Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87816 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[87768] Fixed: AI vehicles crews seeing targets badly (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/23388)

+ multiple fixes improving AI crew behaviour , theirs vision (and thus vehicles overall)

BE (BattlEye) already supports this build too

remember beta installer DO NOT OVERWRITE anything in your full game so client can use the beta setup

+++

beta-hotfix route for admins and clients who can't use beta installer (please backup replaced files)

A2OA-160-hotfix-06.7z

download : http://www.multiupload.com/95V3HAW8IS

CRC32: 50DF78F2

MD5: 0B4486C097AC9138723A8ECD7135F860

SHA-1: F788CBE561A3275B4D9E1F4B431BF77D6D0F0661

replaced files

ARMA2OA.EXE

ARMA2OASERVER.EXE

ARMA2RFT.EXE.#RFT

DLL\JEMALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\NEDMALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\TBB3MALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\TBB4MALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\TCMALLOC_BI.DLL

EXPANSION\DTA

EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO

EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO.BI.BISIGN

EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO.BI2.BISIGN

Edited by Dwarden

Nice one...

Here is another AI bug/issue I forgotten about that been there since 1.0x...

Problem:

Enemy AI is deaf and have poor detection range when using static search lights.

Solution/improvement:

Below is a config that will improve that aspect by enabling the NVG and disable occludeSoundsWhenIn and obstructSoundsWhenIn when AI is using the search light...

class CfgVehicles {

class StaticSEARCHLight;

class SearchLight: StaticSEARCHLight {

nightVision = 1;

sensitivity = 2;

sensitivityEar = 0.5;

occludeSoundsWhenIn = 1;

obstructSoundsWhenIn = 1;

};

};

Repromission.

Start mission and walk towards the enemy AI using the search light and he will not hear you even if you perform a tap dance 0.1 m behind his back.

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/A2OA_B87816_SearchLight.zip

With above config he will hear you approach from behind and also spot you at longer range due to the NVG parameter is enabled. Thus making sneaky missions harder and a bit more interesting.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27550

/KC

Edited by KeyCat
Added CIT ticket

I really don't see any improvement in heli spotting AI soldiers.

I have a heli (YH-1Y) hovering less than 100 meters from an enemy AI and it does nothing even though the gunner can't miss the AI (not AA).

It will spot the enemy if I reduce the height to 5 meters, but the gunner is so slow to swing the gun the chopper is long gone by then.

Edited by F2k Sel

Since latest Betas, AI in danger mode constantly rolling down on ground but staying at same spot...

msy, if I understand it correctly we need to wait for build 87824 or higher to be released.

BTW, I love those "small" but IMO important AI fixes/tweaks to keep the AI within human envelope, way to go BIS!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

The AI is still crouching and doing almost nothing hostile against each others.

Version: 1.60.87580

Edited by opffever

Tested a bit and noticing my AI firing AT at soldiers instead of vehicles. They do target vehicles, but tried to take out soldiers with AT before the vehicles that were firing like mad at us.

Since latest Betas, AI in danger mode constantly rolling down on ground but staying at same spot...
You sure it's the beta? Sounds like a known ACE issue that was already hotfixed, run Verify and Repair on the ACE preset.

In that case perhaps in the future disable mods before claiming issues :)

Edited by Sickboy

I also saw AI shooting much AT at soldiers. Vehicle AI skills have also changed much. Especially shilkas are very deadly now against ground targets, but thats only a good thing. ;)

Edited by SaOk

You sure it's the beta? Sounds like a known ACE issue that was already hotfixed, run Verify and Repair on the ACE preset.

Ohh i bet your then, i just thought to mention it anyway, before i open a "false" CIT :-)

Why does the AI (AT/heavy AT) still don't attack vehicles (tanks) with clear LOS and audible noise at effective AT weapon range?

Why the AI in one team/group not selecting different armored targets and firing mostly all their missiles on one tank or vehicle?

Why the AI keep on shooting with their rifles on crews (small target) instead of using their AT to stop/destroy vehicles (big target)?

Just try it out and let drive enemy tank groups ~1000m and closer away from guarding/searching/halting AI groups with AT launchers.

Free aiming + shooting at crew/pilot/gunner should be restricted to precise AI marksman and snipers. All other AIs should refrain from shooting at them until there is an explicit order to target and fire at enemy crew/pilot/gunner.

Give AI with sniper and heavy sniper rifles a much larger effective range so they can shoot and kill targets beyond 300-500m.

Some sounds are still bugged and noted in rpt eg machinegun.ogg, FN FAL, voices....

:)

Why does the AI (AT/heavy AT) still don't attack vehicles (tanks) with clear LOS and audible noise at effective AT weapon range?

