Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87636 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

changelog:

+ crashfixes

+ some networking fixes

+ passwords no more saved into .rpt (just *)

all You need for hotfixing 1.60 (overwrite files) with following files (inside A2: OA directory)

arma2oa.exe

arma2oaserver.exe

\Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo

\Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo.bi.bisign

\Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo.bi2.bisign

here is ^ above in single 'hotfix' file A2OA-160-hotfix-01.7z , http://www.multiupload.com/O7FFB0OLJ4

CRC32: BB376D75

MD5: FFC804FB3ED7E049A8E15284E243C26A

SHA-1: 546EE438FE46125E5CE500D02A7141A8047AAF25

Edited by Dwarden

Cheers,is it the BAF hotfix ?

no, why would be BAF hotfix in OA ?

plus that's only STEAM related and will be rolling out within hour on STEAM service ...

Thanks!

The mentioned Plans for Friday eh?

But don´t forget : The next three Days are for the Family only. :D

don't use old Winrar and use opensource 7-zip www.7-zip.org , You need to have version 9.20 supporting LZMA2

Edited by Dwarden

So let me get this right, this hot fix only applies to Steam users who've been updated to 1.60?

To make sure, the files in

.../ArmA 2/Expansion/Dta (as in Megaupload fileset)

should be replaced, NOT the files in

.../ArmA 2/Dta

correct?

If so, I would suggest editing your first post to this to reduce the possibility of confusion:

arma2oa.exe

arma2oaserver.exe

Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo

Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo.bi.bisign

Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo.bi2.bisign

In Megaupload mirror - Dta is in Expansion folder

yes, just the text was wrong, i fixed my post, sorry (tho it was obvious cause it's OA beta)

So let me get this right, this hot fix only applies to Steam users who've been updated to 1.60?

No. This applies to NON-STEAM 1.60 installations, I'm pretty sure.

No. This applies to NON-STEAM 1.60 installations, I'm pretty sure.

this 'hotfix' is for any OA 1.60 ... unrelated to distribution

just to clarify, we need both 87636 beta patch (40.97mb) AND the A2OA-160-hotfix-01.7z (4.75mb)?

Day after long awaited patch we have not one but three hotfixes and a new beta build? This is getting confusing. I'll wait a week, can't organize anything with this chaos going on...

My Steam OA would not work yesterday and verify said 1 file failed to validate and would be reacquired. This didn’t happen. This afternoon I tried again and apparently after the BAF hotfix everything works perfectly. Thanks again BIS

just to clarify, we need both 87636 beta patch (40.97mb) AND the A2OA-160-hotfix-01.7z (4.75mb)?

no, you need only the .7z if you don't want use beta style

Day after long awaited patch we have not one but three hotfixes and a new beta build? This is getting confusing. I'll wait a week, can't organize anything with this chaos going on...

It is not that bad.

The only real problem found for Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations was for users of Steam where for some reason wrong BAF signature was present but this is already fixed and the fix will apply automatically.

Other problem is for Arma 2 1.11 only (ie without Arrowhead) with incorrect signature, users of Combined Operations are not affected.

Rest can be considered as optional, nice to have, plus does not have any impact on mp compatibility in any way.

@PROBLEMS

ARMA 2 full has wrong signature for Dta\Languagecore.pbo , this affects only some users if they join server requesting bi.bikey signatures v2

(note: STEAM users are already w/o this problem, theirs distribution uses correct file)

(note: ARMA 2: Free don't have such problem)

hence in case someone run into this problem with his ARMA 2 full, he can download the <1KB bytes file and fix it, simple as that...

there is no hotfix needed for the STEAM BAF anymore, it was fixed on STEAM service

@BETA

hence why 87636 is released as beta but labeled 'hotfix' it's stable enough to be used by games hosters (for them i made the .7z)

the build didn't fit into build timeframe for full 1.60 release thus

it was released as beta cause it was fastest way to get it built just hours before Xmas :)

and who not want bit more stability and performance ? ;)

Edited by Dwarden

it's not that confusing, indeed

same effect whether you

1) install the provided beta and run game via usual [beta].lnk

or

2) chose to copy/paste the files provided in the hotfix-package in its correct place and run game via [final].lnk

(or you do both, then you're always uptodate, whether you run final- or beta .exe)

In both cases version number will be _87636

Awwww man........ I'm all beta'd out! Won't be testing any new betas for a couple of months as I need to play with people :)

Awwww man........ I'm all beta'd out! Won't be testing any new betas for a couple of months as I need to play with people :)

my suggestion is download the .7z and use it as 'hotfix' not as beta ... :D

there simply wasn't time to pack it into 'new installer' ...

my suggestion is download the .7z and use it as 'hotfix' not as beta ... :D

I very strongly agree. Installing is a piece of cake, and then you are permanently good to go with no beta hassle.

Shouldn't this hotfix be added to the Official Update page?

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=756%3Aarma-2-combined-operations--operation-arrowhead--reinforcements-patch-1〈=en