Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #3b (Release Candidate)

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #3b (Release Candidate)

Arma 2 CO/OA/RFT 1.60 Update RC3b is available now, it should be compatible with any previous version including RC1 and RC2 and RC3:

RC3b fixes only the ARMA 2 update issue

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.c...ch_160RC3b.zip

Mirrors: http://www.multiupload.com/QXFZKRNK6R

CRC32: B1B9540A
    MD5: 0B379CA8125090D71C66A1C7456785F4
    SHA-1: 04C3FCB2E18A455C81F8E98BAD284977A8BF0FBD
    Thanks to everyone involved, we are getting close to final state.

* all signature problems should be gone finally

* the official expansions are handled better using registry based system now, should make the in game expansions manager more useful than before

As our plan is to release final 1.60 prior Christmas please focus on regressions or installation problems only at this stage.

Note:
    this RC contains
    ARMA 2: OA update 1.60
    ARMA 2 update 1.11
    ARMA 2: BAF update 1.03
    ARMA 2: PMC update 1.02

Spoiler:

Death camera (the one that overviews the killer top down) still lags horribly when watched unit is moving

Also don't forget that strafing speed with AT needs fixing before 1.60 comes out seeing how it's just one step away and it still isn't fixed.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #3
    Death camera sounds like regression, is it on cit anywhere?

The other problem however does not and we do not plan any further new tweaks and fixes for 1.60 at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by metalcraze View Post
    Death camera (the one that overviews the killer top down) still lags horribly when watched unit is moving

Also don't forget that strafing speed with AT needs fixing before 1.60 comes out seeing how it's just one step away and it still isn't fixed.
    Marek Spanel - CEO www.bistudio.com

Ugh but the movement speed with AT to the right was broken since 1.58RC. Isn't fixing it a simple task?

Death camera sounds like regression, is it on cit anywhere?
    Not sure. Will post it as an issue then. Need to make a good repro first.

Cool - the '3b' patch now no longer tries to update A2 in the OA directory structure and as an added bonus updates the A2 install as well! I no longer needed to unpack the exe and apply the A2 fix manually.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

This is due to the interpolation changes, needs using visiblePosition new command.
    Proud community admin/member of The Tour of Teamrespawn

@BIS Devs, could you please take a look at this:
    forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116308&page=33

Posts 323 to 331

It seems that something is wrong with BIS_fn_locations
    Can't make Ticket right now because I'm not on my PC. Could someone create one for me please?

EDIT:
    Ticket
    http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27089
    Last edited by Tonci87; Dec 16 2011 at 12:17.
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

8.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #8
    Any repro, CIT to this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Maruk View Post
    Any repro, CIT to this issue?
    http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27090

Gunnery Sergeant
    Little Dev Question beside ongoing Business :

Does alternative AA Modes always needed to be full implemented into the Engine? I only ask because injected AA (SMAA in this Case) doesn´t work properly with CO (morphing Textures, LOD trashing), and maybe there is another Way.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast