Page 58 of 291 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ACE for OA 1.13

Just last night I was hitting meter-wide targets from 2000m. M1 works pretty well on my end.
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

Nevermind (stupid question removed).
    Last edited by B00tsy; Apr 9 2012 at 12:21.

Can anyone please direct me to an explanation of A.C.Es laser designation system? I've been googleing for about an hour and I've got about 50 tutorials on how to fire hellfires from an apache but I'm at an absolute loss as to how you are supposed to use laser guided bombs or missiles on planes.

Specifically, how do you know if there is a laser target? What information is the green circle in the bottom right supposed to convey? If there's more than one laser how do you select the target as planes don't appear to have an MFD. How do you use LOAL, if I fire a missile directly at a laser someone else is pointing, in a open field with no obstructions I just get a No target message.

Make sure they're using a SOFLAM. Not any laser will work.
    "What's the range to the foot mobile?" "Oh I don't know I'd probably say.." * Gunshot * "He was at 1200M"

Dear ACE devs,

Is it possible to switch off or edit some ACE features ?
    Im talking about the T-72A and M.
    The first is the driver's posititon, the possibility of getting into the drivers pos from the commanders and gunners pos and back. You turn down the driver seat's backrest so you can get in the seat from the turret. Its true for the T-55 and the BMP-2 too ! The second is the main gun's horizontal stabilisation. When the tank is turning, the gun stays in its original position. Like at the T-72B. In the real life, and as in the vanilla ArmA 2, the 72A and -M has both things working.

Thanks guys !
    Last edited by Vilman; Apr 9 2012 at 10:11.

Please excuse me if this subject has been already covered but as long as I'm searching about it I'm getting more confused ...

So ... my basic question is ... I have a newly created vehicle (armored car) and I don't know how to make it be compatible with ACE ... is anyone able to help me on that ?

I suppose that some entries into my config will do this but I'm totally lost so I'm asking your help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. note that my intention is to make the vehicle ACE compatible but not dependent ... (I mean that the vehicle must be available also to anyone who is not using ACE).

P.S.2 also please note that I'm already using CBA and these info here http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes was not helpful for me (there is also a dead link in there at the "Addon Makers" part).

Aplion

Quote Originally Posted by Nike619 View Post
    Make sure they're using a SOFLAM. Not any laser will work.
    I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilman View Post
    Dear ACE devs,

Is it possible to switch off or edit some ACE features ?
    Im talking about the T-72A and M.
    The first is the driver's posititon, the possibility of getting into the drivers pos from the commanders and gunners pos and back. You turn down the driver seat's backrest so you can get in the seat from the turret. Its true for the T-55 and the BMP-2 too ! The second is the main gun's horizontal stabilisation. When the tank is turning, the gun stays in its original position. Like at the T-72B. In the real life, and as in the vanilla ArmA 2, the 72A and -M has both things working.

Thanks guys !
    I just read that it's possible to crawl into the turret from the driver's seat in the Abrams as well. There was a ticket about implementing time delays in seat switching. If they do that, we could expect them to restore the ability to switch to the driver's seat.

The truth is at the "deep swimming" of the tank. When the tank stucks in the bottom of the lake or river or etc. the crew floods the T-72 from its top to te bottom of the chassis. In that case, the driver must crawl from his seat to the gunners or to the commanders seat and then he can swim out of the flooded tank.

Hi there just a qiuck Q.

I am playing with ACE as normal and I have completed a mission now what I want to know is I have put my men in safe mode and I run ahead as I need to get to the chopper but damn they just walk slow they dont even try to keep up really.

Is there some thing with ACE causing this? as I know ACE changes a lot of the AI stuff?.

thanks

Page 58 of 291 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast