Sign in to follow this  
neokika

Support Radio

How can I do spawn the chopper in LHD?. Can I do it?

Hey,

Instead of say,

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00", 

Do it with a 3D position like this instead:

[X, Y, Z], 

Where Z is the spawn height.

i switched the arty's to PRACS arty pieces (105mm and the 155mm and the MLRS) but when i try a fire mission the unit is availible but i can not select a fire mission nor can a set a target area etc. (the radio says unit is availible) any idea how i can fix that (ps the units do spawn on the field )

Still nothing on this ?

Any thoughts also on how to make the scripts pick up on certain newly spawned vehicles. For instance if an MLRS is spawned the scripts are able to 'know' about it, and add it into the artillery array (for calling later)

Would love to help you test anything out.

Hey,

Still nothing on this ?

This may be possible, can you check both (fn_artyUnitFiringDistance.sqf) and (fn_artyUnitAvailableRounds.sqf) at (NEO_radio\functions\misc\) and add the Class names in there?

Any thoughts also on how to make the scripts pick up on certain newly spawned vehicles. For instance if an MLRS is spawned the scripts are able to 'know' about it, and add it into the artillery array (for calling later)

Would love to help you test anything out.

Not with already created units, although you can use 2 built in functions to create and remove supports on the fly.

[
WEST,
"TRANSPORT",
[
getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00", 								//Spawn position
270, 																//Spawn direction
"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",													//Class Name of Helicopter
"Eagle-One", 														//Unit Callsign
["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 			//Unit available tasks				
{}																	//Code to execute, you can access in _this variable [_chopper, _grp, _crew]
]
] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportAdd;

_neo_

Thanks for that, but my head hurts when I try to code :)

At the start of the mission I don't want anything created (no markers, no vehicles), then I choose to spawn a Merlin (through VTS or MCC or Battlezone). I want to be able to place it anywhere on the map (not on that markerpos) and any direction. Is it possible that the script can then identify that a Merlin has been made, give it a callsign, and actions that it can do (already listed somewhere)?

Sorry if I'm asking the blindingly obvious.

guys this looks great i just downloaded it and it works really well you did a great job on this

but is there any way to make the actions require a radio backpack ??

also how do i integrate it with MSO ??

Edited by short_German

guys this looks great i just downloaded it and it works really well you did a great job on this

but is there any way to make the actions require a radio backpack ??

also how do i integrate it with MSO ??

It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

find these lines in the init.sqf:

_this == _target

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemradio""

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemGps""

and make it look like this to support all ACE radio packs:

_this == _target

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemradio""

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemGps""

&&

(

_this hasweapon ""ACE_PRC119""

||

_this hasweapon ""ACE_PRC119_MAR""

||

_this hasweapon ""ACE_PRC119_ACU""

)

It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

find these lines in the init.sqf:

and make it look like this to support all ACE radio packs:

thanks for the help chibi-alien

one more thing how do i integrate it into MSO without screwing everything up and where can i find a class list of all helicopters ??

i keep on trying but all that happens is that i get the game to crash when trying to load the mission im not to good with scripting

Edited by short_German

I have been trying to get all support to respawn after it has been destroyed or killed etc but with no luck. I have looked through this thread and have tried to do the functions but i get script errors when I put it in the init file. Could we have a bit more information about this and even an example. Many thanks....

Just follow everything that is in the example mission.

I would still LOVE to be able for the scripts to pick up vehicles (CAS, arty and transport helos) that have been created AFTER the mission start. What would be required is for the script to run every 20-30 secs and scan all friendly vehicles (and add a temporary name to them) and then add them into the support radio addaction.

Is it also possible to have an option to autoreload them after a certain time ? Also to be able to increase the delay between a firemission and then a new firemission - how can I do that (otherwise it can be spammed).

if i try to integrate the example mission into one of the mso example missions it never works the helos don't spawn and i don't get the support radio option

im a bit lost here lads

Will PM you with my mission later on today short_German and you can see how it works.

OK so I have been able to put Support Radio into my mission now. Actually I have only used the artillery as that can be spawned from markers at the beginning of the mission. I have two questions ...

MAJOR IMPORTANCE - Would it be possible neokika to look into making a sample mission where freshly spawned helos/aircraft/artillery are 'included' into the Support Radio (at random places - NOT using markers and NOT putting the init onto them at the start)? I suppose they will need randomly assigned names (from a array of names 'Freak', 'Fatman' etc) This will help with me being able to use Support Radio to it's fullest extent!

MINOR IMPORTANCE - Is it possible to have the artillery respawn if killed (after a certain amount of time - using the marker system). Of course IF the above point gets sorted then there is no need for this - I can just make a new arty piece.

There is a HUGE amount of scope for these scripts (and a huge amount of work has obviously gone into them!) so thankyou so much neokika.

Hey,

Instead of say,

Do it with a 3D position like this instead:

[X, Y, Z], 

Where Z is the spawn height.

Neokika,

How would I change this?

getpos [x,y,z], ??? Does not seem to work, I am trying to spawn vehicle on deck of Carrier.

