Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

Question for Hon0 re flight settings...

Hi Hon0...

I have been watching with interest your excellent videos using the Arma2 island etc... i am curious about your flying though.... you seem to have the settings just right in that you can speed up without losing control, slowdown on a dime, no oscillating anywhere, no pendulum swinging...

What are your control settings to do this as it looks so real!

Currently my settings are on expert with controllers set for zero null zone and full sensitivity....

Whats your secret or am i just a useless pilot! LOL! :D

Cheers my friend!

Doug

Hey ! Here is a post where I show my setup.

I'm flying with the Community Update n°3 with these setting for controller.

</FCSComponent>

<FCSComponent type="FCSRotationDamper">
     <YawController P="0.2" D="0"/>
     <PitchController P="0.2" D="0"/>
     <RollController P="0.2" D="0.00"/>
   </FCSComponent>

If I understood well it "kill" the autotrim,.. that I don't use :rolleyes: but give a faster response to the input :cool:

In game, all my curve a set to default except throttle's one witch have 0% deadzone.

For my cyclic stick I can change my sensitivity "on the fly" with T.A.R.G.E.T

So I never trim my chopper.. Don't know if it's good but I can fly well, straight and comfortable with that "tips".

Lot's of people ask me how are my setting but.. I can't tell you how to fix your setup. I think the best way to do it is to practice Hover again and again. Fixing your sensitivity and deadzone to make it better and better and easyer :yay:

I urge you to invest in a rudder if you do not already have one. You can find inexpensive system that work very well. Much better than Z stick axe that kill you precision..

Hi Hon0 thanks for taking the time to reply - appreciated

I have tried the settings above and edited the CU3 mod .XML to the factors you have listed there above.... adjusted the curves and dead zones... still cant get it though... nowhere near as good as you!

I do have pedals... Saitek combat pedals and work fine... CH FLightstick...

Assume you fly on expert mode? I will fiddle with some more settings to see what i am doing wrong...

Thanks again matey!

Doug

Assume you fly on expert mode?

Sure I do.. :bounce3:

What exactly is wrong in your fly?

Well... i seem to oscillate a fair bit and no matter what i do i cant seem to stop on a dime like your video when following the car.... either up or down!

I do use my pedals to counter any torque until flying forward so that's OK but slowing down and controlling height (always seem to gain altitude when coming in to land)when descending is an issue... like you say probably practice is what is needed!

I am not a newbie simmer having flown FSX for many years etc. i think i need ot get used to what i should expect form the flight model and keep adjusting my sensitivities and settings eh!

Is your game patched? The 1.03 fix a lot's of things! Ground effect is much better now :)

May be that's your problem.. It's much easyer for me to practice a close to ground hover with this patch.

Well... i seem to oscillate a fair bit and no matter what i do i cant seem to stop on a dime like your video when following the car.... either up or down!

I do use my pedals to counter any torque until flying forward so that's OK but slowing down and controlling height (always seem to gain altitude when coming in to land)when descending is an issue... like you say probably practice is what is needed!

I am not a newbie simmer having flown FSX for many years etc. i think i need ot get used to what i should expect form the flight model and keep adjusting my sensitivities and settings eh!

I have exactly the same problem. I spent countless hours trying everything from community FM patches, tweaking controller sensitivity and lots of practicing (I have over 10 years of experience with flight sims).

IMHO the biggest problem is some kind of input lag which tends to lead to oscillations. Tweaking the FCSRotationDamper values didn't help at all in my case. In fact setting it to 0 made the oscillations even worse as the helo became a lot more "twitchy"...

I have the feeling this might be a graphics SW/HW related problem as some people seem affected more than others... Curiously, what card do you guys have? I'm on a AMD Radeon HD 6870 here...

Hello.

Here is my poor setup.. Waiting for Arma III to make a new one :bounce3:

Well it's may be ridiculous but before having my T16000m I had this one.

It's day and night if we compare the precision. I could not do what I do today with my chopper using the Cyborg. Not enought input value on all Axe.

T16000m is my cheapest solution for extreme precision.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/heart-hall-effect-accurate-technology-unique-3d-technological-innovation-built-new-thrustmaste

Edited by hon0