Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Hello. In my tv, 37" samsung i cannot "maximize" the window of "@LEA" and so the letters are cutted, like; ex: "Apply loadout t..." , "switch unit T..." .

Did i explainded +- right?:)

Im not able to maximize LEA editor and cant see what is written.

Is there an option in the exe?

Thank you for @LEA.

It's not possible to maximise LEA in the current version. However you should not have that problem unless you run a particular theme modification. what's your OS?

Windows 7 64bit. Thank you for info.

Sometimes i click to "apply" option and erase some equip, but heyy, fantastic app!

See ya;)

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

But i have a doubt, thou; Im making The loadout for a particular mission for me and for all AI players (5 playable AI). When i start the game, the loadout that appears is one from "profile" and not the "unit by unit" loadout.... . hummmm....:confused:

Edited by Mstq

But i have a doubt, thou; Im making The loadout for a particular mission for me and for all AI players (5 playable AI). When i start the game, the loadout that appears is one from "profile" and not the "unit by unit" loadout.... . hummmm....:confused:

Do you play solo or multi on a dedicated server? Could you send me the pbo of the mission (mission menu -> make mission.pbo)

Hello! Thank you so much for this brilliant tool. Saves a LOT of time. You, sir, are a genius. BIS, pay attention, because this was badly needed in ArmA. A GUI for loadout editing. In fact, the existing editor needs a better GUI as well. Too much scripting required for even the simplest of functions. Nobody wants to deal with this addWeapon BS, or likes to search through a list of classnames. Are you assuming that every mission maker is a programmer? This should be standard in ArmA 3, BIS.

Anyway, I have a small problem: LEA recognizes weapon crates as soldier units rather than crates. So I can only apply soldier loadouts (profiles) to crates. Am I missing something or is that an unfinished feature?

EDIT: never mind, I should have read payed more attention to the wiki. You have to turn the crate into a vehicle. See this pic:

http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/joomla/wiki/images/4/43/Leavehiclebutton.png

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn
solution

You are right. This appends when LEA is not able to resolve the classname of the unit/vehicle basically when this unit/vehicle comes from an addon. In this case you will see UnitDisplayname marked "Unknown". So click on the "vehicle" button to switch to vehicle type loadout or reversely.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

LEA 1.1 Update 3 Build 1.1.41 available from LEA Updater

=> Choose update after startup or select Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: support for respawn with initial loadout (option). see

Added: V2 signatures for @LEA.

Changed: remove of the loadout initialization of AI playable units on dedicated server due to issues with player at mission start.

Fixed: cannot see quantity in Vehicle content for ammo with long name.

Fixed: No firing weapon if player got only a pistol.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Changed: remove of the loadout initialization of AI playable units on dedicated server due to issues with player at mission start.

Is this final? It's a great feature to be able to assign loadout for AI.

Related to this, I think I stumbled across a bug: there is no loadout initialization for AI units (I mean those not plyable).

Fixed: No firing weapon if player got only a pistol.

Great ;)

Is this final? It's a great feature to be able to assign loadout for AI.

This concerns only "Playable" units that are not in use by Player. AI "not Playable" are not concerned and are still assignable. If a player join a playable unit he will get loaded however. There is no change for solo mode.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Major,

I must insist... the AI has no weapons.

Steps to reproduce:

- in the editor, place a BLUFOR unit (the player).

- in the editor, place an OPFOR unit. Give it a name.

- start LEA.

- Generate loadout.sqf

- Load mission in ARMA

- note that the AI unit now has no weapons.

Notes:

- I only tried it in SP missions (didn't have the time to chechk it on a dedicated)

- it worked the previos build (I guess it was 1.1.38)

Let me know if you need additional feed-back.

Thank you for your great work.

Edited by Gameadd1cted
detailed steps to reproduce issue

Can't reproduce the bug here. In the mission menu select "Make mission.pbo" and send me the generated pbo. You can open a thread on dev heaven if needed.

@ Major

I just noticed your post a page or 2 back about the build with V2 sigs, but see the new release has them. I imagine you already tested since this is in the release so thank you very much. Our guys will be very happy with this news and our ability to help promote this great tool. If we have any issues or discover others during further use we will be sure to let you know and provide as much detailed info/repo as possible.

