Sign in to follow this  
domcho

Hold the line

Hi guys. I made a mission called "Hold the line." It's a simple mission where you have to drive to Le Moule at night and hold the village against enemy attacks. I created it on CJE's winter version of Everon. You will need the following addons:

CJE island pack - http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/CJE_Island_Pack;43167

Winter Nogojev (so you can play with arctic units) - http://nakedsquid.com/downloads/lolofpaddons/WinterNogojev1.1Addon.exe

The mission is not hard, make sure you check the whole village because you need to kill all the attackers in order to complete the mission. Sometimes they hide in the forest and then sneak to the village. Also when you reach Le Moule you can use 0-0-1 and then click on the map to launch a green flare to illuminate the area. Special thanks to Aldo15 for helping me make this flare script :) I hope you enjoy the mission. I also added a soviet theme music from another game. :rolleyes:

Mission download link - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J5B6YQX0

Pretty nice little mission.

First of all cut the music short, its very distracting and makes the whole situation more chaotic then it needs to be.

Secondly I don't know about everyone else but there seems to be a couple of bugs with the island, but that can't be helped.

There where a few moments when I thought I broke the mission and then suddenly two m113's come storming in, lucky I picked up an rpg.

Again I thought I had broken the mission until I was set upon from two different directions by Americans flanking us through the woods.

All in all I enjoyed it was quite a short, easy mission with nothing spectacular going on but well made and solid none the less oh and I liked fighting in the eerie green glow of the flare's.

So I give it a 7 out of 10 :D

Pretty nice little mission.

First of all cut the music short, its very distracting and makes the whole situation more chaotic then it needs to be.

Secondly I don't know about everyone else but there seems to be a couple of bugs with the island, but that can't be helped.

There where a few moments when I thought I broke the mission and then suddenly two m113's come storming in, lucky I picked up an rpg.

Again I thought I had broken the mission until I was set upon from two different directions by Americans flanking us through the woods.

All in all I enjoyed it was quite a short, easy mission with nothing spectacular going on but well made and solid none the less oh and I liked fighting in the eerie green glow of the flare's.

So I give it a 7 out of 10 :D

Thanks for the feedback. This is my first mission I've ever submitted. :p I know it's easy. I have this weakness of always making easy missions but when making them I always like to make everything like perfect. Especially when it comes to "decoration" you will never see me putting objects like ammo crates or tents in each other. I mean for example putting a truck next to a tent but to put it so close that the truck is inside the tent and looks stupid and unrealistic. I have a friend who is not so good with the mission editor so I put the hard trigger stuff in his missions. But his weakness is always making missions impossible and long and putting decorations badly. Like a half of a tent is inside a building... lol. Once again thank you for playing my mission. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ah yeah I noticed the object placement was spot on, thats something you and me have in common can't stand stuff looking out of place XD.

Ah yeah I noticed the object placement was spot on, thats something you and me have in common can't stand stuff looking out of place XD.

Yeah it drives me crazy. I forgot how to use the set pos in game thing with fwatch and it also doesn't work gives me some errors, so I have to place and click preview, then move, preview, and again and again :o

Whatever. I still manage. :D

goddammit, i cannot download from this link, always megaupload home page .

Yeah it drives me crazy. I forgot how to use the set pos in game thing with fwatch and it also doesn't work gives me some errors, so I have to place and click preview, then move, preview, and again and again

That's what we all have had to do in the past. I used to get tired of missions before I could ever finish them :). I did recently figure out how to make set-in-game-position work, and it's really not that hard. My biggest mistake is I used the normal Fwatch 1.0d instead of Faguss's version 1.11.

#1 Make sure to intstall Fwatch 1.11 to your OFP directory

This means:

OperationFlashpoint\fwatch.exe

OperationFlashpoint\fwatch (folder)

OperationFlashpoint\addons\fwatch.pbo

#2 Copy the folder the set Set-Pos-In-Game folder to your OFP directory.

OperationFlashpoint\Set-Pos-In-Game

#3 Make a shortcut to fwatch.exe and include -mod=(folder where you have all of the addons that Faguss has in his database (ags, fml, mapfact, editorupdate...etc.)

**This should get his demos to work**

#4 When you create a mission copy the "Set-Pos-In-Game" folder to your mission folder then create a "Description.ext" file and add this line to it:

#include "Set-Pos-In-Game\Dialogs.hpp"

#5 Refer to Faguss's readme for saving instructions. When you save your object positions they are saved to a file in the "OperationFlashpoint\fwatch\mdb" folder. Faguss has 2 conversion programs you need "spigConvert.exe" and "spig2sqm.exe".

You need to put a copy of "spigConvert.exe" into "OperationFlashpoint\fwatch\mdb" folder and "spig2sqm.exe" into your mission folder. Then after you save your object positions you need to drag and drop the SPIG save file onto "spigConvert.exe", then it makes a converted file. Copy that converted file into your mission folder and drag and drop it on to "spig2sqm.exe". This is supposed to update your mission.sqm file with your object psoitons.

I really haven't got that far with it, but that's what I seem to get from the readme file.

Hope this hepls. :pray:

Edited by Zulu1

That's what we all have had to do in the past. I used to get tired of missions before I could ever finish them :). I did recently figure out how to make set-in-game-position work, and it's really not that hard. My biggest mistake is I used the normal Fwatch 1.0d instead of Faguss's version 1.11.

#1 Make sure to intstall Fwatch 1.11 to your OFP directory

This means:

OperationFlashpoint\fwatch.exe

OperationFlashpoint\fwatch (folder)

OperationFlashpoint\addons\fwatch.pbo

#2 Copy the folder the set Set-Pos-In-Game folder to your OFP directory.

OperationFlashpoint\Set-Pos-In-Game

#3 Make a shortcut to fwatch.exe and include -mod=(folder where you have all of the addons that Faguss has in his database (ags, fml, mapfact, editorupdate...etc.)

**This should get his demos to work**

#4 When you create a mission copy the "Set-Pos-In-Game" folder to your mission folder then create a "Description.ext" file and add this line to it:

#include "Set-Pos-In-Game\Dialogs.hpp"

#5 Refer to Faguss's readme for saving instructions. When you save your object positions they are saved to a file in the "OperationFlashpoint\fwatch\mdb" folder. Faguss has 2 conversion programs you need "spigConvert.exe" and "spig2sqm.exe".

You need to put a copy of "spigConvert.exe" into "OperationFlashpoint\fwatch\mdb" folder and "spig2sqm.exe" into your mission folder. Then after you save your object positions you need to drag and drop the SPIG save file onto "spigConvert.exe", then it makes a converted file. Copy that converted file into your mission folder and drag and drop it on to "spig2sqm.exe". This is supposed to update your mission.sqm file with your object psoitons.

I really haven't got that far with it, but that's what I seem to get from the readme file.

Hope this hepls. :pray:

Thank you Zulu!!!!! :)

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

goddammit, i cannot download from this link, always megaupload home page .

I uploaded the mission on mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ia4e2fs15djda5d

I used the normal Fwatch 1.0d instead of Faguss's version 1.1

SPIG works both with 1.0 and 1.1.

As for installation part you can use installer instead of copying files manually.

you need "spigConvert.exe" and "spig2sqm.exe".

No, just one program. First one makes saves readable by game (for scripting). The second one adds data to sqm.