Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

You guys have been so nice and patient, so here's a little picture

(From left to right): CA AR-1, CA AR-1 w/GP-30, CA LMG-1

DA39H.jpg

I cant wait to see this, your progress and additions you have planned and added are amazing, I saw earlier in a post you plan on adding para's possibly, do you think the CDF will incorporate Marine/ Naval Infantry ? or I noticed the South zagoria police have heavy police units is there a plan for something similar for the National police?

Nvm Just went through and saw the Equivalent for national police haha

Edited by yevgeni89

nice job on the AR-1 they look amazing! :)

Damn I love the look of it >.<

Note that the main infantry will still be armed with their current weapons. The CA series are just extras available in low numbers.

Me Gusta :D

Your AK-74 pack with the rails gave me the idea :)

nice job on the AR-1 they look amazing! :)

Damn I love the look of it >.<

Thanks man. Credits go to Vilas for me using parts of his models of his recently released MLODs pack and mashing them in together to make a thing of beauty :p

I cant wait to see this, your progress and additions you have planned and added are amazing, I saw earlier in a post you plan on adding para's possibly, do you think the CDF will incorporate Marine/ Naval Infantry ? or I noticed the South zagoria police have heavy police units is there a plan for something similar for the National police?

Nvm Just went through and saw the Equivalent for national police haha

I will for sure have CDF paratroopers (in both western and eastern equipment). I cannot comment on Marine/Naval infantry as I already have enough content planned for the next two patches.

@ GossamerSolid The CA series weapons look great, how about the Paratroopers have them equipped it would add variety, also i would expect the paratroopers to have more exotic weaponry been that they are better trained and equipped infantry.

@ GossamerSolid The CA series weapons look great, how about the Paratroopers have them equipped it would add variety, also i would expect the paratroopers to have more exotic weaponry been that they are better trained and equipped infantry.

To be honest I think like in US and USMC since that is where CDF is heading, they should have differ weapon? ((If I am not wrong US Army and USMC uses different variants as weapons)) so why not normal infantry branch use CA series and Paratrooper's FN FNC?

I think that's a great idea. Since the CA weapons are much more high-tech and in less numbers, the paratroopers shall use them rather than regular infantry.

To be honest I think like in US and USMC since that is where CDF is heading, they should have differ weapon? ((If I am not wrong US Army and USMC uses different variants as weapons)) so why not normal infantry branch use CA series and Paratrooper's FN FNC?

Well let's not get mixed up here. There are Regular Infantry and Paratroopers in both the Western Equipped and Eastern Equipped forces.

Men

Men (Paratroopers)

Men (Western)

Men (Paratroopers Western)

I haven't quite decided what the western paratroopers will have, but it'd probably still be the FNC (but they'd have the versions with aimpoints and scopes and such).

Keep in mind that in PCDF "canon", the western equipped forces are very very few in number, but they are already what you could consider "elite" troops.

The regular forces that are the eastern equipped ones number in pretty much of 95% of the Defence forces.

I've made a decision: The currently released version will be the last version of Project CDF.

No, I'm not abandoning you guys though.

I'm going to be taking ALMOST all of the PCDF content and using it as a part of my new project which is focused on the entire green sea region and its surrounding countries.

When I originally started PCDF, I just wanted to make a few things for the CDF. Once I started on the PRSZ and Russians, I began to realize that I'm growing outside of the scope of this mod.

The main reason I'm going to be moving to the new project is that I'm going to be changing a lot of the configs, classnames and doing other stuff such as removing some of the content I don't really like. Instead of doing these changes to PCDF (which would break anybody's missions or scripts that rely on my content's integrity being maintained), I thought I'd simply move it to a new project.

Keep your eyes out in the addons WIP section, I'll be making a post relatively soon showing some of the new content and what you can expect out of the new project. I'll have this thread locked once my new post is up.

Thank you to everybody who has supported, provided MLODs/textures and helped me on the addon development side as well as everybody in the community who has commented, provided feedback, downloaded and utilized this mod!

Like the look of the rifles, will they make it into your new project?

which, btw is bitter sweet news! I Loved PCDF and the new toys it gave us, and to hear that you're working on this new project means no new toys for a long time...but I bet it will be worth the wait! So, good luck with it!

Like the look of the rifles, will they make it into your new project?

They sure will.

Most of the stuff that is getting cut is the western equipment for the CDF.

The mod is very good, but why do you have created two factions for СDF, why not make everything to be in one fraction?

The mod is very good, but why do you have created two factions for СDF, why not make everything to be in one fraction?

I originally had everything in one faction, but I decided to seperate it as to not mix my content with the vanilla BIS stuff (I make changes to some of the BIS content, so I have to duplicate it into another faction).

Hi guys,

i got this warning message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.PRSZ'.

What can cause this message ? I got the latest @PCDF install.

How goes with the 2S1... - will we see that in a near update/next patch...?

Have you considered theese babies in the pack as well...? - looks pretty straight forward to include...

Cdf pchela-1t

UAVs and Pchela Fix

The current version of PCDF that is out is the last one to be released.

Hi guys,

i got this warning message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.PRSZ'.

What can cause this message ? I got the latest @PCDF install.

Could you check your RPT and post the full message? Usually it says what the offending classname or pbo is that caused that error.

Well my .RPT is full of error reports. I just do not know why. I am using 10+ mods for years ago.

Well my .RPT is full of error reports. I just do not know why. I am using 10+ mods for years ago.

I just downloaded the copy from the first post of the topic, I couldn't replicate the error. What unit(s) where you trying to use when the error showed up?

Heh, thats the tricky thing here, i do NOT wanted to use any PCDF units. The error report comes only (and always) when im starting the mission editor. The map showing off and the error report comes up.

Well. It can be that my HDD works not properly. I mean its not the first time that my ArmA2 install "pefrorms" things like this error. But my pc is only two years old, so i really do not know the cause of all these problems... :confused:

Edited by Vilman

Heh, thats the tricky thing here, i do NOT wanted to use any PCDF units. The error report comes only (and always) when im starting the mission editor. The map showing off and the error report comes up.

Are you missing the file PCDF_Core.pbo?

I'd suggest deleteing the PCDF mod folder, freshly downloading it again from a link on the front page (I used my community's DL link) and then try it again.

I got the PCDF_Core.pbo file. But i will reinstall the mod, let us see what will happen...

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Its o.k. ! I reinstalled @PCDF and it works good now.

Thanx for your help GossamerSolid ! :)

I got the PCDF_Core.pbo file. But i will reinstall the mod, let us see what will happen...

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Its o.k. ! I reinstalled @PCDF and it works good now.

Thanx for your help GossamerSolid ! :)

No problem, glad everything is working out now.

Any news about project ?

Sorry man, no news.

Focusing on some A3 projects and working in real life.

Hope you will not abandon the project :3

Small lived legacy of 18THPP must be bought back in my plans sooner or later :P