Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but does anyone know anything about the Armoury gamemode with ACE weapons? It's not a very popular gamemode in multiplayer from my understanding, but basically I'd like to get the new ACEX weapons into the armoury game mode so that they could be picked to be used with the challanges. Right now only the original CO weapons and vehicles are supplied, thanks in advcance.

Recently I installed ACE 2 (1.3), extracted the userconfig for it to look like userconfig/ace/*.hpp. But when start I get this error:

ACE%20ERROR.JPG

Problem is, I don't even have that file (At first I thought I might just need to create/move some hpp files). How am I supposed to get this file? I googled but looked like no one has encountered this error before. Help please.

The 81mm mortar charges do not work .... please fix it.

Hi, does ACE disable the Kill Cam after your are killed in SP? Im recently playing thru Red Harvest again with ACE and although very enjoyable - I like to know what sneaky AI blew up my APC after driving around for an hour :p

If so, any way to re-enable it?

I'm kind of having a problem with gearing in briefing with ACE. When I pick a weapon from the briefing, my current weapon disappear and I cannot pick anything up from the briefing. I try to gear out and it doesn't work, it only removes my weaponry until I'm an unarmed man. Is this an ARMA issue or just ACE because it works fine in vanilla for me and same with CWR2.

Dont think this should be possible with ace frankly, in any case what happens is that my friend could take "carry" with interaction menu on the bike while i was on and run around with it. I have lil' video i made for my friends for laughs and one of them mentioned i should post it here, the language spoken is swedish so is the title but you can clearly see what is going on. What is not shown however is that later on while still "carrying" around me on the bike, he jumped into a truck and drove off and was teleported back out of the truck and the bike decided to self-destruct in an inappropiate manner, meaning in an massive explosion more suited for a larger vehicle.

Why tracked vehicles moving so slowly on ground, review a videos...

its stupid mistake, fix it please!

Edited by J-Guid

Jguid i don't think that's an appropriate manner for asking something.

Ace devs are not slaves,so please be more polite when asking for something.

Why tracked vehicles moving so slowly on ground, review a videos...

its stupid mistake, fix it please!

If you cannot ask something in a polite manner then do not ask something please.

I think I reported this before, but with the latest ACE update(s), the medic progress bars seem broken again. I initiate a medic action (bandage, epi, etc.) and the progress bar pops up for one second then disappears. The only way I can tell if I've finished the action is that sometimes the name of the player will flicker briefly as I am hovering the cursor over them.

It seems like every few updates the progress bars will get broken and then fixed again. Could this be a mission-specific issue? I've tried several and they all seem to exhibit the same behavior.

It seems like every few updates the progress bars will get broken and then fixed again.

Well, I'm not able to reproduce it. Ticket please with a repro mission.

Xeno

I think I reported this before, but with the latest ACE update(s), the medic progress bars seem broken again. I initiate a medic action (bandage, epi, etc.) and the progress bar pops up for one second then disappears. The only way I can tell if I've finished the action is that sometimes the name of the player will flicker briefly as I am hovering the cursor over them.

It seems like every few updates the progress bars will get broken and then fixed again. Could this be a mission-specific issue? I've tried several and they all seem to exhibit the same behavior.

Script lag has become a major issue in the last few betas, more so than it seems to have been in the past. A lot of critical elements in ACE rely on the SQF script scheduler to be running at an optimum speed, but this is often not the case (its quite easy now to get the script scheduler to have delays in loops that normally should only last a few seconds to last multiple minutes).

Script lag has become a major issue in the last few betas, more so than it seems to have been in the past.

It's not a script lag issue, Nou, as otherwise the progress bar would stay much longer than just simply vanishing immediately :)

Anyways, still needs a reliable repro mission (I'm simply not able to reproduce it on my slow PC here, no matter what I try).

Robalo and I have tested the same simple test mission. While he was able to reproduce it everytime I had no issues at all (like already written, even tested with teamswitch and whatnot).

And the only difference so far was that he is using Steam CO version while I'm using a non Steam version (though that can't be really the issue because we were both using the latest beta patch and exactly the same ACE version without filepatching).

Please use the following ticket and not the forums, thanks.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30990

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I step into a chopper door gunner seat with a rifle and a launcher.

The rifle goes into the chopper gear. The launcher vanishes into the aether, never to be seen again. It's not in the gear, not in the cargo, the chopper just eats it. Happens all the time in MP.

@maturin, +100, very annoing feature! :mad:

I assume there is already a ticket on it somewhere, given the universal rage this causes, but you never know.

@maturin, have you looked around on the ground for a bag with your name on it? That's where gear tends to go, in a ruck someplace near the aircraft. If I recall, it's to promote teamplay. I can say I love it, it's lowered the number of people who take a good combat aircraft, fly it to the AO and bale out and run solo without providing the least bit support or care (Even if the server limits vehicles/aircraft.)

I don't deny an option to disable that, but I feel those who tend to load up on heavy machine guns and rocket launchers who jump in a tank/aircraft could offer or request an option to disable it instead of raging for it to be removed lol

So my launcher gets stuck into a bag that didn't earlier exist and gets ejected from the aircraft? Why one earth doesn't it just go into the gear?!?

Breaking Newton's laws by vanishing valuable assets doesn't promote teamplay, it's a glitch.

Before it -used- to always go into a ruck on the ground that you can load into the Vehicle Cargo area. If there isn't a bag showing up on the ground outside the aircraft, then it is a bug. But if there is a bag appearing on the outside of the aircraft with your gear in it, then it isn't.

And making a comment about breaking Newton's Laws regarding gear vanishing XP Can argue 'Why would you take a launcher as a pilot of aircraft when it isn't SoP' XD (Not trying to argue, just trying to make a goofy joke lol)

This only happens if you take the pilot or crew chief seats. Everyone can agree it wouldn't be their role to carry launchers. Try and stick yourself in a chopper seat with a m136 on your back anyway. Plus you can put it yourself in the gearbox of the chopper before mounting up.

i also encounter this issue, voted on https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30990

@maturin, have you looked around on the ground for a bag with your name on it? That's where gear tends to go, in a ruck someplace near the aircraft. If I recall, it's to promote teamplay. I can say I love it, it's lowered the number of people who take a good combat aircraft, fly it to the AO and bale out and run solo without providing the least bit support or care (Even if the server limits vehicles/aircraft.)

I don't deny an option to disable that, but I feel those who tend to load up on heavy machine guns and rocket launchers who jump in a tank/aircraft could offer or request an option to disable it instead of raging for it to be removed lol

yes bag with name appears on ground with launcher inside. load into gear of veh b4 enter aircraft/chopper/etc that seats affected.

This only happens if you take the pilot or crew chief seats. Everyone can agree it wouldn't be their role to carry launchers. Try and stick yourself in a chopper seat with a m136 on your back anyway.

I'm not complaining about that.* I'm complaining about my launcher disappearing into thin air. Why does it not go into the chopper's gear or cargo?

Plus you can put it yourself in the gearbox of the chopper before mounting up.

And punishing us for not engaging in this utterly useless bit of un-fun, un-realistic drudgery by magical antimatter rays would be absurd. I dearly hope that it's a glitch.

*Even though the door gunners stand up and can easily have something mounted on their backs, and if there are no full-time door gunners, it is only rational to use the infantry to provide some fire on the way out of a hot LZ.

Edited by maturin