Why the AI in one team/group not selecting different armored targets and firing mostly all their missiles on one tank or vehicle?

Why the AI keep on shooting with their rifles on crews (small target) instead of using their AT to stop/destroy vehicles (big target)?

Just try it out and let drive enemy tank groups ~1000m and closer away from guarding/searching/halting AI groups with AT launchers.

Free aiming + shooting at crew/pilot/gunner should be restricted to precise AI marksman and snipers. All other AIs should refrain from shooting at them until there is an explicit order to target and fire at enemy crew/pilot/gunner.

Give AI with sniper and heavy sniper rifles a much larger effective range so they can shoot and kill targets beyond 300-500m.

Some sounds are still bugged and noted in rpt eg machinegun.ogg, FN FAL, voices....

:)

Very good points, i smell some good CIT Tickets here ;-)

:evil:

I also saw AI shooting much AT at soldiers. Vehicle AI skills have also changed much. Especially shilkas are very deadly now against ground targets, but thats only a good thing. ;)

I confirm the inappropriate use of AT launchers against even single grunts for the 1.60 patch and the beta before this one - seems worse than than in 1.59 & previous versions, though I invariably load Zipper5's excellent & tiny addon when playing a mission rather than testing something, so hardly a rigorous comparison.

@BIS - why don't you just beg for/buy zp5_at_fix? :smiley-evil:

Seriously, this problem makes missions with vanilla OA sometimes absurdly difficult.

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus

:evil:

I confirm the inappropriate use of AT launchers against even single grunts for the 1.60 patch and the beta before this one - seems worse than than in 1.59 & previous versions, though I invariably load Zipper5's excellent & tiny addon when playing a mission rather than testing something, so hardly a rigorous comparison.

Seriously, this problem makes missions with vanilla OA sometimes absurdly difficult.

BR

Orcinus

Create a ticket and vote; https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-bug

Hello,

since the last few beta versions we have got a lot of entries in the server and client rpt:

2012/01/07, 15:01:41 Server: Object 4:8 not found (message 124)

2012/01/07, 15:01:41 Server: Object 4:9 not found (message 225)

and

Client: Object 2:449 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:452 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:473 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:476 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:475 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:474 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:477 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:478 (type Type_85) not found.

Its in every mission we play, also we have checked our Ace and Cba versions, tested this might be ok, so we think it is an problem due to that beta patches?

greetings donny

Hmm, have a very similar problem. AI are not following any Move or Fallback command while in prone stance. Don't know if its the beta or ACE. Hard to reproduce since it doesn't happen always.

Last time I remember it, it was in the Covert Strike mission on Qom Province when approaching the base in prone position.

I will try to make an reproducable mission.

Anyone observed the same problem?

EDIT: I can confirm this is definitely an ACE problem. Tested some Editor made missions with and without ACE and with several betas and had no problems with betas only.

Edited by Kroky

Using getIn or getIn Nearest waypoint on AI group on/near a vehicle, all turret slots should be filled if enough group members.

Current result:

group will mount: "driver","commander","gunner", then if any more members are available they will mount "cargo", extra turret slots will never be mounted.

if no Cargo is available, for example TUSK, 3 will mount and last will stay outside vehicle, even though loader position "turret" is free.

Using current beta 87816, though i think this has been an issue a long time (pre 1.59)

repro and DH ticket:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27595

Hello,

since the last few beta versions we have got a lot of entries in the server and client rpt:

2012/01/07, 15:01:41 Server: Object 4:8 not found (message 124)

2012/01/07, 15:01:41 Server: Object 4:9 not found (message 225)

and

Client: Object 2:449 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:452 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:473 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:476 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:475 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:474 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:477 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:478 (type Type_85) not found.

I have been seeing this alot aswell, something definatly isnt right. Been trying to source a problem i have with the MSO mission and starting to suspect more and more something is flawed with these beta's.

Hmm, have a very similar problem. AI are not following any Move or Fallback command while in prone stance. Don't know if its the beta or ACE. Hard to reproduce since it doesn't happen always.

Last time I remember it, it was in the Covert Strike mission on Qom Province when approaching the base in prone position.

I will try to make an reproducable mission.

Anyone observed the same problem?

EDIT: I can confirm this is definitely an ACE problem. Tested some Editor made missions with and without ACE and with several betas and had no problems with betas only.

Here you go:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27527#change-122876

For Devs ... any chance of letting us know what the Server: Object X:X not found and Client: Object X:XXX not found is ?

...though I invariably load Zipper5's excellent & tiny addon when playing a mission rather than testing something, so hardly a rigorous comparison.

I'm actually surprised people still use that addon as I have yet to update it for the weapons OA added! Maybe I'll do that now... :cool: