Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Radio

Author of the Thread
    Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by supergruntsb78 View Post
    Still nothing on this ?
    This may be possible, can you check both (fn_artyUnitFiringDistance.sqf) and (fn_artyUnitAvailableRounds.sqf) at (NEO_radio\functions\misc\) and add the Class names in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kremator View Post
    Any thoughts also on how to make the scripts pick up on certain newly spawned vehicles. For instance if an MLRS is spawned the scripts are able to 'know' about it, and add it into the artillery array (for calling later)

Would love to help you test anything out.
    Not with already created units, although you can use 2 built in functions to create and remove supports on the fly.

Code:
    [
    WEST,
    "TRANSPORT",
    [
    	getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00", 								//Spawn position
    	270, 																//Spawn direction
    	"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",													//Class Name of Helicopter
    	"Eagle-One", 														//Unit Callsign
    	["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 			//Unit available tasks				
    	{}																	//Code to execute, you can access in _this variable [_chopper, _grp, _crew]
    ]
    ] call NEO_fnc_radioSupportAdd;
    _neo_
    Proud community admin/member of The Tour of Teamrespawn

Thanks for that, but my head hurts when I try to code

At the start of the mission I don't want anything created (no markers, no vehicles), then I choose to spawn a Merlin (through VTS or MCC or Battlezone). I want to be able to place it anywhere on the map (not on that markerpos) and any direction. Is it possible that the script can then identify that a Merlin has been made, give it a callsign, and actions that it can do (already listed somewhere)?

Sorry if I'm asking the blindingly obvious.

guys this looks great i just downloaded it and it works really well you did a great job on this

but is there any way to make the actions require a radio backpack ??

also how do i integrate it with MSO ??
    Last edited by short_German; May 6 2012 at 21:34.

Quote Originally Posted by short_German View Post
    guys this looks great i just downloaded it and it works really well you did a great job on this

but is there any way to make the actions require a radio backpack ??

also how do i integrate it with MSO ??
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

find these lines in the init.sqf:
    _this == _target
    &&
    _this hasWeapon ""itemradio""
    &&
    _this hasWeapon ""itemGps""
    and make it look like this to support all ACE radio packs:
    _this == _target
    &&
    _this hasWeapon ""itemradio""
    &&
    _this hasWeapon ""itemGps""
    &&
    (
    _this hasweapon ""ACE_PRC119""
    ||
    _this hasweapon ""ACE_PRC119_MAR""
    ||
    _this hasweapon ""ACE_PRC119_ACU""
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Alien View Post
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

find these lines in the init.sqf:

and make it look like this to support all ACE radio packs:
    thanks for the help chibi-alien

one more thing how do i integrate it into MSO without screwing everything up and where can i find a class list of all helicopters ??
    i keep on trying but all that happens is that i get the game to crash when trying to load the mission im not to good with scripting
    Last edited by short_German; May 7 2012 at 09:26.

I have been trying to get all support to respawn after it has been destroyed or killed etc but with no luck. I have looked through this thread and have tried to do the functions but i get script errors when I put it in the init file. Could we have a bit more information about this and even an example. Many thanks....

Just follow everything that is in the example mission.

I would still LOVE to be able for the scripts to pick up vehicles (CAS, arty and transport helos) that have been created AFTER the mission start. What would be required is for the script to run every 20-30 secs and scan all friendly vehicles (and add a temporary name to them) and then add them into the support radio addaction.

Is it also possible to have an option to autoreload them after a certain time ? Also to be able to increase the delay between a firemission and then a new firemission - how can I do that (otherwise it can be spammed).

if i try to integrate the example mission into one of the mso example missions it never works the helos don't spawn and i don't get the support radio option
    im a bit lost here lads

Will PM you with my mission later on today short_German and you can see how it works.

thx kremator

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast