I've been having trouble with the ACE wounding system or something. This pertains mainly to single-player. When I get hit real bad and start passing out, I loose the ability to switch teams. I have to sit there and wait til someone heals me or I eventually die before I am prompted with the option to switch teams.... This makes it unplayable with the wounding system. Its extremely frustrating to make it 80% through the mission and then get hit and have to sit there for 10 minutes while i wait for my player to die so I can switch to another team member... Any solutions?

I thought about making a trigger that will automatically switch the player to another team member if my damage >.8 but I would really like to find a better solution (other than to not use ACE wounding system).

Any help will be appreciated

VS

You should be able to switch teams every couple seconds when you get a short window of clear vision. A bigger problem is the momentary blackout when switching from an unconscious unit to a healthy one.

It could be an extra in one of the seemingly many addons you seem to have loaded at the same time? Lol Because I've never seen a banana in there before lol

A bigger problem is the momentary blackout when switching from an unconscious unit to a healthy one.
You are correct! So this is a known problem then? What steps have been taken to resolve this issue? -- Sometimes I get hit bad enough where I cannot switch.... Then it takes a while. Worse yet, there have been a few times where I have actually died but it fails to recognize it and it doesn't pass control of the group on to the next member.... After death, it prompts me with the option to switch or end game. I switch to another member but it still treats the dead guy as the leader and if I accidentally "switch to leader" then I'm screwed because It wont allow me to do anything.... Not even the escape menu works then. The only thing I can do is Zoom & change the time speed (+/- key). I end up having to clt+alt+del to get out of the game....

Any solutions or fixes out there since this is a known problem?

It's a longstanding truism of ArmA that team switching breaks fucking everything. That's all I can really say.

As for the banana, I have seen the Ka-52 spawn a floating soda can in front of its optics, so anything is possible.

Banana PMSL!!!!!

Why would ACE, that strieves for realism have a banana! I can't believe you even asked but it made my day. Thankyou. :)

Yeah but I don't think you can shoot a banana or touch it off ;)

I think it is an ACE feature for some reason.

Only mod I have is ACE nothing else.

I have missions though

Dynamic zombie sandbox

zombie invasion etc

Plus in the magic box is where the banana can be found.

I think it is an ACE feature for some reason.

It's a secret object and yes, it's from ACE. Won't tell you for what it is.

Xeno

LOL sweet we muct try to find out.

Banana bomb? :P

I found the article https://dev-heaven.net/issues/13861 when looking for a solution for returning the names of dead units. The article says to use

_unit setVariable ["MyTag_UnitName",name _unit"];
and
_deadName = _deadUnit getVariable "MyTag_UnitName";
Im not quite understanding how this works. Can someone possibly expand upon this for me? Can the name not be returned from the ACE dog tag or something to that effect?

I was wondering if it would be possible for the ACE team to do with Vests and chest rigs what they do with Balaclavas? The option to pick up and drop and equip certain parts of the uniform?

this would be cool we could change uniforms half way through a game or some thing like that.

But it wont happen as ACE has halted now only for major bugs plus ARMA 3 has uniform changing functions I think :) roll on arma 3 :)

I have noticed that the laser rangefinder for both gunner and commander does not seem to work for any M1 Abrams variant.

Repro steps in editor:

-Place any ACE M1 Abrams variant on the map (M1A1, M1A2 TUSK, woodland or desert etc)

-Set player as gunner or commander

-Preview mission

-Lase a patch of ground and ensure that a fixed reading is given (not '0000')

-Fire

-Rounds will always fall short of targeted position. In particular HEAT round fall shorter than APFSDS. The Commander's M2 will also hit way short of the targeted position

For comparison I have tested M2A3, T72 and T90 using identical steps and the rangerfinder works correctly in these vehicles, so it appears that only the M1 is affected.

New issue (ref 30165) created on ACE2 bugtracker.

I have noticed that the laser rangefinder for both gunner and commander does not seem to work for any M1 Abrams variant.

Repro steps in editor:

-Place any ACE M1 Abrams variant on the map (M1A1, M1A2 TUSK, woodland or desert etc)

-Set player as gunner or commander

-Preview mission

-Lase a patch of ground and ensure that a fixed reading is given (not '0000')

-Fire

-Rounds will always fall short of targeted position. In particular HEAT round fall shorter than APFSDS. The Commander's M2 will also hit way short of the targeted position

For comparison I have tested M2A3, T72 and T90 using identical steps and the rangerfinder works correctly in these vehicles, so it appears that only the M1 is affected.

It seems that something is wrong with config, did You edited configs in some ACE files?

I do not have this problem right now after reinstalling mod with my backup but when I played with ACE files I deleted some data and it seems that then there is a problem with fire control system.

Try to reinstall mod, if this wont work, then edit some files, find proper config lines responsible for fire control system, they should be in ace_c_vehicle file IRCC, it might work to just copy proper lines from other vehicles.

Just last night I was hitting meter-wide targets from 2000m. M1 works pretty well on my end.

Nevermind (stupid question removed).

Edited by B00tsy

Can anyone please direct me to an explanation of A.C.Es laser designation system? I've been googleing for about an hour and I've got about 50 tutorials on how to fire hellfires from an apache but I'm at an absolute loss as to how you are supposed to use laser guided bombs or missiles on planes.

Specifically, how do you know if there is a laser target? What information is the green circle in the bottom right supposed to convey? If there's more than one laser how do you select the target as planes don't appear to have an MFD. How do you use LOAL, if I fire a missile directly at a laser someone else is pointing, in a open field with no obstructions I just get a No target message.

Dear ACE devs,

Is it possible to switch off or edit some ACE features ?

Im talking about the T-72A and M.

The first is the driver's posititon, the possibility of getting into the drivers pos from the commanders and gunners pos and back. You turn down the driver seat's backrest so you can get in the seat from the turret. Its true for the T-55 and the BMP-2 too ! The second is the main gun's horizontal stabilisation. When the tank is turning, the gun stays in its original position. Like at the T-72B. In the real life, and as in the vanilla ArmA 2, the 72A and -M has both things working.

Thanks guys !

Edited by Vilman