Can't reproduce the bug here. In the mission menu select "Make mission.pbo" and send me the generated pbo. You can open a thread on dev heaven if needed.

OK, uploaded here.

Let me know if is there anything else I can do.

Best regards,

Added: support for respawn with initial loadout (option). see

What do you mean by this? Respawn with the LEA loadouts or with the default ArmA loadouts? It's not very clear.

What do you mean by this? Respawn with the LEA loadouts or with the default ArmA loadouts? It's not very clear.

Respawn with the LEA loadouts. I add it as an option because I know there are revive scripts that already managed it.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

OK, uploaded here.

Let me know if is there anything else I can do.

Best regards,

ok. There is indeed a problem with AI unit's weapon in the following conditions (unit SN2 in the mission):

- OA only, ACE users not concerned

- Solo only, multiplayer not affected

In your mission the AI units named SN1 and SN3 have no weapon because they have no loadout in LEA. In case you want to use default ArmA 2 loadout for these units you must check in the box "Do not script this loadout" in right upper corner.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ok. There is indeed a problem with AI unit's weapon in the following conditions (unit SN2 in the mission):

- OA only, ACE users not concerned

- Solo only, multiplayer not affected

In your mission the AI units named SN1 and SN3 have no weapon because they have no loadout in LEA. In case you want to use default ArmA 2 loadout for these units you must check in the box "Do not script this loadout" in right upper corner.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

I confirm your findings (did some quick tests on a dedicated).

Can we hope for a fix in SP (for testing purpose)?

Or do we simply have to assume that LEA is for MP?

Keep up the good work!

--------------

I am also trying to add "Tripod Bag" and "M252 Bag" to an empty HMMWV (SOV).

These 2 items won't appear neither in SP nor in MP (dedicated).

According to Kylania's Vehicle Cargo Capacity Chart, the HMMWV (SOV) should take 7 packs.

Edited by Gameadd1cted
Additional feed-back

Have already fixed it, it was a minor error in the code. I'll give you access to a beta tomorrow evening. To say all LEA in OA vanilla mode has been far less tested than with ACE because no one people I know use OA vanilla anymore lol.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

I am also trying to add "Tripod Bag" and "M252 Bag" to an empty HMMWV (SOV).

These 2 items won't appear neither in SP nor in MP (dedicated).

According to Kylania's Vehicle Cargo Capacity Chart, the HMMWV (SOV) should take 7 packs.

I'am not sure that we can add something else than Rifles/RPG and their magazines into a vehicle cargo with ArmA 2 OA vanilla. Tripod and M252 are kind of ruck and when we try to add OA ruck in ArmA 2 Editor into vehicle cargo it gives script error message. With ACE no problem at all, no limitation of cargo space or anything else.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Respawn with the LEA loadouts. I add it as an option because I know there are revive scripts that already managed it.

I would change that text into 'Respawn with LEA loadouts' then.

@Gameadd1cted check your mp ;)

I would change that text into 'Respawn with LEA loadouts' then.

all right ^^

Could any issues arise if I use this on a BattlEye protected server?

Don't know however BattlEye kick for everything :rolleyes:

Note: support for I44 mod is coming into the next update :)

Edited by Major_Shepard

LEA 1.2 Build 1.2.45

--- Downloads ---

=> Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: new interface for adding and remove addons into LEA.

Added: remote repository for downloading and install new addons into LEA.

Added: I44 addon for LEA (available for download from repository).

Added: user can now extends ArmA 2 default loadout with LEA loadout for a given unit.

Fixed: ArmA 2 OA vanilla - AI unit has no weapon in solo mode.

Fixed: ArmA 2 OA vanilla - M249_TWS_EP1 and 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1 doesn't match.

Added: new interface for adding and remove addons into LEA.

Does this mean that we can now import our own weapon packs that LEA originally didn't support? Oh boy I hope so! :D

You can't import pbo for now but this interface will help you do this in a next future ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

Un grand merci pour ton travail extrêmement apprécié !!!