Sign in to follow this  
ChopperSpirit

Sling load missions

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum for some solution to the following:

when i play a sling load mission i can pick up the cargo but can't release it. Rope interaction button doesn't do anything.

By mistake i noticed that unloading only works when i get out of the chopper and board it as gunner.

Is that the way it should be?

Am I the only one who faced this effect?

Greets and a happy new year

ChopperSpirit

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum for some solution to the following:

when i play a sling load mission i can pick up the cargo but can't release it. Rope interaction button doesn't do anything.

By mistake i noticed that unloading only works when i get out of the chopper and board it as gunner.

Is that the way it should be?

Am I the only one who faced this effect?

Greets and a happy new year

ChopperSpirit

Nope, detaching works just like attaching: hover over the release point, set the cargo down and get a little lower. When you're low enough the rope will detach indicated by a hint top right. That's it.

Have fun.

Thank you guess who,

that is the way i expected it. But that only works when i get in the co pilots place and take over control. At least in the challenges missions. I tried it several time by now and can confirm that it is working only when i am using the co pilot's seat.

Could it be the mission is bugged since the patch? I mean as it seems it is only me who is facing this.

Greets ChopperSpirit

You should not have to get in as copilot and take over controls. We'll have a look to see if it happens to us as well.

You should not have to get in as copilot and take over controls. We'll have a look to see if it happens to us as well.

Thanks a lot DnA.

For your information: I just tested it a minute ago and watched very closely. Following happened in detail:

- I started a sling load challenge mission

- I started in Pilot's position and was able to pick up the sling load

- On destination I put down the cargo and hovered. <--- nothing happened

- I landed next to the cargo box. <--- nothing happened

- I disembarked the helicopter with running engines (don't think the running engines have anything to do with it just wanted to be detailed)

- I got into the chopper in copilot's seat and before i could take over the controll unleashing cargo started.

- I then disembarked again before unleashing was completed and got into pilot position again <--- nothing happened

- Once again got into copilots position and unleashing began again. <--- cargo successfully delivered.

Furthermore i noticed that when i fly the chopper from copilot's position the attaching of the sling load begins already when i am far away (<100m). And if I stay that far the load bounces to the chopper as if it was attached with a bungee rope :bounce3:

The weird thing is that it's just me who is facing this effect :confused:

Once again, thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards ChopperSpirit

Ps.: Forgot to mention... the training missions about sling loads work just fine. But i think the cargo is not really detached in those is it? As far as i remember task in the training is just to put it on the ground?

Edited by ChopperSpirit

Hi again,

I uploaded a

for a detailed explaination of my problem. Mabby it helps finding a solution.

Kind regards ChopperSpirit

Edited by ChopperSpirit

"Nice" bug you found there :)

Detaching when you're in pilots seat is possible but you have to put CARGO in perferct place/point (marked on the map) not just on destination house's roof. Missing the target sth like couple of meters and it wont detach. GPS (Ctrl+G) should help you do that.

"Nice" bug you found there :)

Detaching when you're in pilots seat is possible but you have to put CARGO in perferct place/point (marked on the map) not just on destination house's roof. Missing the target sth like couple of meters and it wont detach. GPS (Ctrl+G) should help you do that.

Rgr that. I'll try that next time.

But still, why does the cargo detach when i switch positions? And why does it attach that early?

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards Chop