Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: [CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala

I think it's an arma limitation when comes to targeting. I shot 6 antitanks missiles on the ship hoping to bring down the ship by destroying the "guns", maybe only managed to get 1 while my wingmen took out the rest. So best to use your AI friend.. (a bit sad it wasn't me that did the hard work )

But I do agree if it's script-able (no idea how) to allow player to target those gun points ourselves will be much more satisfying experience.

If possible J_frost, can I suggest that some of the menus are hardcoded into the custom menus like (9 or 0 ) for action such as "gear down", "get out", "avionics" etc, having a pain trying to rearm without those action items.

Thats a good idea Muahaha.

Avionics may be difficult, but the other two for the player should be ok using the action command in a radio trigger. Bare in mind, many actions listed in reality don't actually work for one reason or another.

I am not sure why the guns are difficult to target on the ships, but if it were any easier then the mission would be a walk in the park.

I am away for about 3 or 4 days now, I will hopefully be able to answer any questions and respond to feedback. I won't be able to work on it over that period though.

Like you say though, it is funny your wingman can target them no problem.

Thanks

Rough Knight

In your next release, scrap the littlebird mission. Just scrap it all together. I mean, a littlebird vs a BMP2? Cmon...thats just stupid.

Sorry to say this but its the truth. I don't know what your idea was with this mission, but I think it followed hollywood moreso than the military. A littlebird on its own hasn't got nearly enough firepower to take something like that on.

Just scrap it all together. I mean, a littlebird vs a BMP2? Cmon...thats just stupid.
    In my opinion that is not constructive critisism, you are welcome to scrap playing it all together.

There is only a 33% chance of the BMP spawning. Mostly it is one of two offroad armed vehicles. Also, a BMP could be drawn to the fight from outside. There are some random patroling vehicles.

By the way, you can actually take the BMP out if it spawns before it even fires a shot, you do have 10 or 12 missiles did you realise. You need to use them wisely.

Thanks

Rough Knight.
    Last edited by Rough Knight; Dec 29 2011 at 22:09.

Anyone else having issues with enemy air targets on the first mission being white (un-tab targetable)? Is this intended to represent a strict ROE for air targets, or is this a reported issue?

Flying around near the base out of AA range is fine, but then when I get the call that a fast mover has taken off I'm unable to lock it up and just cycle through AG targets instead with my AMRAAM's and Sidewinders Is this in someway tied to the RWR option in the Avionics menu? Or is that just a radar warning receiver that isnt implemented totally?

EDIT: is it possible to queue up multiple JDAM Marks with the GPS/INS menu? Or just one at a time? (Sorry if this is better asked in the F18 addon's thread, figured folks here would know as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdwing View Post
    Anyone else having issues with enemy air targets on the first mission being white (un-tab targetable)? Is this intended to represent a strict ROE for air targets, or is this a reported issue?
    I am not sure they should be white. At least on the radar on my game they show up red after the message pops up. I can then target them. Has anyone else seen this?

The Littlebird stays white however, but this is by design to make it more of a challenge.

I will have a look after work today and see what I find about the other thing you.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by j_frost View Post
    I am not sure they should be white. At least on the radar on my game they show up red after the message pops up. I can then target them. Has anyone else seen this?

The Littlebird stays white however, but this is by design to make it more of a challenge.

I will have a look after work today and see what I find about the other thing you.

Thanks

Rough Knight.
    J_frost, I can confirmed they were white when I played it. But it can still be manually locked on after visually seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by j_frost View Post
    In my opinion that is not constructive critisism, you are welcome to scrap playing it all together.

There is only a 33% chance of the BMP spawning. Mostly it is one of two offroad armed vehicles. Also, a BMP could be drawn to the fight from outside. There are some random patroling vehicles.

By the way, you can actually take the BMP out if it spawns before it even fires a shot, you do have 10 or 12 missiles did you realise. You need to use them wisely.

Thanks

Rough Knight.
    Well I'm sorry if I offended you but I don't like bending an opinion. I'm more of a straight to the point kinda guy. Its just that it doesn't really seem that fitting within your campaign as all of the other missions were very good aside from some minor bugs.

You should know that when I take the time to critisize something and discuss it I think of it as something with potential. And I think you have done a supurb job so far for setting the scenario and building the missions.

Anyway, I hope that this hasn't demotivated you in any kind of way in the process of perfecting your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdwing View Post
    EDIT: is it possible to queue up multiple JDAM Marks with the GPS/INS menu? Or just one at a time? (Sorry if this is better asked in the F18 addon's thread, figured folks here would know as well)
    It's not possible as far as I was aware...but I may be wrong. I have fixed the Mig targetting for mission1 that you reported for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclonicTuna View Post
    I'm more of a straight to the point kinda guy.
    You can say that again. No offence taken, you just came out pretty strong

With regards to the ship targetting, I have no idea why for the player the guns are not visible while you wingman can pick them off at will? I will try find a solution. I complete the mission by flying low and using zoom while changing targets. You then seem to pick them up.

A few changes in the wind then for the next version.

* Fixed: Enemy migs not visible on the radar in mission1
    * Fix targetting of AA weapons on Frigates and destroyers in mission4.
    * F/A-18 explodes in cutscene. Anyone else seen this. Part of the unit's init is "this allowdamage false", so not sure how its possible?
    * Enemy planes causing chaos on the Nimitz deck
    Fixed: Mission2 doesnt use sargeant\name in chat.
    Fixed: Some spelling errors in chat dialogues.
    Thanks folks

Rough Knight

Any word on the Pilot issue that a few of us are experiencing?

When loading the first mission, the mission is looking for "mar_fighter_pilot" instead of "mar_pilot" which is the name of the actual unit, and thus aborts/CTDs/whatever it does when it can't find units it's depending on.

Yes, this is with all the latest versions of the F18, Pilot, Nimitz, campaign and so on. I havn't got it working yet due to this issue so I havn't been able to play the campaign but since I'm one of the flyboys I'm really looking forward to try it out.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast