Please excuse me if this subject has been already covered but as long as I'm searching about it I'm getting more confused ...

So ... my basic question is ... I have a newly created vehicle (armored car) and I don't know how to make it be compatible with ACE ... is anyone able to help me on that ?

I suppose that some entries into my config will do this but I'm totally lost so I'm asking your help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. note that my intention is to make the vehicle ACE compatible but not dependent ... (I mean that the vehicle must be available also to anyone who is not using ACE).

P.S.2 also please note that I'm already using CBA and these info here http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes was not helpful for me (there is also a dead link in there at the "Addon Makers" part).

Aplion

Make sure they're using a SOFLAM. Not any laser will work.

I am aware.

Dear ACE devs,

Is it possible to switch off or edit some ACE features ?

Im talking about the T-72A and M.

The first is the driver's posititon, the possibility of getting into the drivers pos from the commanders and gunners pos and back. You turn down the driver seat's backrest so you can get in the seat from the turret. Its true for the T-55 and the BMP-2 too ! The second is the main gun's horizontal stabilisation. When the tank is turning, the gun stays in its original position. Like at the T-72B. In the real life, and as in the vanilla ArmA 2, the 72A and -M has both things working.

Thanks guys !

I just read that it's possible to crawl into the turret from the driver's seat in the Abrams as well. There was a ticket about implementing time delays in seat switching. If they do that, we could expect them to restore the ability to switch to the driver's seat.

The truth is at the "deep swimming" of the tank. When the tank stucks in the bottom of the lake or river or etc. the crew floods the T-72 from its top to te bottom of the chassis. In that case, the driver must crawl from his seat to the gunners or to the commanders seat and then he can swim out of the flooded tank.

Hi there just a qiuck Q.

I am playing with ACE as normal :) and I have completed a mission now what I want to know is I have put my men in safe mode and I run ahead as I need to get to the chopper but damn they just walk slow they dont even try to keep up really.

Is there some thing with ACE causing this? as I know ACE changes a lot of the AI stuff?.

thanks

I am playing with ACE ... I need to get to the chopper .... but ....

thanks

Yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Get to da choppah !!!!!!

Sorry for derailing your quote, I just had to :D

About slow AI, no idea, sorry

Usually when in Safe mode, they treat their movement as if they don't need to go anywhere fast. It may be best to leave them in 'Aware' so they can keep up with you while maintaining a calm stance, but are attentive of their surroundings. Though that's just me. o: Others may have other ideas of what to do

LOL billion$testicle NP I knew some one was going to do it TBH when I was typing it I was like in my head

Get to da chopper LOL

Thanks SigintArmA will give it a go.

wow nice update ! but i have a question how work the apobs ?

EDIT : for me the mine marker have no model just a very little white stick

Edited by M1n1d0u

thanks i didn't use the drop action but just double click on it !

wow these look fun :).

Got any of the mirrors that have been added :)

Thanks

EDIT

Just a qiuck Q

I want to make a mission and I want the weather,wind (weather I know),Time etc etc to be synced with all players including JIP.

Now what i would like to know is ACE uses there own wind script BUT does it automatically sync it with every player and JIP or di I need to add some thing for it to do so?.

Thanks

:P

Be sure to read the description. ;)

Edited by stk2008

I want to make a sugestion here, when you choose to put a secondary weapon in your back, can you add a model in your back instead of making it hidden? I mean, cmon, where the heck did you hidden that RPK? and this is not only for visual detail. we play with insurgents that can act as civilians, but they can hide a HUGE weapon inside their body, then turn around a corner, draw a 120mm autocannon from his back and kill all the entire squad

WTF LOL I think I have found some thing about the banana from ACE2 :P

Ok well I was looking at how the jerry cans work in ACE and spotted this in ace_main.pbo

1.ACE jerrycan - banana

Thats all I have right now but why have jerry can and banana LOL

ACE team we are getting closer :P

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Well it seems the banana is some kind of fuel I cant test right now but maybe we can place it near a vehicle and fuel the car with it?.

Where does one find the new search mirror from the latest update?.

I have looked in

magic box

and items box

Edited by stk2008

ACE team we are getting closer :P

No, you are not getting closer :)

Xeno

LOL DOH :(.

BTW Xeno

is ACE wind all ways synced with players and JIP? or do I have to add a script to call it etc?.

Thanks

I want to make a sugestion here, when you choose to put a secondary weapon in your back, can you add a model in your back instead of making it hidden? I mean, cmon, where the heck did you hidden that RPK? and this is not only for visual detail. we play with insurgents that can act as civilians, but they can hide a HUGE weapon inside their body, then turn around a corner, draw a 120mm autocannon from his back and kill all the entire squad

Please do something with this, keep it real. No one can hide a RPG in their clothes or in the backpack, weapons dont fix on it.

Hope you fix this.

Thanks!

does anybody have performance issues on a ded. server with new ace and Cba ? It's a bit strange for me

Have anyone of you the classnames of the Mine markers and this mk7 APOBS?

I have searched in Six Config Browser but its last Update was on 1st april.

if you can help me, woah this resuces my saturday event :)

Could some one tell me where I would find this search mirror I see in the latest change log.

I cant find it in the

magic box

or

items box

thanks