Sign in to follow this  
Solarghost

Sounds of Steel v1.0 Released

10end5i.jpg

S.O.S - Sounds of Steel (Mini sound mod released)

*Please note that I have not done a recent youtube video with good quality for all the new updated sounds*

But here is the most recent demo video (Bad quality)

Cheers

Current Version: 1.3

This is a sound mod that is fully compatible with JSRS 1.4 and it was made to replace some sounds that I wanted personally for my own liking, but I am willing to share if you want to use them.

Download Link:

DOWNLOAD THE SOUND MOD HERE

Info:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15891

v1.3 Change log:

New sounds + changed existing ones...

MP5, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [sMG]

M4A1, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Rifle]

M4A3, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Rifle]

M2 Humvee 50cal, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [M2HB 50cal]

M16, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Rifle]

AK74, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Rifle]

AKM, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Rifle]

M107, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [sniper Rifle]

M60, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Machine Gun]

M240, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Machine Gun]

M249, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Machine Gun]

M9, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Pistol]

M1911, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Pistol]

M14, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [Marksman]

M24, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [sniper Rifle]

M40, (Firing sound + echo crack + Reload sound) [sniper Rifle]

A10 / F35, (Brand New Re-Breather Oxygen Mask Sounds)

This mod supports any version of ArmA 2: Combined Operations (v.1.50 - 1.60 and beyond).

It is recommended that you use this mod in conjunction with Lord Jar Head's JSRS 1.4 sound mod.

You don't even have to delete J.S.R.S Stuff!

If you're using a Arma II Launcher you can put @SOS first in the Addon order and then your other sound mods after that. So it will just replace some of the the JSRS sounds. So you wouldn't need to delete them.

I hope you guys really enjoy using these sounds!!

A HUGE thanks to Lord Jarhead for helping me with the config files as well. He is a huge asset to the community and I greatly support his sound work.

Important Note!

You have to put on 128 samples! (Do this in your Arma2 audio options)

You have to load the latest version of CBA!

You need JSRS 1.4.3 to get the full effects of the sounds

Yours faithfully in war...

Solarghost

Edited by Solarghost

I would advise to place a youtube video demo up with this, I would get this but to swap pbo's and things I would need to know if it was worth it (im being polite, nothing negative) .. an audible demonstration would work wonders :)

Congrats on your first release, mate! Look forward to downloading and checking this out. :)

Im gonna try doing a youtube video now, usually when I use fraps the file size is always massive though lol...

Ok i've done the recordings, it's in .avi

What should I convert it to ??

I am just converting it to FLV format.

The sound quality might be a little bit reduced though... because im useless at uploadind on utube lol

Uploading the video now

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Ok the video is now up, I reduced the quality just a tad to make the file size smaller....

Edited by Solarghost

Hey nice to see you made it! Congrats on your release here! Hope you enjoy your new "job". ;)

Jarhead

EDIT: At least you dont even have to delete JSRS Stuff! If you using a Arma Launcher you can put you mod to the top of the line. So it will just replace the JSRS sounds. So you wouldn't need to delete them. But at least, this is just a guess! Never tried that since I never use other mods :P

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey nice to see you made it! Congrats on your release here! Hope you enjoy your new "job". ;)

Jarhead

EDIT: At least you dont even have to delete JSRS Stuff! If you using a Arma Launcher you can put you mod to the top of the line. So it will just replace the JSRS sounds. So you wouldn't need to delete them. But at least, this is just a guess! Never tried that since I never use other mods :P

Good point lol

I don't like how every sound just cut out like that, no reverb, echo, no nothing and some seem to cut off very abruptly. - Besides that it all sounds promising :)

Edited by Sethos

I don't like how every sound just cut out like that, no reverb, echo, no nothing and some seem to cut off very abruptly. - Besides that it all sounds promising :)

The M4, M9 have echo and the AKM

M249 and M60 still need work for echos etc.

Hi,

I seem to be having some problems getting this to play nicely on my dedi server. It keeps insisting that the keys for sos_ak74.pbo and sos_akm.pbo are not valid and I suffer the ignomy of being banned from my own server!!

I am running the server with V2 key checking and as far as Six Updater is concerned, the keys are OK. It's not complaining about any of the other pbo's, just these two. I am not running the mods on the server, I have just added the bikey to the keys folder - this should be fine (it works for JSRS1.4 for example).

Anyone else had similar problems?

EDIT -----> Actually it is complaining about all of the pbos in the mod - just deleted them one, by one and it complains about them all.

Edited by Jedra

That's strange! lol...

Lord Jarhead is the one that helped me make the bisign keys as well...

I've joined servers using the sound mod and haven't had any errors.

I use arma2 launcher and just make the SOS addon run before jsrs, seems to be ok?

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

New Release:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1u0kgf310icaocz

This includes the updated sounds for the M4A1 & M249

I am still working on the other weapon sounds. :yay:

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

I had an ex US ARMY soldier tell me the sound of the M4A1 and it's reloading sound is pretty accurate to the real thing now, without actually being behind the real gun itself.

So I hope his comments are correct !

YAYYY

Wow loving this new update, any chance the M16 could also get some reverb/echo cause it still sounds like it just cuts off quickly. Other than that this is an awesome mod for a mod :P.

Yerpppp, I still have to revamp the other weapons.

I only released it half pie finished so people can have a squizz.

The first M4A1 sound was wayyyyyy too loud, so changed it lol.

The first M4A1 sound was wayyyyyy too loud, so changed it lol.

Yeah I was gonna mention some of your sounds were clipping and a bit loud... Keep it up :)

Hello again people,

I have a Question for the community...

What weapon / weapons do you use most and what sounds do you want more realistic or tweaked ??

For example...

The reload sound of the M107 or the ACE UZI sound, or the shotgun etc etc....

How about you tell me what weapon sounds u might like to have and I will try and do some thing for you ??

Cheers

Hey solarghost just wondering if this was still being worked on, btw a sound that could use a bit of tweaking is the MP5