Sign in to follow this  
beepee

ToH First Aid Modules

In ArmA 2 there were three First Aid modules. Can I use them in Take On? If so, how to do this? In editor under F7 key in the dropdown list there are no First Aid modules...

Edited by BeePee

just a guess

One would imagine you would extract the relevant modules from “modules.pbo†in A2/A2OA, then recreate part of the directory structure as in modules.pbo but in the TKoH Hsim folder (so it replicates the file structure of the TKoH modules.pbo) (much like with FM update xml).

no doubt there is a .bin file for the TKoH modules (in the TKoH modules.pbo) that will need copying to the Hsim\..\.. folder then you will want to extract the same .bin file from the A2 modules.pbo to another folder location so you open it and can copy the relevant sections of info from that .bin (A2/A2OA) to the TKoH .bin in the Hsim folder.

Or some permutation of the above, if you just copy modules.pbo/modules_e.pbo from A2/A2OA into a new addons/mod folder you could end up with either lots of duplicates OR e.g. older A2/A2OA modules overriding newer TKoH modules simply because the older modules are seen as having a higher version number maybe like with some of the version number errors you get if you copy A2/A2OA .pbo en-mass into TKoH.

Thanks very much for explanation. I think I wont try it then. It's a bit to complicated to implement it just for one mission.

Another question somehow related to Firs Aid Modules (cause it's about firs aid). I want to make a civil unconscious. Let's say he has a car accident. Then I fly my heli to the crash site and treat this civil guy to make him conscious again, put him in a heli and get him to hospital. What I can't do is to make him unconscious. I've tried to put such line in his init field:

this setUnconscious true;

but it doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I set some damage to this unit or not. Anyone know the solution?

EDIT

Oh, one more thing. I would like it to work in MP.

use

this setDamage 0.91;

as anything from >0.9 <1.0 is unconscious.

then use

this setDamage 0.89;

to make them conscious but still ill

there are other things like

ths playActionNow "agonyStart";

to have them move on there back in agony (best used with this setdamage <0.89;)

note: this may need to be the unit name

there are more playActionNow listed in config_def.xml, config.xml, config.bin in the anims_h.pbo like ones for the medic ;)

Tnx for the answer. Unfortunatelly none of above works. Setting damage to 0.91 makes unit unconscious but setting damage back to 0 doesn't make it conscious. I can see that civil is healthy again - the blood and wounds dissapears from his face but he doesn't get up.

this playActionNow "agonyStart"; does nothing. Doesn't matter if I set some damage before or not.

I've tried above with "this" and also with unit name. None works. :(

hmm you could try setting diffetn parts to damagits now called Sethipointdamage

so look for parts i think its

class HitHead

{

armor = 0.7;

material = -1;

name = "hlava_hit";

visual = "";

passThrough = 1;

};

class HitBody

{

armor = 0.8;

material = -1;

name = "telo";

visual = "";

passThrough = 1;

};

class HitHands

{

armor = 0.5;

material = -1;

name = "ruce";

visual = "";

passThrough = 1;

};

class HitLegs

{

armor = 0.5;

material = -1;

name = "nohy";

visual = "";

passThrough = 1;

};

so try unit sethitpointdamage ["HitLegs",1]

and 0 for recover maybe , not tested sorry just browsing on ipad here

Well i use

this playActionNow "agonyStart";

Myself and it does work on “menâ€, as i lifted it out of one of my sqf files.

The “person†you’re trying to use things on, are they a man or a woman? As with woman they don’t have the full range of animations, so e.g. with a man “this setDamage 0.91;†would set them unconscious laying how then fall, with a woman she would just crouch down fully conscious.

Further to Thromp post I have found “sethitpointdamage†to be problematic where as

unit sethit ["legs", 0.91];

Dose the same thing.

Further to Thromp post I have found “sethitpointdamage†to be problematic

Hmm could you expand please , I am wondering if that is just for buildings maybe, i have only used it there and not had problems with it , maybe its sethit for Man class and Sethitpointdamage for House /vehicle class maybe ?.

mm

I think that may be the case, but I don’t know truly, as I have found “sethitpointdamage†not to work on people, but don’t know about buildings.

That said I have found quite a few instances of things not working and having to use similar worded commands, sometimes it’s a case of using older OFP aged commands in place of newer ARMA/2 aged commands, other times it’s the opposite.

Generally it’s normally the long-word version that fails to work while the shorter version dose work, its quite prevalent in some of the waypoint and positioning commands, or as another e.g. some commands that were active and working in the TKoH CP when run as part of A2OA, but in the full TKoH game the commands no longer work.

But on the face of things it dose seam that they are omitting long-word versions of some things in favour of short-word versions – but this equally could be long-word versions are for some specific types objects like buildings while short-word versions are for people vehicles like you say, I just don’t know, but invariably you can find some command that dose the same job

Note: I am basing the above on v1.02 and before of the game, I have done little in the editor since v1.03 just before xmas.

Ok, worked it out!

The command:

this playActionNow "agonyStart";

works but only in script. It doesn't work when putted in unit's init field. Thank you very much b101_uk! :)

You may also find of use (to set e.g. a rescue worker or someone next to the victim to the kneeling position)

this setUnitPos "Middle";

or to have someone kneeling by the victim play one loop of a medic doing something (needs to be repeated hence the use of .sqf and sleep, best done by trigger when the heli is close to the point of landing so is in view of the animation)

unit playActionNow "Medic";

sleep 10;

sleep 15;

sleep 10;

sleep 15;