Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87646 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Anyone else notice AI machinegunners fire up in the air? Make yourself leader and add some MG'ers in your squad, and watch them fight enemies.

They either like to sit or stand where the MG's will have too much kickback and send most of the bullets into space. Lot of waste goin on. :)

The AI MG soldiers need to be told hardcoded to lie down or being able to muscle the weapons better when sitting. And try to avoid standing and shooting with them.

This has been the case for quite some time already, even when they do lie down.

Anyone else notice AI machinegunners fire up in the air? Make yourself leader and add some MG'ers in your squad, and watch them fight enemies.

They either like to sit or stand where the MG's will have too much kickback and send most of the bullets into space. Lot of waste goin on. :)

The AI MG soldiers need to be told hardcoded to lie down or being able to muscle the weapons better when sitting. And try to avoid standing and shooting with them.

That issue 23559

That's the first part of a problem

The second is AI being unable to compensate for recoil after it was added in 1.54, but I don't remember the ticket number

these who have ARMA 2: Reinforcements need to rename ARMA2RFT.EXE.#RFT to ARMA2RFT.EXE

that's why it's there ...

Dwarden, thanks for the hotfix style, it's important for the PR servers.

87646 is backward compatible with 1.60 etc, so we could have multiple people on PR with different versions.. is that ok?

What does it mean when I click on my Beta.exe and get a:

No EntryPathDefault

error message? Never had this problem before. Alot of strange problems I've had since 1.60RC and dreading but probably time for a fresh reinstall (again).

Ahh shoot nevermind - should have read the ReadMe. Tough week. :```(

In honor of the guided missile fix. The vid also proves that desert bird wing flapping is working! Note how I delayed firing for a few seconds to save the bird. ;)

L_awVIIyaaQ

Edited by OMAC

Yes, the engine burn-out distance issue has been discussed in CIT.

dumb question: is this still a stand alone beta? I installed this like I always did, but I hadn't installed any post-1.60 betas yet. I have 1-10fps now, and whenever I change view direction in game it goes down to 1fps or simply freezes for a few seconds. I've never had any problems like this before with any version of patch or beta. Btw I run Arma CO @ version 1.57.76815 for the sake of mergeconfig.

oops nevermind it must have been something running in the background. Works great, I'm enjoying the guided missiles now.

Giving the abillity to engange Tanks with TOW, etc. well outside of the tanks effective gun range gives a fully new meaning to guided missile vehicles now...was about time. Guided missiles on vehicles are worth something now finally.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

dumb question: is this still a stand alone beta? I installed this like I always did, but I hadn't installed any post-1.60 betas yet. I have 1-10fps now, and whenever I change view direction in game it goes down to 1fps or simply freezes for a few seconds. I've never had any problems like this before with any version of patch or beta. Btw I run Arma CO @ version 1.57.76815 for the sake of mergeconfig.
ahhh...so it's you crashing the servers with .rpt spam all the time ;)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

+ some server crashfixes

HOTFIX file (primary for servers):

A2OA-160-hotfix-02.7z

http://www.multiupload.com/73LVBJKM1C

if You need ARMA2RFT.EXE then You need rename the ARMA2RFT.EXE.#RFT

remember beta installer DO NOT OVERWRITE anything in your full game so client can use the beta setup

I read that with the beta patch 87646 Changed: Default memory allocator is Now tbb4malloc_bi instead of tbb3malloc_bi

What this may change in the fluidity of the game? already with the patch 1.60 I solved the problem of stuttering, thanks

I read that with the beta patch 87646 Changed: Default memory allocator is Now tbb4malloc_bi instead of tbb3malloc_bi

What this may change in the fluidity of the game? already with the patch 1.60 I solved the problem of stuttering, thanks

TBB4 seems to be slightly better than TBB3, objectively in terms of raw FPS and subjectively regarding framerate smoothness. Your mileage may vary of course, so you can always switch back to TBB3 using the appropriate command line parameter.

note also that the missile disappears before hitting.

and fly too fast.Speed should be around 187m/s

No, if you want to use a Beta patch, download and install it manually.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

"D:\Games\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

becomes:

"D:\Games\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Now the ingame mod manager will work because you didn't specify -mod=

Of course you can still specify other mods through -mod=, but then the game's internal mod manager is disabled again.

excuse me, but for simplicity can we start the beta patch like any mod with a Laucher? :confused: I do this and it seems to work

excuse me, but for simplicity can we start the beta patch like any mod with a Laucher? :confused: I do this and it seems to work

Yup, that's how it has always been.