Sign in to follow this  
Rumsfield

Updated Demo or Demo patch?

I recently downloaded the demo(version 1.02.86687) and have been playing it and tweeking it. So far I like it, but I don't love it.

Anyway, I've read good things about the new 1.03 patch for the full game, and I wonder if we will see a 1.03 demo which more accurately represents the game in its current state.

This is probably the last thing on your list of things to do(if at all), but it could sway more potential buyers like me :)

Thanks!

more likely with 1.04 , not sooner

Hi. Just got the demo and love it. However, I'm going to need to see the demo patched to a point where I can land in an acceptable manner before I fork out for the whole game.

I'm eagerly looking forward to a patched demo. The first time I can land the light helo in a half decent fashion I'll promptly and happily upgrade.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Edited by Koala63

The first time I can land the light helo in a half decent fashion I'll promptly and happily upgrade.

Cheers.

It's not only cause of the game. Are you sure that your setup is set correctly?

Are you sure that your setup is set correctly?

Yeah, reasonably sure. I've trawled these ToH forums pretty well and followed all the good advice. I've tweeked up my controller sensitivity and dead zones and now I'm pretty happy with my (albiet limited) ability to control the helo at normal operating altitudes. The troubles that I'm having (things going spastic close to the ground) seem consistent with the FM issues apparently fixed by the 1.03 patch and that will perhaps even improved by the 1.04.

I read some stuff about "ground effect" being changed and I recall one thread where I think someone commented positively about 1.03 along the lines of "at last I can land the light helo".

To be honest, I'm really keen to obtain the full sim, I reckon its great, but I'm a bit strapped for cash after Christmas etc. So by my comments, I was just hoping to encourage the ToH powers to consider updating the demo with the revised FM for the benefit those of us who are temorarily cash-flow-challenged.

Cheers.

PS. I fly with full difficulty settings exept for velocity indicator pipper and 'lubber line' hud aids. I'm running TIR5, MSFF2 and CH pedals. All is sweet now, except the landings which seem so off that I can't gain any benefit from practicing. I'd love to be able to build my skills on the demo prior to be able to afford the full deal.

MSFF2? Cool old gadjet ! Is the force effect ok? I didn't tried mine on TOH yet.

I can't tell you if the demo have been updated. If not it should cause there is a huge difference after this patch !

Two link for ++ your headtracking ! ;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126942

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2051626&postcount=13

Thnx for the links. Force feedback has a nice, subtle vibration. Feels convincing. No effects for hard landings etc. though, which for now is a good thing :)

No need to wait for an updated demo;)

You can always download and install the modified XML files made by b101_uk and nightsta1ker to get an impression of a flight model close to the official 1.03 version (minus the modified ground effect)...

It works even in the demo... It's how I convinced a friend of mine to buy TOH. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128221

Instructions on how to install on page 5 of the topic...

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edited by Sylle
Adding link

I think it's the vanilla game version. To be confirmed. The changement with the actual is huge ! In the good way. :cool:

I think it's the vanilla game version. To be confirmed. The changement with the actual is huge ! In the good way. :cool:

Thank you very much! You were right - demo version 1.02! It's very sad ... :( I would like to play in the demo version 1.05...

It could be nice ! Cause the changelog is really cool.