Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Radeon 7970 released - ARMA 2 Performance Gains

I thought having ATOC=7 in the armaOA.cfg file could cause some shiny vegetation (I edited ATOC down and it helped).

cj
    cjph
    The Combat Cardigan
    2500K@4.7GHz/7950 WF@1100-6000/16Gb DDR3/Win7 64/500Gb WD HDD;250Gb & 64Gb SSD/600W PSU/5040x1050 Eyefinity

Honestly can't say Im too happy with this card as far as Arma is concerned. I deleted Cfg; reduced Atoc to 0 as well as the PPAA's etc... and vegetation is still shimmers like crazy in Chernarus. Not fun in the middle of an MP battle to have everything around you distracting you to no end. I even lowered everything to default and disabled AA in both game and CCC - still problems.

*sigh* I'll try and stay patient for a while with this one but honestly my old 460 SLI allowed me to jack every setting up to max without a hitch...starting to get that sinking feeling...
    ~The bearly literate pugilist~
    MP: Black Amish

Spoiler:

I think the 680GTX will be very popular with Arma 3

We only have around 2.5months until community Alpha

can't say i'm also much happy with my 6970, i'm playing with old geforce 8800gt now, normal texture details and 1330x resolution from 1920, and the game feels lot smoother, i think arma is more nvidia optimized then ATI.

I hear you - Im seriously considering just throwing my 1 working 460 back in.

So here is a pic of how FUBAR'ed the vegetation is. (Too tired now to resize)

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...3-11-30-03.jpg

Trust me, it's worse in person then maybe looks here. This is on 100% Res/no AA whatsoever, all PPAA settings set to 0 as well as ATOC set to 0. Making matters worse is everytime I try a different driver (full uninstall/clean etc..) my.NetFramework gets corrupted (even after Windows re-install) and that breaks the CCC. Have tried pretty much all drivers now.

Seriously tiresome....

I guess that's the problem with using the latest tech. I remember my SLI'd 8800GTX's being rubbish for over a year when Vista first came out, but after that they were awesome. In fact, they are still going strong in my spare rig and handle most things I throw at them.

The drivers will get better. I hated my HD5970 OC when I first got it, but with 12.2 they are finally performing well.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Quote Originally Posted by froggyluv View Post
    I hear you - Im seriously considering just throwing my 1 working 460 back in.

So here is a pic of how FUBAR'ed the vegetation is. (Too tired now to resize)

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...3-11-30-03.jpg

Trust me, it's worse in person then maybe looks here. This is on 100% Res/no AA whatsoever, all PPAA settings set to 0 as well as ATOC set to 0. Making matters worse is everytime I try a different driver (full uninstall/clean etc..) my.NetFramework gets corrupted (even after Windows re-install) and that breaks the CCC. Have tried pretty much all drivers now.

Seriously tiresome....
    I have a 7970 and same exact problem.
    Low FPS and GPU usage in multiplayer? Vote it up http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26297
    I44 Dynamic Cooperative Missions, Day of Days + Night of Nights http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...45#post2410845

is anyone can tell me actual fps when flying over chernarus in editor with vd10 km and app mod driver setting 1920 1080 on these new cards ? or may be on 6 series cards ?
    thanks

Thanks for posting the intel on the new card. This one is definitely on my radar.
    It has enough of a power increase to make it a noticeable upgrade and enough Ram for triple screen play.

I'm currently trying to um and ahh about it as long as possible to see if Nvidia come out with a single GPU card with native triplescreen (or more!) support. Plus I have to convince Mrs Baff to leave me so that I don't have to spend the money on her instead.
    I bought a geforce 6800 once, instead of her engagement ring. * hope I'm never drunk enough to confess that to her.
    So I'm kind of hoping that I'll be budgeting for the end of summer and may get a looksie at a new Nvidia offering in before shelling out.

Ideally, I'd like something with a little more RAM than this for Arma so I could ramp up the texture detail or maybe add more screens into the mix.
    Nerdishly, I love teh textures.
    Last edited by Baff1; Mar 21 2012 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by PuFu View Post
    the card is up to 30% faster than the 1.5gb GTX580
    This is not important.

More important is know if ARMA is optimized for Radeon HD7970 and if drivers it's OK. I guess not. I see ARMA running better on NV cards.
    www.combatetatico.com.br

Core i7-4770K - MSI-GD65 - ASUS HD 7970 DCU2-TOP - 12GB

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast