Sign in to follow this  
gammadust

SOPA - Internet as we know it about to be gone?

[YOUTUBE]OMFMYh0aVBA[YOUTUBE]

LOL

"Destroying the internet, not a big deal. She didn't eat peanut butter, massive. Embarrassing."

It is pretty pathetic some of the things that news outlets pass off as "News".

Hi all

The Story you get from the video Hans Ludwig posted is absolute and irrefutable proof that the existing Journalists for all the traditional big US news networks Censor the news on behalf of their masters, they do not even have to be told to do it. There is no need to censor the news, the Journalists minds are already pre censored.

Kind Regards walker

makes you wander why youtube /facebook aren't going black.

oh wait - they're big companies too now? too much revenue loss? dáááh... :j:

Umm...try www.google.com

Google is against SOPA. Google owns YouTube. SOPA would have a huge effect on YouTube and Facebook. Just because they aren't "blacking out" their website does not mean they are not against it.

Qua? http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/18/10177219-wikipedia-goes-dark-on-piracy-bill-protest-day Can't say about facebook...don't use it.

Also guys don't focus entirerly on SOPA, don't forget protect IP is still out there, whereupon fansites such as say armaholic could be taken down because they feature content from a company's product....which I hope Bohemia would not do but there's an example for you, any fan sites you like going to or hell even youtube would be threatened by this. Enjoy Lets plays, game tournaments, walkthroughs etc? Protect IP would still threaten that.

In another manner this could also be potentially disasterous for addon makers, images of weapons and vehicles, blueprints and things of that nature could fall under said act and companies in response could have the authority to remove them.

Also while youtube does not appear to be blacking out, users can apparently black out their pages if they so desire. http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

Edited by NodUnit

The US should invade the US and bring liberty and freedom of speech.

But then the US would be labelled a terrorist for invading the US and so would begin the War on the US...I wonder how many NATO countries would be willing to help the US deal with the US..

Well there you go, problem solved. :biggrin_o: :tongue:

Still early morning in the US, but it shouldn't be too long before a couple of other sites shuts down. Reddit is going dark in just under three hours. Not sure about Facebook though, anyone got a clue? *Answered earlier, we'll just have to wait and see then.

Edited by colossus

Imagine the blue on blue.

Call me a conspiracist.

Really its my only form of indentity, but isnt SOPA like a distraction thing? I mean its slow, right in our face and easy to get rid off.

Its not like SOPA is a bunch of people, its a weapon represented by these bunch of people. And SOPA is so clear and over the top and has called up such a large number of combatants against it that it seems like its just a scheme.

It could just be considered a first strike to see who jumps out of what hole and then have a bomber bomb those holes, a diversion for another attack or easing people as a opening to a less horrid bill.

Everything is in place we have the internet people going RAHRAHRAH. So the crowd is definantly distracted. We think we have a clear enemy but really are just fighting symptons of a greater problem. And the moment this SOPA is gone and everyone is celebrating what stopping these guys to sneak past some bills with nasty fine print?

Edited by DonMigel

+1

Someone needs to slap these fucktards around...

a diversion for another attack or easing people as a opening to a less horrid bill.

You mean like protect IP, which while not as severe could essentially do the same thing?

Hi all

For the English Speaking World http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page is now Dark a glimpse of what the Internet will be like if Murdoch and his ilk have their way.

Stop SOPA an PIPA now or else in short while the internet will be a dark and forbidding ghost town just like this site will be today.

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

For the English Speaking World http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page is now Dark a glimpse of what the Internet will be like if Murdoch and his ilk have their way.

Stop SOPA an PIPA now or else in short while the internet will be a dark and forbidding ghost town just like this site will be today.

Kind Regards walker

Much worse than that, RPS is off: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ :mad:

Chances are many sites will be blacked out today, at least I hope so.

I hope so too. How many hours until BIS is going to blackout?

I hope so too. How many hours until BIS is going to blackout?

Ten minutes.

Kudos to BIS for joining the war ;) out site will be down for couple hours more.

Thank you Bohemia and everyone for participating in the protest, from what I hear the news is looking good!

The White House is against it, and from what I hear, President Obama would veto it if required. But I'm not 100% sure if I read it correctly.

Thank you BIS.

Looks like my senator decided to knock it off (rubio).

Did the quicky email on Wikipedia's page.

This shit passes there's going to be mayhem especially when the people who don't pay attention finally find out what its going to mean to them personally.

Wrote my Senators today - nobody puts baby BI in a corner!

Oh and for the record, I don't ever want to see my name aligned with 4Chan and BoingBoing again :mad: