Hi fellow scripters,
Initially we had hoped to release the major upgrade to our scripting technology with Patch 1.03, but we were not able to get it fully implemented in time. Therefore we're pushing the ability to use Java to the next patch
Java is available since beta patch rev. 89707 (documentation)
Why is this awesome™?
- Using a widespread, proven and robust language with loads of documentation and tutorials.
- Using IDEs such as NetBeans and Eclipse for development and debugging.
- Using Object-Oriented programming architecture and design.
- Using generally much higher performance script execution.
- Using many standard Java libraries instead of reinventing the wheel.
Note: this will not replace SQF scripting, so the transition should be smooth.