Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87546 (1.60 MP build)

Can someone please test some fixes to confirm that some fixes bugs were fixed? ;)

Can someone please test some fixes to confirm that some fixes were fixed? ;)
You don't fix fixes but bugs :D

Pretty bad for you as lang-nzi :)

Can someone please test some fixes to confirm that some fixes bugs were fixed? ;)

only these mentioned on CIT, i'm atm busy to find all that

You don't fix fixes but bugs :D

Pretty bad for you as lang-nzi :)

Heh, yeah I just realized that. Fixed the bug in my post. :D

only these mentioned on CIT, i'm atm busy to find all that

Is understandable of course, crunch time before patch roll out etc. ;)

I was just poking fun. :)

anyone can confirm lag/desync in 1.60.87546 servers?

Is it just me, or is the AI again making excessive use of binoculars ?

Is it just me, or is the AI again making excessive use of binoculars ?

My best bet is, that it was tested against a server build not including the binoc fixes.

I could be wrong(because my scripting knowledge is limited),but are the trigger conditions more fussy?I thought I have used conditions like [this && !alive obj1 and !alive obj2 or !alive obj3] in the past and they have worked.I also have a hard time getting triggers to repeat in some conditions.I may be mistaken and just thought my stuff was working before when it wasn't lol.Just thought I would mention it.Love the patch progress btw.Just awesome! While i'm here I'll say a big Thankyou to Sickboy for the awesome ACE/Sixupdater! Ohh and Dwarden does a fabulous job with the community :) (I usually post in steam forums) .

Edited by cotabucky

My best bet is, that it was tested against a server build not including the binoc fixes.

No, it was a hosted game, both clients and server current beta.

Any details / repro mission?

Not really, just the observation that in a five-man team with four AI, there's a good chance that at least one of them has a binocular out. It's not really a problem, when they do that in "downtimes", but they do it while walking, and even when they are ordered to board a vehicle. In one instance, I ordered three AI's to enter a chopper, and all three of them ran towards the chopper, then stopped, took out their binocs, and continued after they had their share of scanning the area.

Unfortunately, it's hard to reproduce. Put them on a map, and just watch them, and they won't. After some time, they start with it. I'll keep an eye out for it to see if something (like being under fire the first time) triggers it.

I have no idea whether this is in any way related, but as I can confirm the overuse of Binoculars, I have made one observation: At least for me (the client) and IIRC also for the server, they didn't use their Binoculars but rather their NVG's... they took them out just like a Rangefinder, held them in front of their eyes, and then stowed them away.

This was the same hosted game that Varanon referred to, and if I try to think back now they seem to always use the NVG's as binoculars, but this is only since this or the previous patch - at least I never noticed it before.

Like I said, I am not sure whether that is of any relevance. Dunno if this is worth raising a ticket.