Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead No entry 'bin\config.bin........

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead No entry 'bin\config.bin........

Hello,
    I bought Arma X anniversary edition on steam. with that came arma 2 operation Arrowhead. But it won't work. everytime i start it up a message came what say:
    No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' when i click OK after a while a other message came what say:
    Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0
    i already googled on the problem but can't find a solution.
    Can somone help me?

Please tell us something about your hardware.
    Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0
    This message could point to a unsupported GPU (too old) but also drivers not up to date or DX9 not (properly) installed.

My graphic card is a NVIDIA Gfordce 310M running with the latest update.
    And DX (i understand that is direct X) i have 10 of 11 i am not sure but i am running Saints row the third always on 10&11 when it askt for it.
    Is this the information you need?

Not all DX9 components are included in DX10/11, maybe installing DX9 will solve the problem. It doesn't mean downgrading DX as Version 9 will be installed alongside with 10/11.

I already found the solution. I shutdown steam. An started steam up as an administrator. it solved a lot of problems with other arma's to . stil thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by hardway View Post
    I already found the solution. I shutdown steam. An started steam up as an administrator. it solved a lot of problems with other arma's to . stil thanks for your help

had this problem as well, just gotten a new system and was installing it on here for the first time.

I just had this same problem installing Operation Arrowhead. Just restarting Steam solved it for me.

Cheers

just got the same error, i even restarted my computer and ran Steam as administrator, used ArmA 2 CO without steam and the problem is still there, where can i re-download DX9?
    ALL HAIL TO OFP COLD WAR CRYSIS

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for the good mens to do nothing"

Warrant Officer
    If you have installed the game from Steam, Steam will automatically install the correct version of DirectX. That's what it does when you try to launch the game for the first time and then you have to wait for it to install other stuff like DirectX.
    "The greatest way to avenge your enemy is by learning to forgive." - Takashi Tanemori

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast