Sign in to follow this  
gammadust

SOPA - Internet as we know it about to be gone?

Hi All (in walker's good tradition)

The Anti-Internet Bill has NOT Been Postponed To 2012 … The Committee Members Who Support SOPA Sneakily Changed the Hearing Date to December 21st, Trying to Trick the American People Into Thinking It Was Over Until After the Holidays So We Won’t Fight Back! - (more)

This in part answers colossus question in another thread

But I tought SOPA by itself should justify a thread of it's own (mods feel free to judge otherwise, pls be attentative to the following reason also).

Why should anyone care about it? It does affect the internet censorship policy as a whole and internationally (not only in the US where the bill is being under appreciation).

More info and action here.

Also: This Cynical Brit episode as gone totally viral in less than a day of upload (surprisingly or not?)

JhwuXNv8fJM

Edited by gammadust

Wow, I really hope that this can be stoped. I really hate those Lobbyists

There's a rumor that some countries like Iran, China or other non-NATO are making their own network protocol, or "NationNet" in slang. Only the people in this country can use it, and cannot be transmitted to the outside. Dunno if that's another kind of censorship which is not able to be "spread" so that we cannot know what are they censoring. The SOPA is just blocking American themselves, but not the outsiders.

Edited by Dysta

if it passes, it will mean the end of youtube and most sites that show or expose new media that isnt apart of the big 4. Practicly anything that has infringement or the possiblity of infringement will be blocked. Thats really bad :(

Im hoping it doesn't pass, information should be free and thats why the web exists today.

I mean come on Universal, Brittney Spears and Lady Gaga are not going to cut it for me, stop shoving this stuff down my throat and telling me to listen to it and like it. same with EA telling me to play Battlefield, I already played bf2, how many more times do you want me to play bf2?

Internet and especially YouTube and other platforms is like that for quite a while when you live in germany. Every third klick brings me this:

The video you have requested is not available for your region.

Internet censorship is already around for years, welcome to ne new age brethren and don't forget: Ignorance is strenght.

H-o-l-y s-h-i-t... this is one of the few moments where I find the term "1984" to be actually useful.

Hi. Old but funny:

5ElE2yXjO9M

Frankly all on this video can loose job and I will not give a single f*ck.

Well they are working for some years now to censor the Internet. It's the only thing the USA lobbyists are not controlling for the time being. But they are working to change that and if this bill will pass we will see more and more restrictions and more control on news.

The only source they couldn't control until now was the Internet and they are going to change that. The NWO is accelerating speed to expand their control on everything.:mad:

Well they are working for some years now to censor the Internet. It's the only thing the USA lobbyists are not controlling for the time being. But they are working to change that and if this bill will pass we will see more and more restrictions and more control on news.

The only source they couldn't control until now was the Internet and they are going to change that. The NWO is accelerating speed to expand their control on everything.:mad:

As I was trying to pouijt out..its not only in the USA...the EU is already censoring...abnd germany is even ahead of the rest of EU. Internet blocking for differnt reasons, even political ones on adjudication order is in discussion and it is already know that the police has infected soem computers with a trojan to spy them...including journalists...

I don't want to appear panicking but the StaSi (GDR secret service) could have only dreamed of such measures. And no, there is no craing out loud of the masses..indeed the majority does not care or even does support this measures.

I'm aware about Germany being ahead on censorship of the Internet here in Europe, I'm German myself, even I live in Italy. Why for Pete's sake everything is so f***ed up is beyond my understanding. The majority doesn't care because they most probably don't know better. A lot of people still blindly believes in what the mainstream media is feeding to them.

hi nettruckerm you know, it's all to protect us and our children from bad people on the dark side of the net.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

hi nettruckerm you know, it's all to protect us and our children from bad people on the dark side of the net. Mama and Papa will care for us first, and then will go on and bless the rest of Europe with the mighty purse of Deutsche Bank.

And let's not forget about the grey old man in the wheelchair who started it.

Thanks for posting the links I'll gonna have a read asap. Yeah I won't forget the grey old man since he declared once that the EU has become a reallity due to his personal engagement on that matter in question. He oughta get shot for that. LOL:D

Thanks for posting the links I'll gonna have a read asap. Yeah I won't forget the grey old man since he declared once that the EU has become a reallity due to his personal engagement on that matter in question. He oughta get shot for that. LOL:D
When I opened this post a "you are found to be involved in terrorism" warning popped up, Police will be here soon;)

I believe there are not enough prisons to contain all the people who are discending in one way or another.:)

In any case BOT (back on topic) Rockfeller wanted the Internet to be shut sown already some years ago, because they just can't control it. IMO the USA has too much influence in Europe. They demand and order and our politicians jump, because they don't have any backbone to say no, to such kind of utter nonsense proposals.

