Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ WIP Thread (contains lots of images)

Hi.

Since I don't want to spam the Work-In-Progress thread, I thought I'd start a thread myself. We'll be putting up some images of the weapons we're currently working on. To start off, here's a couple of screens from the Remington ACR.

I've reworked the A-TACS camo a bit and added black, woodland and winter versions. Also, the backup sights are new (using the Magpul MBUS). So far, the pack contains 120 variants of the ACR:

• Four camos (A-TACS, black, woodland and winter)
  • Silenced/non-silenced versions
  • Different sights: Iron Sight, Aimpoint, Eotech, Eotech+Magnifier, ACOG (TWS and marksman variants to come)
  • All variants with both flashlight and laser. Only one of them is functional (should be able to make an ACE config to switch, memory points are always in). Gl versions don't have flashlights.
  • All variants have either front grip or M-320 grenade launcher.

First, A-TACS camo. Units by Binkowski (click for larger images)

arma2oa2011121502363104.th.pngarma2oa2011121502365117.th.pngarma2oa2011121502372387.th.pngarma2oa2011121502392411.th.pngarma2oa2011121502403490.th.png

More to come. Comments welcome :)

Looking really nice. Have you thought of doing the Magpul Massoud? it's basically the same thing but uses 7.62x51 rounds

Very nice weapon. Do you plan to add a model with double magazine or heavy one?

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Looking really nice. Have you thought of doing the Magpul Massoud? it's basically the same thing but uses 7.62x51 rounds

Not at the moment, the whole package will contain Remington guns only for the time being. I might throw in an ACR with a AK magazine well and caliber. These currently all use the Remington 6.8 SPC round.

Do you plan to add a model with double magazine or heavy one?

Current magazine sizes are 17, 25, and 30 rounds. Maybe the AK mags, but I am not sure about that yet. I don't want to get into feature creep ;)

A batch of new images. These are the winter camo versions. Screenshots are in PNG format (sorry about that, will go for JPEG in the future).

Units by Schnapsdrossel. Island is the great Thirsk by Raunhofer.

arma2oa2011121601161867.th.pngarma2oa2011121601163741.th.pngarma2oa2011121601165970.th.pngarma2oa2011121601171971.th.png

Current magazine sizes are 17, 25, and 30 rounds. Maybe the AK mags, but I am not sure about that yet. I don't want to get into feature creep ;)

Thank you for the answer. :)

Some new variant. This is the ACR DMR version with an 18" barrel

arma2oa2011121722254509.th.jpgarma2oa2011121722101830.th.jpg

Very nice. The suppressor on the snow camo one looks a little small though, or is that how it's supposed to be?

I'll compare the size of the suppressor again. I modeled it after a side view photo of the ACR, so I thought the size was correct, but it might be that there was a slight perspective distortion in the picture.

Going to try find out the real-life dimensions of the thing.

Thanks for the feedback,guys :)

EDIT: Yeah it's too small. Length is okay but it is too thin. I'll blow it up a bit.

Edited by Alwarren

Here's a few new shots of the MSR, now with a thermal scope (and different camos):

arma2oa2011121816182726.th.jpgarma2oa2011121815592684.th.jpgarma2oa2011121723055362.th.jpg

Edited by Varanon

Looking great indeed. Was just curious, are you going to add more detail to the bipod? Something like a Harris bipod for example.

Looking great indeed. Was just curious, are you going to add more detail to the bipod? Something like a Harris bipod for example.

I'm not sure yet. The model already has some 8000 faces, so I'm not sure if I should add more.

I could try to make one and see how many faces it will give..

Look Amazing, Ill be more than willing to test them out if you would like testers. Will the dual sights be availible without ace or will that be an ace only thing? Great work though.

Look Amazing, Ill be more than willing to test them out if you would like testers. Will the dual sights be availible without ace or will that be an ace only thing? Great work though.

A bit early for testing, we'd like to touch up a bit on some thing still (more weapons to come, a few kinks in the models to iron out). There's a lot of movement right now in the mod.

Regarding the dual sights, they are all using the alternative sight switching in Operation Arrowhead... so there's no need for ACE.

Ok, so let me get this right so im not confused anymore. This includes ACR's in diffrent camos, barrel lengths, and custimization features, MSR's in 3 camos. And your saying you can put more in here, what exactly can you add lol, you have just about everything except pistols and a LMG of some kind. Man, I cant wait for these. They look so nicley done and finished. Looking at your pictures they are flawless, no clip issues that I can see and excelent textures.

Ok, so let me get this right so im not confused anymore. This includes ACR's in diffrent camos, barrel lengths, and custimization features, MSR's in 3 camos. And your saying you can put more in here, what exactly can you add lol, you have just about everything except pistols and a LMG of some kind.

We're planning to have the ACR, MSR, RSASS and the RGP in the pack.

Man, I cant wait for these. They look so nicley done and finished. Looking at your pictures they are flawless, no clip issues that I can see and excelent textures.

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

wow, there rifles are really beautiful gaga, can't wait to have sex with it.

Woa, that sounds disturbing :D

New variant of the ACR. This is a CQB version with a 10 inch barrel, laser or flashlight, front grip, fully collapsed stock, and tubeless reflex sight:

arma2oa2011122116222526.th.jpg

(this is the silenced variant, with the new larger suppressor). I thought that the reflex sight would be more practical on a CQB weapon since it doesn't obscure as much as an Aimpoint or Eotech.

I was working on a CQB variant with an M26 shotgun attachment, but I couldn't get the shadows right, so I scrapped that for the time being. I might revisit it later, but I really want to get the ACR finished, there are now around 90+ different models with a totall of 150 or so variants for the ACR alone, and 24 (IIRC) versions of the MSR.

P.S. Does anybody know whether it is possible to use the current sight setting (i.e. normal scope or backup sight) as an animation source? I wanted the CQB version to be able to switch the shape of the reticule like the real-life conterpart, and also swivel the Eotech scope up or down depending on the setting, but I don't think that it is possible without a custom scripting solution.

Edited by Alwarren

Very nice. Think an aimpoint or eotech would look better on it though. They're more common on the battlefield anyway.

Very nice. Think an aimpoint or eotech would look better on it though. They're more common on the battlefield anyway.

True, but then, the ACR is not fielded (to the best of my knowledge) by anyone right now... I'll think about the Eotech, but I really want to get the ACR finished and move on ;)

True, but then, the ACR is not fielded (to the best of my knowledge) by anyone right now... I'll think about the Eotech, but I really want to get the ACR finished and move on ;)

Very true, it isn't fielded by anyone other than civilians to my knowledge. Guess it's just a personal preference on my part. Anyway, big fan of this weapon, really looking forward to playing around with these once they're done. :)

Yet another update. This is the ACR in a two-color brown with a TWS. The TWS variant is the only one in this color, and I don't think I'll be making any more (it's too bad that named selections don't seem to work on weapons).

arma2oa2011122401383692.th.jpgarma2oa2011122401351156.th.jpg

I think I am going to call it quits on the ACR now and move on to the next weapon in the pack.