Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ARMA 2 CO crash(reinforcements has stopped working)

ARMA 2 CO crash(reinforcements has stopped working)

Hi everyone,

I just bought ARMA 2 CO on steam a few days ago. Great game, no problems , but...

Yesterday I started ARMA 2 OA, played for 20 minutes MP and freezed. So I did Alt-Ctrl-Delete and arrived at my desktop. Then I shut ARMA 2 OA down and I got the message: ARMA 2 Reinforcements has stopped working.
    I only have ARMA 2 Combined Ops, and not Reinforcements.(Only lite version)

I reinstalled Arma 2 OA but got the same problem. I have Windows Vista32x.
    Don't know the specs, but I can play the game on high settings pretty good.
    And I have the latest update installed.
    I'm not using any mods.

Don't know what's wrong with it, and can't find the problem on internet.

Sorry for the bad English, I'm Dutch
    Please help me!
    Last edited by RichardT252; Jan 6 2012 at 01:10.

sounds like you have a very similiar issue to mine, and i have the very exact same release of the game from steam too !

can you please look up in user User Directory/AppData/Arma Directory and check for a file called ArmA2OA.RPT

open with editor and search for some thing like:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

you find it there ? if yes, we probably have teh same issue and can be debugged simulatnusly :-)

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(310 of 1000$ per month by 37 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by deszythe View Post
    sounds like you have a very similiar issue to mine, and i have the very exact same release of the game from steam too !

can you please look up in user User Directory/AppData/Arma Directory and check for a file called ArmA2OA.RPT

open with editor and search for some thing like:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

you find it there ? if yes, we probably have teh same issue and can be debugged simulatnusly :-)
    Yes I found it, It's called:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 009D6EA1
    Allocator: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\dll\tbb3malloc_bi.dll

Do you know how It can be solved?

It seems There is an issue with the patch, they don't want to believe it but there is. everyone's games where operating fine up until the Patch ... now mayhem is here..i have sent my DxDiag.txt to BIS still no answer yet. 5 reinstall's and finally going back to the lite versions of BAF and PMC then getting my game to finally patch plus adding -noupdate to my para line seems to have helped

"Some of u been trying to write rhymes for years but weak ideas irratate my ears,is this the best that you can make? Cause if not and you got more then I'll wait"

I am having pretty much the same issue, after playing for a certain amount of time(which varies quite a bit), my game will just freeze then a window pops up saying: "Arma 2 Reinforcements has stopped working". Now, here is the kicker. When I am on a server by myself, I have no problems, when certain people join my server, then that is when I start having problems. Especially if I have an AI in my squad or someone else in my squad. But is always random. I have checked my RPT and there is nothing in there about Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 009D6EA1. I am getting very upset with these crashes and am about to give up on the game even though this is the BEST game out there.

Had the same issue. After I installed Beta patch 87662 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ighlight=87662 and unchecked the overlay in the Teamspeak plugins I have not had any further problems.

Hm you could try to run the game with some other provided memory allocator http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...mory_Allocator

i have had zero issues now the whole week, but today, i again installed AVAST , and boom ! 2 Minutes and first crash. at least I now know the problem source

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

okay i have tested a bit and can confirm that AVAST is causing the problems. but if I manually deactivated the Guard function during game, i am perfectly fine. maybe that helps some peoples !!!

Well, I actually turned off the Teamspeak overlay and installed all of the latest beta patches. I haven't crashed yet but I am still getting occasional 2-3 second freezes every few minutes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast