-- TAKE ON HELICOPTERS PATCH 1.03 --
!!!RELEASE CANDIDATE WARNING!!!
THIS UPDATE WILL MODIFY YOUR EXISTING GAME INSTALLATION.
ROLLBACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION IS NOT POSSIBLE.
IT IS RECOMMENDED TO BACK UP YOUR FULL INSTALLATION FOLDER AND PROFILE FOLDER FIRST.
THIS IS A RELEASE CANDIDATE AND THE FINAL UPDATE MAY DIFFER.
AS ALWAYS, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
This free update is sponsored by Sprocket http://www.sprocketidea.com/
, the online store where you can buy Take On Helicopters and other games directly from the developers.
Copyright (c) 2011 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.
- AN ORIGINAL VERSION OF TAKE ON HELICOPTERS FROM 1.02 (Steam and other digital platforms will update their game files through auto-updating once available)
- DirectX February 2010 is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically (if required).
- In case of problems it can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/directx
HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH:
- Run the patch setup executable, which will apply the patch automatically.
- It will install the entire contents of the patch to a folder within your Take On Helicopters installation (the default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters).
- Please note that it is not possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch; only a full reinstall of the game is possible. If you want to keep your previous version you may want to backup the entire game installation folder before applying this patch.
- It is not recommended to use any savegames created in previous versions (1.01, 1.02).
- Main website: www.takeonthegame.com
- Developed by: www.bistudio.com
- Forums: forums.bistudio.com (English Only)
- Community wiki: community.bistudio.com (English Only)
VERSION 1.03 HIGHLIGHTS
* Reduced Ground Effect strength
* Small flight model tweaks
* Heliport character animations
* Czech language support
* Benchmark added
* Reduced extreme ground effect.
* Picture-in-Picture video setting extended to include levels of quality.
Value - Viewing distance (km) - Average time per frame (ms)
Disabled - 0 - 0
Very Low - 1 - 8
Low - 2 - 10
Normal - 4 - 13
High - 6 - 15
Very High - 10 - 22
* FXAA support added.
* Better multiplayer support for vehicle doors opening / closing.
* Helicopter animation states could mismatch when running on the server.
* Custom memory allocator support added (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...mory_Allocator
* Ambient traffic was not drawn in PiP RenderTargets.
* There now is zero fuel consumption when only starters are on.
* The engine no longer stops when you take control from the AI on the ground.
* Dedicated server armed helicopter models would change (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26298
* Seattle performance benchmark added (Challenges > Benchmark (Seattle)).
* Czech language support added.
* Japanese character support added (not the translation itself).
* More character animations added and implemented into Heliport (de)briefings.
* Main menu online news feed added.
* Medium: improved torque 3D instrument ranges.
* Medium: flight model tweaked.
* Light: flight model tweaked (also thanks to community efforts!).
* Helicopter head movement limits tweaked.
* Helicopter ground contact points tweaked (also thanks to community efforts!).
* Special shadow LOD added for interior views of helicopters.
* Doors closed by default for luxury helicopters.
* Ambient traffic cars now have head and tail lights.
* Ambient boats and aircraft have lights at night now.
* Roadway LODs added to military ships.
* Improved materials for water surfaces.
* Various unlocalized texts localized (training scenarios, Time Trials and MP).
* Spelling error reported by wOMAC fixed.
* Type column in MP server browser was too narrow.
* Logitech G940 controller scheme tweaked.
* TrackIR scheme improved.
* Career Free Flight is no longer ended when disembarking. Instead use "Skip" from the interrupt menu (Esc).
* Scenarios would not terminate correctly when an important NPC was killed.
* Automatic savegame system tweaked to avoid saving in dangerous situations.
* Crashing in training scenarios after failing a stage is now handled better.
* Career 08: player was able to get in as copilot.
* Career 09: one of the tasks was not marked as completed.
* Government 01: suspect lookout would sometimes be on the ground.
* Training 07: feedback and IGUI indicators tweaked.
* Memory 02: CAS task now is canceled when CSAR takes over.
* Memory 02: OPFOR forces now correctly move to the crash site.
* Memory 02: CSAR takes longer to get to the crash site, allowing more time to provide CAS.
* Memory 02: Crashed crew does not try to complete its mission on foot.
* Memory 03: the player now dies when landing on the water surface.
* Memory scenarios can now be more easily skipped ("Skip" from the interrupt menu - Esc).
* Memory scenarios can now be reverted to a savegame after failing a task.
* MP 03: host is now forced to be the pilot.