Sign in to follow this  
drozzy

ARMA 2 OA steam demo - can I join any server?

Hope someone here will be able to help me, as google search was of no help :-(

So I downloaded a demo of OA from Steam. But I can't find any servers in the server-browser.

How can I try playing multiplayer, if it is at all possible, with this version (I really want to try it before sinking $60 into X-edition of the game - which seems to be REQUIRED in every clan/group I look)? Does anyone know of any "demo"-friendly servers that work with Steam Demo version of ARMA 2 OA?

to be honest the demo is extremely outdated and nobody is playing it ...

i would wait for upcoming patch 1.11 of ARMA 2: Free then test that one in Multi-Player

Combined Ops (ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead which is basically the bare minimum) is only $28 at Amazon right now. It might even go on sale at BIS's own site in the next few days as well. ArmA2 was 50% off a few days ago for example. It's even been as low as $10 sometimes.

The X Anniversary edition is pretty neat, I bought it just to support BIS, but it has a lot of extra stuff and older games you really don't "need" to start with.

Hi

Demo multiplayer is not working

Is there a web server browser or a steam browser?

I'm testing a dedicated server performance on Arma 2 before I buy

Arma 2: OA demo is extremely outdated, years behind last game update, not really relevant to show state of game

Since August 2014, outdated, unsupported games in the series such as Arma 2, Arma 2: Free, Arma 2: OA Demo, and non-Steam Arma 2: OA haven't had multiplayer due to the Gamespy shutdown. Current, supported games use Steam for server listing. A list of servers for unsupported games can be found at http://master.bistudio.com/.