Sign in to follow this  
neokika

Support Radio

supportradio.jpg

Name: Support Radio

Developer: _neo_

Version: 1.00

Credits: Deto for the logo image, Osmo, Mr Ben, Outlander, Igmmig and all other Tour members for the great ideas, suggestions, feedback and testing

Videos:

Download: Support Radio - Example Mission - Armaholic Mirror

Description

• Support Radio is a interface that will help you control Artificial Intelligent units for support such as Transport (Air Taxi), Close Air Support and Artillery. Only units with an itemRadio and itemGps can access the Support Radio.

Transport:

• Move - Make unit move to location and wait for further orders
  • Land - Make unit land at given location, if LZ is not safe enough, unit will find a near but safe LZ
  • Land (Eng Off) - Same as Land Task but unit will shutdown the engine
  • Circle - Make unit go to location and circle the area giving overwatch
  • Pickup - Make unit go to LZ, the unit will wait for visual on friendly smoke and will ask if it is correct smoke, player needs to use interface to confirm the smoke or that is wrong smoke
  • When inside a Transport unit you can talk with the pilot, where youll be able to control that vehicle only

Close Air Support:

• SAD - Seek and destroy enemy targets and unit will also engage all laser marked targets
  • Support for both planes and choppers

Artillery:

• There are two types of Artillery batteries, static and non-static
  • If the battery is non-static it will be able to move around the map to get in range of target, it will wait for player interaction before doing so
  • When near a artillery unit you can talk with the crew, where youll be able to control that artillery group only

Installation:

• Readme (Included in download links)

- Latest Version

• v1.00

- Changelog

• First Public Release

- Complete Changelog

_neo_

Edited by neokika

Wow awesome.

Can you make this to an Clientside addon, is this possible?

Btw your test mission doesnt work for me, if I try to select "Support Radio" it disappear.

I use ACE, diffrent replacments, soundmods and latest arma stable patch(1.60).

Fixed, I just edited this part

_this == _target

&&

//_this hasWeapon ""itemRadio""

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemGps""

Edited by Lt_Ryan

Yes an addon version of this would be very welcome!

This would replace and even enhance some of the missing GL4 features.

So question, If my CAS support has become combat ineffective ( aka shot down ) do they ever respawn?

Question?? Would it be possible to call the Support Radio from a units init instead... ? If so, how?

Hey in the readme it says "Copy the folder "scripts" to your mission root folder". Am I missing something incredibly obvious or is there no "scripts" folder included in the download? Do I have to make the scripts folder, and if so what do I place in it?

Question, in case of ACE2, would it be possible to use vector and DAGR to indicate coordinate for arty?

Hey in the readme it says "Copy the folder "scripts" to your mission root folder". Am I missing something incredibly obvious or is there no "scripts" folder included in the download? Do I have to make the scripts folder, and if so what do I place in it?

download sample mission and see how its done there :)

another question, how can i add a parameter for a limited number of fire mission?

A fire mission every 5 minutes or 3 fire mission per party for example

Using your Sample Mission, why does my unit take damage every time I open the Support Action Menu? If I open it 3 times I am dead?

Am I doing something wrong?

Update, ok it appears to be an AddOn conflict, running only CO and CBA it works fine, now the long process of finding out which one.

Edited by vengeance1

Fantastic set of scripts, been playing around with it over the last few hours.

Need a bit of clarification; It seems that only the player is able to call support, and not team switched/playable units even if they actually have a gps and radio, Was this by design?

Also what's the multiplayer workability?

E

Wonderful, good work, just a question how I can use it with other units I tried using a Marine, I have equipped with radio and GPS and does not work, only if I use the same radio that has the original soldier's mission example.Thanks

Nice work! How do these scripts work in a dedicated server environment?

Hi all,

Wow awesome.

Can you make this to an Clientside addon, is this possible?

Currently I have no plans to make it into an addon.

Although, it could not be client side only, and all clients and server would still need the addon.

So question, If my CAS support has become combat ineffective ( aka shot down ) do they ever respawn?

Negative, they do not respawn unless you tell them too, check the last part of the readme, you'll find a set of functions:

(Check readme for better reading)

//Add support

[

WEST,

"TRANSPORT",

[

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00",

"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",

"Eagle-One",

["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"],

{}

]

] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportAdd;

//Remove Support

[

WEST,

"TRANSPORT",

"Eagle-One"

] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportRemove;

You are correct, the folder target should look like this:

Mission/scripts/NEO_radio\

another question, how can i add a parameter for a limited number of fire mission?

A fire mission every 5 minutes or 3 fire mission per party for example

Hi, not sure if I understand your question, can you elaborate a bit?

Fantastic set of scripts, been playing around with it over the last few hours.

Need a bit of clarification; It seems that only the player is able to call support, and not team switched/playable units even if they actually have a gps and radio, Was this by design?

E

You'll need to manually add the actions to the guys in your team:

_unit addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray");

Wonderful, good work, just a question how I can use it with other units I tried using a Marine, I have equipped with radio and GPS and does not work, only if I use the same radio that has the original soldier's mission example.Thanks

As long has the units have ItemGps and ItemRadio it should work with any type of unit.

NTRUDER;2082719']Nice work! How do these scripts work in a dedicated server environment?
Also what's the multiplayer workability?

The Radio Support has been design with Multiplayer in mind, so it should work in any eviroment (SP, MP (Hosted & Dedicated)).

Thanks,

_neo_

Not work for me, only player can use suport radio the other units, (with gps and radio) can't use it, I testing the sample mission.

And the chooper is very slow, is possible make it move to fast?

Edited by Ironwood

That's really a pity that it remains scripts suite only..

With an additional addon version it could enhance all missions, not only the ones which are designed with these scripts. This functions should have been implemeted by default in the game.

Maybe you would make at least a SP only addon version?

With an additional addon version it could enhance all missions, not only the ones which are designed with these scripts.

How so?

The mission creator needs to place named markers on the map and define what to spawn on them in the init.sqf for the mission.

What you're asking for, essentially, is something totally different from what neokika has done a fine job creating here.

Thanks neokika!

You'll need to manually add the actions to the guys in your team:

Spoiler:

_unit addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray");

The Unit init field is rejecting this syntax. Any suggestions or advice?

[quote name=neokika;2082743

Negative' date=' they do not respawn unless you tell them too, check the last part of the readme, you'll find a set of functions:

//Add support

[

WEST,

"TRANSPORT",

[

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00",

"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",

"Eagle-One",

["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"],

{}

]

] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportAdd;

//Remove Support

[

WEST,

"TRANSPORT",

"Eagle-One"

] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportRemove;

_neo_

Well thank you for the reply Neo. By Reading this code I can see how this function would respawn a specific support unit, but I dont know how to go about adding it/executing that command, any pointers :)?

Great script! One question though, how hard would it be to make it so that the interface is activated by pressing radio buttons (ie 0,0,2) instead of the current setup?