenian's :)

Congrats on your new release, hopefully at some point i may have a complete set of Nogovan addons like your Armenian's :)

An all-in-one would be really nice R0adki11 :-)

Still ACE-dependent?:(

The current one yes. I will add the non-ace version in future.

Seems like corrupted archive for me? Break the download randomly around 50-100mb.

The filefront one is working.