Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Sling load missions

Sling load missions

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum for some solution to the following:

when i play a sling load mission i can pick up the cargo but can't release it. Rope interaction button doesn't do anything.
    By mistake i noticed that unloading only works when i get out of the chopper and board it as gunner.
    Is that the way it should be?
    Am I the only one who faced this effect?

Greets and a happy new year

ChopperSpirit
    Bear Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperSpirit View Post
    Hello everyone,

I searched the forum for some solution to the following:

when i play a sling load mission i can pick up the cargo but can't release it. Rope interaction button doesn't do anything.
    By mistake i noticed that unloading only works when i get out of the chopper and board it as gunner.
    Is that the way it should be?
    Am I the only one who faced this effect?

Greets and a happy new year

ChopperSpirit
    Nope, detaching works just like attaching: hover over the release point, set the cargo down and get a little lower. When you're low enough the rope will detach indicated by a hint top right. That's it.

Have fun.

Thank you guess who,

that is the way i expected it. But that only works when i get in the co pilots place and take over control. At least in the challenges missions. I tried it several time by now and can confirm that it is working only when i am using the co pilot's seat.

Could it be the mission is bugged since the patch? I mean as it seems it is only me who is facing this.

Greets ChopperSpirit

4.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #4
    You should not have to get in as copilot and take over controls. We'll have a look to see if it happens to us as well.
    Bohemia Interactive
    Arma 3 - Project Lead
    Watch us, tweet us, poke us

Take On Helicopters - Project Lead
    Take On Noisecontrollers!

Quote Originally Posted by DnA View Post
    You should not have to get in as copilot and take over controls. We'll have a look to see if it happens to us as well.
    Thanks a lot DnA.

For your information: I just tested it a minute ago and watched very closely. Following happened in detail:

- I started a sling load challenge mission
    - I started in Pilot's position and was able to pick up the sling load
    - On destination I put down the cargo and hovered. <--- nothing happened
    - I landed next to the cargo box. <--- nothing happened
    - I disembarked the helicopter with running engines (don't think the running engines have anything to do with it just wanted to be detailed)
    - I got into the chopper in copilot's seat and before i could take over the controll unleashing cargo started.
    - I then disembarked again before unleashing was completed and got into pilot position again <--- nothing happened
    - Once again got into copilots position and unleashing began again. <--- cargo successfully delivered.

Furthermore i noticed that when i fly the chopper from copilot's position the attaching of the sling load begins already when i am far away (<100m). And if I stay that far the load bounces to the chopper as if it was attached with a bungee rope

The weird thing is that it's just me who is facing this effect

Once again, thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards ChopperSpirit

Ps.: Forgot to mention... the training missions about sling loads work just fine. But i think the cargo is not really detached in those is it? As far as i remember task in the training is just to put it on the ground?
    Last edited by ChopperSpirit; Jan 3 2012 at 15:34.

Hi again,

I uploaded a Video for a detailed explaination of my problem. Mabby it helps finding a solution.

Kind regards ChopperSpirit
    Last edited by ChopperSpirit; Jan 8 2012 at 17:01.

"Nice" bug you found there
    Detaching when you're in pilots seat is possible but you have to put CARGO in perferct place/point (marked on the map) not just on destination house's roof. Missing the target sth like couple of meters and it wont detach. GPS (Ctrl+G) should help you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
    "Nice" bug you found there
    Detaching when you're in pilots seat is possible but you have to put CARGO in perferct place/point (marked on the map) not just on destination house's roof. Missing the target sth like couple of meters and it wont detach. GPS (Ctrl+G) should help you do that.
    Rgr that. I'll try that next time.
    But still, why does the cargo detach when i switch positions? And why does it attach that early?

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards Chop