Any way to make a reload time between two fire missions?

i tried everything but i dont know how to tell them to respawn ...

what is wrong what do i have to change? :( pls help me :D

thats my current init

[
NEO_coreLogic,															//GAME LOGIC (CAN BE FUNCTIONS MODULE)
[
	WEST,																//WEST SIDE SUPPORTS
	[																	//TRANSPORT ARRAY MUST COME FIRST, EMPTY ARRAY IF NO TRANSPORT UNIT TO BE ADDED TO SIDE
		[																//Transport Unit 1
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00", 						//Spawn position
			270, 														//Spawn direction
			"UH1Y",											//Class Name of Helicopter
			"Eagle-One", 												//Unit Callsign
			["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 	//Unit available tasks
			{}															//Code to execute, you can access in _this variable [_chopper, _grp, _crew]
		],
		[																//Transport Unit 2
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_01", 						//Spawn position
			"Eagle-Two", 												//Unit Callsign
			["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 										//Unit available tasks
			{}															//Code to execute, you can access in _this variable [_chopper, _grp, _crew]
		],
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_02", 						//Spawn position
			"Eagle-Three", 												//Unit Callsign
			["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 										//Unit available tasks
		],
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_03", 						//Spawn position
			"Eagle-Four", 												//Unit Callsign
		]
	],
	[																	//CAS ARRAY MUST COME IN SECOND, USE EMPTY ARRAY IF NO CAS UNITS SHOULD BE ADDED TO SIDE
		[																//CAS Unit 1
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_00", 								//Spawn position
			270,														//Spawn direction
			"AH64D",													//Class Name of Aircraft (Plane or Chopper)
			"Falcon-One",												//Unit Callsign
			0,															//Airport ID - ONLY needed for Planes, if chopper can be any number
			{}															//Code to execute, you can access in _this variable [_aircraft, _grp, _crew]
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_01", 								//Spawn position
			270,														//Spawn direction
			"AH64D",													//Class Name of Aircraft (Plane or Chopper)
			"Falcon-Two",												//Unit Callsign
			0,															//Airport ID - ONLY needed for Planes, if chopper can be any number
			{}
		]
	]
]
] execVM "scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf";

==========================
//Functions
==========================
//Add support
[
WEST,
"TRANSPORT",
[
getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00", 								//Spawn position
270, 																//Spawn direction
"UH1Y",													//Class Name of Helicopter
"Eagle-One", 														//Unit Callsign
["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 			//Unit available tasks				
{}																	//Code to execute, you can access in _this variable [_chopper, _grp, _crew]
]
] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportAdd;

//Remove Support
[
WEST,
"TRANSPORT",
"Eagle-One"
] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportRemove;

Neo, I just discovered your Support Radio, I have to say its the best damn script I've ever used in the ARMA series, Thank you so much for it. I have a question. Using it for missions inserting into Chernarus, No friendly airfield. How would I spawn one of the CAS aircraft in Flight ? Rather than having it have to use a Runway. ?

Thanks mate

Nick

Edit, Tried the X,Y,Z co-ord placement, the X and Y co-ords work fine but the height dosnt. The Chopper always spawns at ground level. So as Vengance says you couldnt spawn on a LHD/LPD or ship for example. The chopper always spawn underneath. I tried altering the height of the marker in the mission.sqm but that didnt seem to work either.

Like I said amazing scripts, naturally we all want to fiddle with them :0)

Edited by nickmow
more questions !

Help me..

Hey guys,

I have sit down to figure this out, but i can't get it to work :confused: I have used about 6 hours on it, i really want it to work, so my question is could one of you help with a simple install guide?

I just need to know where to put stuff, and i have the game on steam.

I would love to get back an answer, because i can see that many of you, already enjoys this mod :)

Kind Regards

Martin

Denmark

Neo, I just discovered your Support Radio, I have to say its the best damn script I've ever used in the ARMA series, Thank you so much for it. I have a question. Using it for missions inserting into Chernarus, No friendly airfield. How would I spawn one of the CAS aircraft in Flight ? Rather than having it have to use a Runway. ?

Thanks mate

Nick

Edit, Tried the X,Y,Z co-ord placement, the X and Y co-ords work fine but the height dosnt. The Chopper always spawns at ground level. So as Vengance says you couldnt spawn on a LHD/LPD or ship for example. The chopper always spawn underneath. I tried altering the height of the marker in the mission.sqm but that didnt seem to work either.

Like I said amazing scripts, naturally we all want to fiddle with them :0)

Hi and thanks nickmow,

Yes, currently it is not possible to spawn the aircraft on the air, although I have plans to add such functionality in the future, same for the LHD spawn.

Help me..

Hey guys,

I have sit down to figure this out, but i can't get it to work :confused: I have used about 6 hours on it, i really want it to work, so my question is could one of you help with a simple install guide?

I just need to know where to put stuff, and i have the game on steam.

I would love to get back an answer, because i can see that many of you, already enjoys this mod :)

Kind Regards

Martin

Denmark

Hi Martin,

Keep in mind that these set of scripts are not an addon/mod, but rather something you implement in a mission.

If you follow the instructions on the first post and still you are not able to make it work, post here and I'll try to help you a little better.

_neo_

I followed the steps as good as i could.. didnt work so im doing something wrong..

Okay now i only have one mission downloaded so what do i do now? it is "a hard day in tarkistan"

I took the mission out of its folder, and put it in here.. steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 oa\missions then what?