Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Please share your 1.60 impressions

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    BIS have done yet another awesome job. Not many businesses out there that do the awesome things that you do. Keep it up.

ALL HAIL SOVIET UNION BIS!!!!!
    My custom missions:
    TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ration-Pegasus
    TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-Convoy-Attack
    A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...48#post2182048
    Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...72#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

Do you recommend installing RC6 or waiting another day or two? :]
    IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

Don't book a trip to Altis. There are no women living there at all! #Arma3Tips
    Update Oct 12: Internal test of many new islands in progress with my team...

Hi,

I was playing 1.59 until about two weeks ago so I remeber the dark days alright. Last weekend we had a session of warfare with RC1 and it played very, very good. No more warping AI or players which was probably the biggest issue for most. Now you actually can snipe.
    Performance was not much better in terms of FPS (wasnt expecting to be better) but it felt a bit smoother. Too bad wrong DLC signatures issue ruined the experiance for us.
    I play the campaigns once in a while as well so I appreciate fixes and improvements in that department as well.
    This weekend we will have another session with the latest RC. I will try to post some more feedback.

Thank you very much guys for another great patch. Happy holidays.

We were limited on what we could test in regards 1.6.

1. We stuck to testing betas so that we ensure backwards compatibility. Quite frankly the amount of RC`s that were pushed scared us of. As a large group its difficult enough to coordinate so many different mods let alone RC`s and betas. SU helped a lot

2. The impressions we have during MP testing with 1.6 betas have been excellent. Faster loading into missions, smoother game play which slowly improved with each beta.

3. My last point is we have become so reliant on ACRE for enhanced game play that unless there was a Jayarma2lib that was compatible we didn`t update.

Awesome to be involved in developing OUR game, glad to have a company so supportive to its customers !

BIS have a Great Christmas - but your on next years naughty list if you don`t release the 1.6 patch before Christmas

Have a good one

Good patch, smooth MP, better AI - but unfortunately some glaring issues with AI are still there
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

It feels like playing a new game. Not only did the Team fix known Bugs, but the new Patch also introduces very much welcomed new Features no one really asked for, like FXAA.
    The performance and AI improvements are breathtaking.
    Never have I seen a developer more dedicated to bring his game to perfection than BIS.
    And never have I seen a Developer that works so closely together with its community and gives so much support to it.

Arma OA has become the best and most realistic military simulator available.

You may quote me on all of this wherever you like

I wish you all the best

Tonci Tomasovic
    Last edited by Tonci87; Dec 22 2011 at 00:33.
    Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don┬┤t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. www.Brigade2010.de

Let me put it this way: I actually played the single player with the RC of 1.60! AI is much smarter, moving to cover, crawling through holes etc.

I've only really played online. My biggest impressions were around the warping and desync lag that would occur.

Other things that I really like is the helicopter auto hover fix and the speed increase that seems to have happened.

Thank you very much BIS!

I feel the CIT was used effectively during the process. There were lots of people finding all sorts of regressions and you used the feedback effectively to fix the things that broke.

On that note, it seems the majority of people who tested the beta reported issues correctly on the CIT, which is always nice to see.

The main improvement for me was on MP. Multiplayer pissed me off before with all the warping and I grew to hate playing it. As Tonci87 mentioned, it feels like a (new) game now and I've been enjoying hopping on to random servers to join in on a few co-ops. Even when I (inevitably) die, it's a pleasant experience now for the camera to follow one of my team mates around while they do their thing. No Jerk-o-vision!

There's some nice touches as well like adding ground effect to choppers and planes. I still don't fly anything though because of the non-proportional throttle/collective, but that's more of a personal preference and is out of the remit of this thread.

It's easy to forget some of the improvements as they are legion. I guess that some of the people who buy the game now will take the new AI for granted (like it should have been like that anyway), but it should be remembered that you've made massive improvements and watching them lean round a corner instead of laying prone and pointing at a wall, or crawling under a fence instead of ghosting through it is a huge leap forward.

Overall it's excellent and I'm recommending some of my IL2 people to pick up Arrowhead. I will enjoy playing the game now and look forward to what you are doing with 1.61 (SMAA *cough*)
    Oblig sig

nearestLocation [(getPos player), "nameCity"];

Yay!

I love 1.60

It really improved the multiplayer a lot.

Missions are loading much, much faster. Starting a mission is now a matter of 5-10 seconds, instead of 30-60 seconds.

No more lags when a new player is connecting... well... basically... NO LAGS AT ALL. If i'm in a vehicle that is driven by somebody else, it's smooth as it gets. It's like i'm driving myself in SP. Perfectly fluid. It was okay before, but now it's perfect!

And, of course, the AI warping is finally gone. Perfectly smooth movements, even over rather large distances.

I give it 5 / 5 bananas

Thanks BIS!

Thank you for this patch it is amazing,

This patch will get Project Reality back online with atleast 200-350 players online fighting, we can't wait for 1.60 as the whole PR community has been waiting for these MP fixes.

Cheers BIS.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast