Sign in to follow this  
spruxxx

How to create a MP mission based on SP Combat Patrol Scenario and ACM?

Hey all, I'm a huge fan of Insurgency and Domination MP in Arma 2 (at least when everyone works together ;)) - just wondering if anyone can help with this.

The only problem I have is persuading my gaming friends to take the time to give Arma 2 / OA a go as well. Time and learning curve issues on their part etc etc

The perfect solution to let them acclimatise would be a multiplayer version of the Combat Scenario from SP - basically 1 hour mission with some variety, but simple to understand, and I can take the TL role and teach them how to play. And of course it's just good fun!

First off, sorry I know nothing about editing, either with the Simple or Main Editor. Searched around and haven't found any custom MP missions using the ACM - can you point me to any that have already been made? Or am I being a fool and not realising the SP mission is easy to convert to MP?

I'm more than willing to try and overcome my ignorance and try and make one myself if necessary - it is going to be straightforward to add MP capability, or are there reasons why it is difficult to do? I've found posts about adding ACM stuff to a SP mission, which is helpful, but it's the MP element that I have no clue about.

Just achieving the first point, 4-6 MP players, will be fine to start with. I think the default is a 6 man KSK team, with you and five AI.

Ideally I'd also fix a few bugs / gameplay issues to make it better. I believe I've seen most of these features in other custom or campaign missions somewhere, so I guess it must be do-able somehow.

So, edits I'd like to the SP Scenario Combat mission:

1. Multiplayer up to 6 players, as mentioned

I need a method to manage players who are killed - 2 obvious choices are either respawn on other players or the mission starting point, a la Insurgency, or alternatively a reinforcement request via the radio, which drops them nearby via a heli, as is currently the case for dead AI team members in the SP version.

2. Other nearby AI friendlies will locate and heal critically injured units (perhaps if all players are hurt) - and possibly by specifically calling for support from the radio.

3. Manual emergency radio request to call in heli / medics / backup to your position (if all players hurt or in trouble), much like a reinforcement request - eg 2 medics and 2 armed troops plus heli crew arrive. I have seen an option like this before in a custom SP mission.

Another very good reason for this is that the evac heli after the 1 hour play time is often bugged and doesn't land - it goes off to fight other enemies nearby and if it doesn't get shot down in the process, then gets stuck in mid-air until it runs out of fuel. Very annoying if you survive for the hour...so a manual option to bring a heli in for evac would be great.

4. Option to customise team types and weapon loadouts in advance. I noticed that although you can play the scenario at night, the default weapons do not include any night scopes and you can't change them! At the moment the only option for Combat is that you can choose between the KSK and BAF (if you have BAF of course).

Thanks in advance, any thoughts much appreciated. And happy Xmas to you all!!!

Spud

Wondering if you ever figured this out. I really want to convert some SP to 2 player coop to play with a buddy.