Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Hey, Major_Shepard, except ACE, can the LEA recognize third part addons? We are a clan often use RH weapons pack, but I can't found RH weapons in the list.

Anyway, thanks for your great convenient tools

Hey, Major_Shepard, except ACE, can the LEA recognize third part addons? We are a clan often use RH weapons pack, but I can't found RH weapons in the list.

Anyway, thanks for your great convenient tools

In the help menu select "Manage Addons". Just check in the RH addons and you will see new entries into the Faction Filter. See the Wiki. http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/joomla/wiki/index.php/1._LEA:_Loadout_Editor_For_Arma_2_co_and_ACE_2

You can also install new addons by selecting "Install new addons" into the Help menu.

Edited by Major_Shepard

In the help menu select "Manage Addons". Just check in the RH addons and you will see new entries into the Faction Filter. See the Wiki. http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/joomla/wiki/index.php/1._LEA:_Loadout_Editor_For_Arma_2_co_and_ACE_2

You can also install new addons by selecting "Install new addons" into the Help menu.

Got it, many thanks!

And there is a glitch for me, some text in the UI can't fully display, such as "Switch Uni...", "Change Dis...", "Unit Displa...", " Apply...", "Save a...", so I have to guess what they probably be, kind of annoying, but I see your screenshot of LEA UI is ok, can you help me found the reason? my system is win7 64bit

Edited by Lao Fei Mao
a question asked

And there is a glitch for me, some text in the UI can't fully display, such as "Switch Uni...", "Change Dis...", "Unit Displa...", " Apply...", "Save a...", so I have to guess what they probably be, kind of annoying, but I see your screenshot of LEA UI is ok, can you help me found the reason? my system is win7 64bit

This problem typically appends when a theme modification is installed that does not respect Windows base format (Font size etc). Otherwise you may have set the Font size like 150% of their original size into the Windows display properties.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Major_shepard:

I found another issue regarding ace backpacks or more so, the ace 'back' slot. When you put an item in your backslot in LEA but not have anything in the 'in hands' back slot it'll move the ace back slot item to the regular one, it tends to show this in LEA immediately after saving or exporting the .sqf.

It's not that big of a deal but i'm pretty sure it used to work fine, as I always preferred to put rucks in that slot so people can easily grab AT etc without having to worry about moving their backpack.

This problem typically appends when a theme modification is installed that does not respect Windows base format (Font size etc). Otherwise you may have set the Font size like 150% of their original size into the Windows display properties.

Yeah, you said it, I use the default win7 theme and the front was set at 125%, after I reset it at 100%, more text can display, but still some can't, such as " Apply...", "Save a..." etc. My clan friends also have such issue. So Mr. Shepard, can you use an adaptable front size ?

I found another issue regarding ace backpacks or more so, the ace 'back' slot. When you put an item in your backslot in LEA but not have anything in the 'in hands' back slot it'll move the ace back slot item to the regular one, it tends to show this in LEA immediately after saving or exporting the .sqf.

This is a normal behaviour of LEA in fact

It's not that big of a deal but i'm pretty sure it used to work fine, as I always preferred to put rucks in that slot so people can easily grab AT etc without having to worry about moving their backpack.

Well in fact some people also prefer that rucksack be automatically put in hands but yeah that also make sense.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Yeah, you said it, I use the default win7 theme and the front was set at 125%, after I reset it at 100%, more text can display, but still some can't, such as " Apply...", "Save a..." etc. My clan friends also have such issue. So Mr. Shepard, can you use an adaptable front size ?

I am a bit of surprised that you still get issue with a normal size font. What kind of win7 are you using? In fact font size never adapt itself. I have to make changes on LEA display to dynamically adapt to font size.

This is a normal behaviour of LEA in fact

Well in fact some people also prefer that rucksack be automatically put in hands but yeah that also make sense.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I am a bit of surprised that you still get issue with a normal size font. What kind of win7 are you using? In fact font size never adapt itself. I have to make changes on LEA display to dynamically adapt to font size.

Ah okay I must have misremembered. It's not that big of an issue as I just edit the sqf a little bit but it'd be great to have an option for it.

Edited by Kerc Kasha
meant SQF not INI

Or you may force all text at smaller Size 8 Segoe UI.

Hi i would like to ask, under the 'preferences' button in 'initialize @LEA with selected profile', the 'goggles' refers to the Binocular item and not the goggles? i've double checked the loadout.sqf with and without it checked, might want to rename it to 'Binocular', to not cause confusion?

Also, is there a way to give players 'ACE_Map' when ACE is enabled and normal 'ItemMap' when ACE is not enabled? I find that i some missions i dont have a map if i take 'ItemMap' in ACE.

Thanks and love this addon!!!

Haha I see It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum :cool:

Hi i would like to ask, under the 'preferences' button in 'initialize @LEA with selected profile', the 'goggles' refers to the Binocular item and not the goggles? i've double checked the loadout.sqf with and without it checked, might want to rename it to 'Binocular', to not cause confusion?

Indeed it references the Binocular. No problem to change name.

Also, is there a way to give players 'ACE_Map' when ACE is enabled and normal 'ItemMap' when ACE is not enabled? I find that i some missions i dont have a map if i take 'ItemMap' in ACE.

Thanks and love this addon!!!

ok didn't know that bug from ACE. So yes I will make change to give the ACE Map when ACE selected in Addon Manager.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Or you may force all text at smaller Size 8 Segoe UI.

So I made some change in LEA display so that Default font size is sets to 11 pixels in all buttons, textfields etc. I'll give you soon access to a beta for you to test.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ok didn't know that bug from ACE. So yes I will make change to give the ACE Map when ACE selected in Addon Manager.

Actually it's caused by ACE's Map Module feature which is an optional module you place on the map that removes all ItemMap from the game requiring you manually add the ACE_Map which has some limitations and minor benefits - like not being able to look at the map while moving and being able to share your map with people who do not have one.

It's off by default.

I may feature both ACE_Map and ItemMap into Preferences panel so that one can choose ;)

Haha I see It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum :cool:

Indeed it references the Binocular. No problem to change name.

I get those duke quotes alot.

Thanks, and glad to be of help in improving the addon! Can we maybe have something like ACE specific

Actually it's caused by ACE's Map Module feature which is an optional module you place on the map that removes all ItemMap from the game requiring you manually add the ACE_Map which has some limitations and minor benefits - like not being able to look at the map while moving and being able to share your map with people who do not have one.

It's off by default.

So if this 'Map module' feature is in not the mission, if one has 'ACE_Map' and not 'ItemMap', does it work correctly? I haven't tested this out yet, just thought of it.

Thks.

I get those duke quotes alot.

Thanks, and glad to be of help in improving the addon! Can we maybe have something like ACE specific

So if this 'Map module' feature is in not the mission, if one has 'ACE_Map' and not 'ItemMap', does it work correctly? I haven't tested this out yet, just thought of it.

Thks.

Not sure I haven't tried it myself either

Anyone else getting the 'no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons."insert pack here"' error when trying to load a loadout that has any kind of ruck in it?

Anyone else getting the 'no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons."insert pack here"' error when trying to load a loadout that has any kind of ruck in it?

Please be more precise. A OA ruck is not the same as a ACE ruck. You may get also this error if you try to add a OA Ruck to a ArmA 2 unit or unit addon based on it. This is a game limitation. Be also sure to run LEA 1.3.57

Please be more precise. A OA ruck is not the same as a ACE ruck. You may get also this error if you try to add a OA Ruck to a ArmA 2 unit or unit addon based on it. This is a game limitation. Be also sure to run LEA 1.3.57

My apologies, I have tried several rucks with ACE disable under the addons screen. The rucks that I have tried from memory are: "US_Assault_Pack_EP1", "CZ_Backpack_EP1", "US_Backpack_EP1" and "US_Patrol_Pack_EP1". I have tried loading them to a USMC Squad Leader and USMC Force Recon Team Leader. I'm gonna go ahead and assume now that it is because these are not USMC packs? If not then are there any USMC packs available in LEA (such as the molle assault pack I've seen a few guys wearing ingame)? I am running the latest version of LEA. Also another question if you're willing, I am having an issue where despite following the correct instructions, I cannot seem to be able to toggle a rifle between on back and in hands, the option just never lights up for me when selecting a gun. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've done it with sniper rifles, M4's and M16's including the one in the example screenshot on the wiki.

My apologies, I have tried several rucks with ACE disable under the addons screen. The rucks that I have tried from memory are: "US_Assault_Pack_EP1", "CZ_Backpack_EP1", "US_Backpack_EP1" and "US_Patrol_Pack_EP1". I have tried loading them to a USMC Squad Leader and USMC Force Recon Team Leader. I'm gonna go ahead and assume now that it is because these are not USMC packs? If not then are there any USMC packs available in LEA (such as the molle assault pack I've seen a few guys wearing ingame)? I am running the latest version of LEA.

USMC units are from ArmA 2 game not OA game. That's why you can't give OA ruck to this units. This a limitation from ArmA 2, nothing to see with LEA. If you want to give this units a ruck you must use ACE mod and configure LEA to be use with ACE (Help Menu --> Addon Manager).

There is also no relation between the side of a unit and the ruck you can give to it. In LEA select ALL in Faction Filter so that you will be able to add any ruck to your unit.

Also another question if you're willing, I am having an issue where despite following the correct instructions, I cannot seem to be able to toggle a rifle between on back and in hands, the option just never lights up for me when selecting a gun. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've done it with sniper rifles, M4's and M16's including the one in the example screenshot on the wiki.

This is a ACE feature as long as Weight computation and Wounds System. You must configure LEA to use ACE and of course have ACE mod installed into your game.

OK thank you very much for this info. I do have ACE but use it sparingly as something about the recoil and deafening effects bug me. Dunno but maybe it has something to with the fact that you can go deaf by firing 50 rounds from a SAW even though ear protection is visible on the ACE character model haha.

Hi Major_Shepard,

regarding the item 'MS-2000 IR strobe marker'. it gives the item 'IRStrobe' in the loadout.sqf, which doesn't work in ACE.

versus the item 'MS-2000 IR strobe', which gives item 'IR_Strobe_Marker', which works in ACE.

did u mean to have 2 different MS-2000 strobes? might wanna check it, thanks again.

Thx, will see about it.

I will try to push a new update next week.

Quite busy these days;)