Sign in to follow this  
hardway

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead No entry 'bin\config.bin........

Hello,

I bought Arma X anniversary edition on steam. with that came arma 2 operation Arrowhead. But it won't work. everytime i start it up a message came what say:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' when i click OK after a while a other message came what say:

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

i already googled on the problem but can't find a solution.

Can somone help me?

Please tell us something about your hardware.

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

This message could point to a unsupported GPU (too old) but also drivers not up to date or DX9 not (properly) installed.

My graphic card is a NVIDIA Gfordce 310M running with the latest update.

And DX (i understand that is direct X) i have 10 of 11 i am not sure but i am running Saints row the third always on 10&11 when it askt for it.

Is this the information you need?

Not all DX9 components are included in DX10/11, maybe installing DX9 will solve the problem. It doesn't mean downgrading DX as Version 9 will be installed alongside with 10/11.

I already found the solution. I shutdown steam. An started steam up as an administrator. it solved a lot of problems with other arma's to . stil thanks for your help

I already found the solution. I shutdown steam. An started steam up as an administrator. it solved a lot of problems with other arma's to . stil thanks for your help

had this problem as well, just gotten a new system and was installing it on here for the first time.

I just had this same problem installing Operation Arrowhead. Just restarting Steam solved it for me.

Cheers

just got the same error, i even restarted my computer and ran Steam as administrator, used ArmA 2 CO without steam and the problem is still there, where can i re-download DX9?

If you have installed the game from Steam, Steam will automatically install the correct version of DirectX. That's what it does when you try to launch the game for the first time and then you have to wait for it to install other stuff like DirectX.

ok, i cant easily fix it, but i know that the crash pop up just when i try to use ArmA 2 OA without the ArmA 2 data on it, for some reason, that's what happens, already reinstalled ArmA 2 OA and i think that's the answer, now, i usually use the launcher from the ArmA 2 OA folder so i can manage my mods, but i dont know how can i manage my mods without being in-game, if anybody knows how, i will be able to fix my problem

ok, i cant easily fix it, but i know that the crash pop up just when i try to use ArmA 2 OA without the ArmA 2 data on it, for some reason, that's what happens, already reinstalled ArmA 2 OA and i think that's the answer, now, i usually use the launcher from the ArmA 2 OA folder so i can manage my mods, but i dont know how can i manage my mods without being in-game, if anybody knows how, i will be able to fix my problem

Seems like the problem was on my expantion list, before few patches, people could deactivate OA and their games would suffer the same problem, but i deactivated Vanilla ArmA 2....

looks like i cant run OA stand alone, if nothing above this post works, try this: Delete ArmA2OA.cfg in your documents folder, if its still crashing, do the same with ArmA2.cfg, if it still crash, sorry, i have no answer.

Tried running as Admin on steam but no difference, also deleted files suggested from the ArmA2 folder in My Documents, same result. Are there any other ideas anyone?

Are you running the game as admin as well? If you run it from a separate shortcut.

I don't know just did a reinstall and having this issue didn't have it before

MPTable.shadow and PSSpecularAlpha error? Run Steam as admin, don't use beta patches or six updater until the basic installation is working.

since my update on server side yesterday i have the same prob on

server box ..

but are members server updated no prob working great

but ar public server wont run as error on start = no entry bin concfg bin

can some help me out with this ?

I gave did what you did and it worked until it said "Bad serial number given on startup" what does that mean?