Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ARMA 2 Free - For Combined Ops Lite

ARMA 2 Free has received patch to v1.11 together with the ARMA 2 Original, and OA v1.60 patches.

From the beginning it was possible to use ARMA 2 Free to combine it with Operation Arrowhead, to get Combined Ops Lite.

Lite - because you are missing the ARMA 2 original campaign and missions and reduced texture quality.

This gives you the ability to join Combined Ops servers, albeit with somewhat reduced texture quality for the ARMA 2 original content. You do not need the campaigns and missions for multiplayer anyway.

This is especially useful for people not owning ARMA 2 original. But for full texture quality and full ARMA 2 original experience, you are still encouraged to buy the full game.

Full support for ARMA 2 Free is available in Six Updater, you can also download, install and update ARMA 2 Free, directly from within the Six Updater, Games section.

Check out the blog entry for more info: https://plus.google.com/104785560298357015306/posts/TxmbwrxA2FU

Edited by Sickboy

please note you still need the paid ARMA 2: OA ... this is not ARMA 2: CO Free :)

Well this is neat. I am surprised I didn't think of it already. Should work fine with any mods that require CO to.

A2 Free + OA not free = Will users have mod support this way? :)

So when I enlist people in my squad I'll just tell them to buy original OA and that's all? They'll be able to play with same mods but reduced texture quality, right?

A2 Free + OA not free = Will users have mod support this way? :)

So when I enlist people in my squad I'll just tell them to buy original OA and that's all? They'll be able to play with same mods but reduced texture quality, right?

AFAIK, yes.

I do not have A2 but I have A2f installed. I had bought OA and installed it before the A2f came out. I cannot see any attack choppers in MP game. Would it help if I uninstalled OA then reinstall because I had OA installed first???

OA.exe "-mod=x:\path\to\arma2;expansion"

OA.exe "-mod=x:\path\to\arma2;expansion"

:confused: what do i do with that ?

sry, didn't see the thread went to another page. I'm no comp wiz, i just like to game...how do i get the rpt file?

go to the page. click the link in the "location section". depending on your windows version look at the respective location on your system.

go to the page. click the link in the "location section". depending on your windows version look at the respective location on your system.

i did that but still have no idea how or where to get it...thx btw

hm do you have someone to ask (a real life person) who is good with computers?

it would make things a lot easier :)

hm do you have someone to ask (a real life person) who is good with computers?

it would make things a lot easier :)

yea, i'll find out and let ya know

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

i found it but i can't open it. looked for a place to upload it to here but didn't see anything.

You can open it with any text editor.

You can open it with any text editor.

testing

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

testing

hmm..won't let me post it without getting errors

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

could it be too big? it's a 2.5 MB file...there's alot on it

Thanks.

"-mod=x:\path\to\arma2;expansion"

You need to adjust the "x:\path\to\arma2" part to the real location of arma2/arma2 free, like:

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;expansion"

or

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free;expansion"

In other words you need to locate the path your arma2/arma2 free is installed to.

Thanks.

You need to adjust the "x:\path\to\arma2" part to the real location of arma2/arma2 free, like:

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;expansion"

or

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free;expansion"

In other words you need to locate the path your arma2/arma2 free is installed to.

i've tried different target lines and nothing helps, tried the one u just sent and nothing again...no idea...thx

a) where is the arma2 free installed at? tell us the location please

b) post your rpt again from your new attempts

ms_steahlth; Perhaps try installing ARMA2 Free through Six Updater: http://www.six-updater.net/2011/12/arma-2-111-and-oa-160-patch-arma-2-free.html

After startup, enable Advanced mode, go to Games tab, right click ARMA2 Free and select Install/Update.

Then, once completed, left up in the Run updater menu (green button), select Launch the game, which should launch ARMA 2 OA, and auto detect and load ARMA 2 Free.

a) where is the arma2 free installed at? tell us the location please

b) post your rpt again from your new attempts

it's installed just like you posted. program files, BI (which has both a2f and OA folders). will post rpt again on other site.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

it's installed just like you posted. program files, BI (which has both a2f and OA folders). will post rpt again on other site.

http://ifile.it/mqfk084/arma2oa.RPT