Sign in to follow this  
Junglejim728

ARMA 2 FREE Wont' Work; Please Help

I just got a new laptop and i really wanted to try the ARMA demo, but for some reason, it won't work. It wont go past the "Installing DirectX for the First Time" pop box after launching the game. I also tried to launch it from inside of the game file, but it says that X3Daudio1_6 is missing from my computer. PLEASE HELP! I tried all of the installing of new DirectX and reinstalling the game, it just won't work. Please get back to me soon!

Ive tried everything, i think i tried this too it just won't work and i am getting rrrrrrreally annoyed.

started the STEAM via "run as administrator" ? or the A2:F installer

I have ran it as admin before, it didn't work but i guess i should try it again and the most recent file in the link posted above quit installing twice so...

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:07 PM ----------

I don't know why it wont work, i even put the X3Daudio1_6 manually into my computer and it still won't work!@!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Even the Application that was installed into my docs won't even open............

hmm did you installed the last DirectX redist (via the run as administrator) ?

specifics about your laptop hardware?

run a dxdiag