Sign in to follow this  
ericfr

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87756 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[87755] Fixed: Player automatically reveals targets which AI would never see (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27493)

[87746] Fixed: Looking around no longer possible when combat mode changes in vehicle (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/17777)

[87745] New: Cheat Shift+Minus+FPS to allow artificially limit FPS for testing to 40,20,10,5.

[87740] Improved: Targeting and firing always commanded by observer. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2353)

[87706] Improved: AI laser target detection at large distances improved.

[87692] Fixed: Manual guidance not working for a helicopter gunner (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12025, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27418)

remember beta installer DO NOT OVERWRITE anything in your full game so client can use the beta setup

+++

beta-hotfix route for admins and clients who can't use beta installer (please backup replaced files)

A2OA-160-hotfix-05.7z

download : http://www.multiupload.com/8F7R5PFBSI

CRC32: 5CBAB34D

MD5: 6F489E8C2648F88DE94FAF757F1162C3

SHA-1: 86133644DEE2A8C875C250B1ACE625430AE62535

replaced files

ARMA2OA.EXE

ARMA2OASERVER.EXE

ARMA2RFT.EXE.#RFT

DLL\JEMALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\NEDMALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\TBB3MALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\TBB4MALLOC_BI.DLL

DLL\TCMALLOC_BI.DLL

EXPANSION\DTA

EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO

EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO.BI.BISIGN

EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO.BI2.BISIGN

Edited by Dwarden

I strongly advise against testing betas using the hotfix method. The changes in the beta are not tested at all, and are sometimes risky and can break the game. Having a stable version so that you can return to it seems wise to me.

Nice fixes again. :) If the AI team-members would follow the leader better (when moving fast bigger distances e.g. when fleeing from contact), the game would feel almost perfect. ;)

FPS limiter? Nice. Since the stuttering is noticable not mostly due to low FPS (unless it's really low) but due to FPS rate jumps.

But why are there no 50 and 30?

I strongly advise against testing betas using the hotfix method. The changes in the beta are not tested at all, and are sometimes risky and can break the game. Having a stable version so that you can return to it seems wise to me.

Thanks Suma,

I backed up the files of the patch 1.60 (armaoa.exe, armaoaserver.exe, Bin.pbo, bin.pbo.bi.bisign, bin.pbo.bi2.bisign and DLLs.

Can i revert without problems?

FPS limiter? Nice. Since the stuttering is noticable not mostly due to low FPS (unless it's really low) but due to FPS rate jumps.

But why are there no 50 and 30?

The main purpose of the FPS limiter is to allow testing scripts and AI in low fps conditions. We had such cheat available for a long time internally, we release it to public now so that community can test for such issues as well.

If I may ask the question: Is there a way to make the AI take their binocs out and look around? Or is there any situation where this is very likely?

The reason why I ask is, I have been seeing the AI take out their NVG's instead of binocs since a few patches, and have tried to work out a repro, but I cannot get them to use their binocs under "clean-room" conditions. So if there would be any possibility to make it more likely, it would help.

For the record, they even take their NVG's out if they do not have a binocular. Very weird.

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87756 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Can we have HOTFIX file zip, please Dwarden Thanks.

Hotfix would lock you off from a few setrver that consider this beta a cheat simpyl because it fixes things that werre broken since ArmA 2 and were considered limitation to live with...for example TOW vehicles beeign useful now or APC beeign usefull even with effective commander in backseat.

@ Suma

Vehicle proxy bug perfectly fixed.

PS: ARMA 2: OA beta build 87756 is not MP compatible...BattleEye is kicking for unknow version on all servers.

Edited by Beagle

BE should BE already compatible :) in MP and support for this beta build was added

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

i think i wasn't clear enough about the 'hotfix' route, it was and is aimed on server administrators who don't know about what to extract from beta to update theirs servers via 'file replace' method ...

i will rename it to something more clear

That is the BI i know...never stop working!Nice guy first 2012 beta!;)

i have added the BETA-HOTFIX archive for overwrite approach but be strongly advised to use it ONLY if you need

(primary aim are server admins who can't get files off the normal beta installer)

I dont know if its the beta patch doing it but right after i installed it noticed that there was a lot of flickering and every thing turns blury for like 1 min than goes back to normal

Nice fixes again. :) If the AI team-members would follow the leader better (when moving fast bigger distances e.g. when fleeing from contact), the game would feel almost perfect. ;)

I very strongly agree. :) AI drivers need to keep up with human leaders better, and not get lost as much, at least when there is no combat around! Such issues effect gameplay big time, and have been mentioned many times in A2 reviews.

Edited by OMAC

I got kicked from a server from incompatibility version with this beta! then i replaced with the one before and worked fine!

Sorry for entering like this but:

1) Can a Linux server admin use these hotfix in any way (e.g. manual installation of some sort?)

2) Judging by what is fixed/addressed in every beta after the v1.60 release, these seem to be pretty serious issues in the game OR introduced in v1.60 patching: are these going to be part of a v1.61 patch or should we stay up to date with these betas?

I am sorry but I am kinda puzzled by the fact that in the past betas were a way to introduce new features / experiment / test features before making them official and sometimes they had workarounds for problems...but lately, since v1.60 was released, the changelogs look (to me) massively fixing crucial aspects of the gameplay..some of these things made me go: "what?! *THAT THING* was broken!?""

Thanks,

no i'm sorry Linux server needs to be compiled separately, will see if and when next one will be (ideally after some more bugs are ironed in the windows beta)

ofcourse some new regressions may happen but we fixing them fast ... the primary advantage of these betas (next to improvements and normal fixes) are stability fixes

but that's sort of 'relative' due to new bugs ... yet most of admins will confirm the betas run stabler most of time and cases :)

I dont know if its the beta patch doing it but right after i installed it noticed that there was a lot of flickering and every thing turns blury for like 1 min than goes back to normal

yeah me to, with NV it's even worse with lighting on the ground flickering etc

Cant join MP-Server's

Server & Client Version 1.60.87757

"unknown game version"

greetings

Yeah same here....Can connect and pick mission, but get a battlEye kick with the "Unknown game version" message.

no i'm sorry Linux server needs to be compiled separately, will see if and when next one will be (ideally after some more bugs are ironed in the windows beta)

ofcourse some new regressions may happen but we fixing them fast ... the primary advantage of these betas (next to improvements and normal fixes) are stability fixes

but that's sort of 'relative' due to new bugs ... yet most of admins will confirm the betas run stabler most of time and cases :)

Thanks Dwarden, very helpful. I understand now.

I was having BE issues as well but about half hour ago, BE was updated to version 1.128 and now everything is working fine on my server.

Same outcome on our PR server with 1.60 only.