Edited by nettrucker

We will see what the future brings. Just a year ago I talked it over with a friend and coplayer that one of the safes way to train for a assasination would be to use ArmA as a tool and VoIP for the plannign talks.

I read in the forums the US military uses something similar called the VBS ;)

Maybe we are already in a prison on a daily basis but dont realise it yet .... hmmmm, food for thought :) Prison without bars as they say.

The plan was to always suck everyone onto a computer and then dump on it with security and tracking, perfect really.

Maybe we are already in a prison on a daily basis but dont realise it yet .... hmmmm, food for thought :) Prison without bars as they say.

The plan was to always suck everyone onto a computer and then dump on it with security and tracking, perfect really.

Yeah, and last tiem I was camping out our allyears "terrorcamp" (we used to call it that way since 1993) on a place called "The Canyon" we had two Super Pumas flying over us in search pattern formation at night...Guess what´, I really got a bit paranoid because I posted the "terrorcamp" date in some local scene forums.

While I don´t agree with some of his Ideas, I certainly do with this one

OVYhwKu7J5E

Even more this:

aCkX0KcNwrI

Well it's no surprise this is happening. It's not all about Copyright. Copyright is also another tool to censor media incriminating to the US government from reaching an audience in which it will have a profound impact...the American tax payers and voters , as well as a global audience.

Youtube has enough credible evidence and investigative documentary's about 911 (amongst the crap of course) to warrant a new independent investigation. This will not be allowed to happen. For example, the work of Architects and Engineers for 911 truth.

Uploaded on Youtube are documentary's by real Journalists like John pilger and Robert Fisk whom expose Misconduct and brutality by the US military as well as the crusader and expansionist aspirations of right wing US politicians, Zionists and the Israeli government, (the same group of people that engineered the Iraq war and are trying to lay a bum rap on Iran). Censoring youtube is of high priority because of how wide an audience can be reached as opposed to obscure websites in dark corners of the internet.

Imagine if the US public knew more about the ethnic cleansing of Palestine and simultaneous birth of Israel and continued oppression and brutality toward the Palestinians. Or perhaps zionist terrorist acts like the Bombing of the King David hotel whilst dressed as Arabs, or the Lavon Affair, or the Attack on the USS Liberty in an attempt to fool the US in to attacking Egypt, or how about the Mossad operatives caught on 911 with vans full of explosives, later released back to Israel on immigration violation charges. Or the power of AIPAC a foreign agent in the US... How many Americans bar the Christian zionists, will allow their tax dollars to be given to Israel, whom cannot survive economically without it?.

We have also seen the power of the internet with the "Arab spring" protest and revolutions as well as the occupy movement. This is just to scary for our keepers, hence Sopa is the beginning of the end. It's ok we will just have to take it to the streets.

Edited by freeman83

Hi all

On the matter of censorship disguised as copyright.

Universal missused the copyright protection function of Youtube to take down an advertising Jingle to which it had no copyright, to prevent a company it is in dispute with from advertising:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075259/Censorship-row-Universal-Music-Group-suggests-make-YouTube-video-doesnt-like.html

When Google and YouTube found out they put the video back up and told Unversal where to shove it, but Universal are busy trying to claim they can censor anything they do not like on YouTube, hardly surprising then that so many musicians film makers and artists are saying not in my name and that now this censored advertising Jingle looks set to be the Christmas No. 1!

K9caPFPQUNs

OVYhwKu7J5E

aCkX0KcNwrI

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Damn, not trying to get into a debate about electronic piracy, but I can't see how it may trouble the phonographic industry. The people that get pirated copies of products are exactly the people that would not buy the original cause they lack the money to do so.

The branding and the exagerated taxes elevates the prices to such levels that only a minority would buy originals anyway. And even this way, the profit is so high that the industry doesn't bother in changing their formula.

The independent developers emerged with the web and are opening new ways of selling, innovating.

It's not only about softwares and music/movies, it's about media, communications, everything.

I admit that less piracy 'could' resut in less taxes and lesser prices, but the way capitalism is directing the world, this may prove wrong.

Not all people believe in copyright ;)

ask the chinese.

Youtube has enough credible evidence and investigative documentary's about 911 to warrant a new independent investigation.

Imagine if the US public knew more about the ethnic cleansing of Palestine and simultaneous birth of Israel and continued oppression and brutality toward the Palestinians.
Mossad operatives caught on 911 with vans full of explosives

This is why the internet can't have nice things