Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87524

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[87497] Changed: Default maxPacketSize reduced from 1490 to 1400 to improve compatibility with exotic MTU settings (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9719)

[87496] Fixed: Player state transferred corrently even for distant players (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27200)

[87495] New: -malloc=system can be used to force using Windows allocator even when allocator dlls are present.

:rolleyes:

Noticed a bug where friendly AI unit (from another group) shot my group member that had got in captured enemy car (with mg) as gunner. Else looks good. :)

Noticed a bug where friendly AI unit (from another group) shot my group member that had got in captured enemy car (with mg) as gunner. Else looks good. :)
I would not call that a bug, but a lack of information for A.I. In my opinion this behaviour is spot on because it's still an enemy vehicles that suddntly goes active. How often do Human players in MP shoot at captured vehicles...one out of two times for the same reason.

Thats definitely true, I just hope its not happen always. And especially when AI is near seeing re-use of the enemy vehicle.

This beta seems to work very smooth, but in one of my custom mission (with probably around 200 AI's) an autosave just stopped working after about 1 hour play. It have happened sometimes before too in the same mission (at the quite same spot), but quite rarely. No idea why (there is no error messages). Here is the last rows of RPT, just in case it says anything:

Array index out of range
Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolCZ/: Missing word Zavarak
Speaker Male06 not found, patched to default Male01EN
Message template GRT_Query4_EN not found in core_en
Error 'Bad file structure' at ''.
ErrorMessage: Cannot load 'C:\Users\Santeri\Documents\ArmA 2\UserSaved\missions\CaMission5.takistan\autosave.ArmA2OASave'.

It created a bidmp file when crashing to desktop. Here it is with RPT just in case:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21104029/AutoSaveCrashfiles.7z

Edited by SaOk

[87495] New: -malloc=system can be used to force using Windows allocator even when allocator dlls are present.

Yay, perhaps that'll fix my endless crashing with these latest betas. What's the command to just use Windows instead of the terr3 or whatever that keeps showing up in my crash reports?

Yay, perhaps that'll fix my endless crashing with these latest betas. What's the command to just use Windows instead of the terr3 or whatever that keeps showing up in my crash reports?

the command is

-malloc=system

You read it yet You miss it :confused::D

and the crashes are unrelated to mallocs in 99% cases

Edited by Dwarden

i dont know why but, the complete My documents folder is shown in my proflie selection screen and all my button configurations are messed up..

[edit]

im using the beta witch latest RC i dont know if this is even possible

its been a long time since i last played this game.

but did a fresh installation of Arma 2 CO

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

huh , can you please explain what you mean? screenshot or so?

arma2oa2011122213391426.png

im using the latest Release candidate + this beta

this is wat my shortcut looks like:

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -malloc=system

so maybe im doing something very wrong but i got a warning messege on start up about .profilepath something

all my configurations were not like my setup and this was wat my profile page looked like so i deleted it all

and today i just replicated the same for this screenshot

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba