Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

[CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala

Carrier Operations: Duala

Game version: ARMA2: Combined Operations.

Game Mode: Singleplayer Campaign.

Addons: Yes - See Below.

Version: v1.20 [Updated 12-Jan-13].

v1.20 of this campaign requires Meatballs MARSOC Marines v2.1.

Most missions are conducted off USS Nimitz as either a pilot or marine in this fictional Campaign loosely based on some recent real life events in Libya. In version 1.11 I added a mission where you play as the NTC (civilian war party) to try help the player sympathise with their position. All due credit goes to the addon makers as their hard work brings a new experience to ARMA2 everytime you fire it up.

Cutscene on winning in mission 3: v2

Origional Version.

A rough overview of the ground operations in this campaign

Some deck ambience added in v1.11

Other user videos

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxwp2G46us&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxwp2G46us&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SM3-hXOP_0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SM3-hXOP_0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Action from "Communication Meltdown" thanks to Muahaha.......... Mission2 footage thanks to Jedra

ss3.jpgss4.jpg

ss1.jpgss2.jpg

ss6.jpgss7.jpg

Download Link:

Armaholic Mirror:

Carrier Operations: Duala (@) v1.20

Mirrors requiring update:

Alternative link: [Latest Version]

Carrier Operations: Duala (@) v1.20

ArmedAssualt.info Mirror:

Carrier Operations: Duala (@) v1.17

Arma2base.de Mirror:

Carrier Operations: Duala (@) v1.17

Description:

Duala is offically in a state of civil war. The Duala Revolution is an ongoing armed conflict in the North African state of Duala being fought between forces loyal to Colonel Mumma Gotdafti and his regime and those seeking to despose of him.

The situation began on 15 February 2011 as a series of peaceful protests were met with military force by the Gotdafti regime. The protests escalated into an uprising that spread across the country. The forces opposing Gotdafti established a movement named the National Transitional Council [NTC] whose stated goal was to overthrow the Gotdafti-led government and hold democratic elections.

The civil war rapidly esculated as the Gotdafti loyalists applied further force in an attempt to crush the rebellion of the NTC. NATO forces have alligned themselves with the NTC and provide support of the restricted Fly Zone over Duala.

The US carrier Nimitz based off the East Duala coast will provide air-support for the civilian populated NTC forces, striking deep into GotDafti held territory at various cummunications and other military targets. Any ground operations conducted by the UN alliance must be strictly confidential, otherwise risking a huge uprising from the rest of the Arab world.

You will play as a pilot flying various aircraft and helicopters from USS Nimitz in aid of our campiagn in support of the NTC and Dualan civilians. Parts of the campaign will also focus on covert operations from the US Marines operating from USS Nimitz.

Features:

* v1.20 of this campaign requires Meatballs MARSOC Marines v2.1.

* v1.17 and lower of this campaign require Meatballs MARSOC Marines v1.4

* Fictional campaign based roughly on the recent Libyan conflict.

* Starring Col.Aziz as Col. Mumma Gotdafti.

* 13 Missions based on Nimitz Air\Ground operations.

* 9 Flying missions (a number of which auto-teamswitch into ground troops for particular tasks in the mission), 4 dedicated Infantry missions.

* Many custom scripts for various mission functions.

Changelog:

* For a full list see the readme.

Changelog v1.20 [12-Jan-13]

* Changed: Uses latest version of MARSOC marines from meatball0611 [v2.1]

* Changed: Many fixes to mission6 depending on different objective outcomes.

* Fixed: Officers escape plane now is called correctly by "daylight" check as intended.

Required Addons

* ARMA2.

* ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead.

* @CBA http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files

* Isla Duala by IceBreakr http://www.icebreakr.info/isla-duala/

* USS Nimitz by JDog http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115296

* F18 Hornet by Meatball http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?122675-F-A-18-Super-Hornet

* GLT Missilebox by GLT Mike http://www.frl-addons.armaholic.eu/downloads.php?cat_id=5&download_id=3

* US MARSOC Marines by Meatball http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121991-MARSOC-Marine-Special-Operations-Team

Recommended Addons:

* Mando Missile ARMA for ARMA2 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?89912-Mando-Missile-ArmA-for-ArmA-2

* WarFX Blastcore http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111985

Work Remaining & Known Issues:

* Workaround for missing GPS/INS system in the avionics menu until it is implemented again in a future F/A-18 version by Meatball\Pharohx.

* AI flying the F18 don't shoot flares by default. I have written a script to make them do this for incoming misiles.

* F/A-18's by default do not fire flares since @Mar_2MAW v2.1. Scripts implemented to fire flares in similar manner to vanilla arma2.

* @MMA in another option for easy flare use and weapon loadouts.

* Co-Pilot recruiting tweaks required. Keep falling off Nimitz. Eventually they will board your aircraft. Implemented scripts to place them back on deck.

Credits and Thanks:

IceBreaker for Duala

JDog for USS Nimitz

Meatball0311 for the F18 and marines

[GLT] Myke for GLT Missilebox

Snafu for his Nimitz CSG template

Konsky, Monsada & Rafalski for UPS and UPSMON scripts

Norrin for POW script

Mikey, SHK and Galzohar for briefing

Xeno for his body removal script

SHK for his searchlights FSM

Tophe for his random house patrol script

blackfox34 for motivation to add kbTell for chat dialogues.

fox_sds and arunajisan for their troubleshooting.

Anyone I forgot, I apologise in advance and I will add you.

Please let me know how this could be improved if you get a chance.

Thanks Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight
New version added 12-Jan-13

sounds really good man!

looking forward to it!

and thanks for not using ACE ^^

when do you think you will release it?

Sounds great, i have question player will be fighting against units from Duala not takistani units right? And im really waiting for pilot missions, its really hard to do good plane-pilot mission in arma 2 [i try few times but my missions was really short and not the best ;)]. Cant wait to play :)

when do you think you will release it?

As mentioned, I would prefer to have it run as a beta for a few guys to isolate any bugs, but it's not all that far away. Beta is ready as we speak. You would know how long it takes to iron out bugs yourself sometimes. Most bugs should be non-existant now.

player will be fighting against units from Duala not takistani units right?

Yep, Dualan units. Hope you got the full version of Duala : )

its really hard to do good plane-pilot mission in arma 2

Yeah, you are right. Some of my missions are small, but as you say..it's hard not to be repetative with flying missions. I have tried to change it up. One of my favourite is Mission 4: "Navy Blues". I have tried to implement destroying some Dualan Navy frigates [which out of the box are non-playable static objects] without giving to much away.

You want to run through the campaign for me chaps? PM me and I'll send you a link if you are interested. Hopefully I can get the bulk campaign run through once or twice by a few guys, iron out any bugs if any then release : )

Thanks

Rough Knight

Maybe wenn i come home [in next 2 days] I send you pm about betatesting but i think [if you tested your campaign little] its better to release the campaign to whole community-as let say v0.8, you will have more testers then :). And if we find something you can make update later. But its only sugestion.

Ps: last time i was testing/sending feedback to nettrucker [camp Hammer of thor v1.0 and v1.1]

haha...I know...testing is a pain.

test fix, test fix, test fix, test fix, test fix, test fix blah..blah.

You are right though....perhaps I will perservere a little more and just release it to the comunity at once rather than a few beta testers.

: P

Maybe wenn i come home [in next 2 days] I send you pm about betatesting but i think [if you tested your campaign little] its better to release the campaign to whole community-as let say v0.8, you will have more testers then :). And if we find something you can make update later. But its only sugestion.

Ps: last time i was testing/sending feedback to nettrucker [camp Hammer of thor v1.0 and v1.1]

Yeah and he did an outstanding job very professional.

Looking forward to this campaign unfortunately I can't fly for shit. LOL:D

This sounds great, can't wait to blow shit up. I hope you will have a vanilla or limited mods versions for people like myself that prefer lesser mods campaigns.

I think this campaign would be difficult with fewer mods. For example, Duala has perfect locations for the missions. The whole purpose was to use the F18 and the Nimitz together as there arn't to many missions suprisingly that do this at least from a singleplayer point of view. To convert it to vanilla would be tons of work [not impossible however].

I'll wait see how the feedback is then consider if it's worth the time to do [or if I have the time : )]

I understand the mod thing though. My missions are usually for that reason mod free. I think you will enjoy this however if you have the mods handy mate.

I know what you mean, when I started Soldiers of Valor it was on Arma 2 with about four times as many addons as it currently requires, as well as Ace2 and AceX. When Operation Arrowhead was released I was able to significantly cut down on the amount of addons including Ace2/AceX by converting to OA, but that took months and significantly increased the development time.

People also have to keep in mind the intent of the developer. I considered making a vanilla version of SoV, but declined because it wasn't a true reflection of my vision for the project. In short, vanilla A2/OA just didn't provide the resources I needed to accomplish the vision I had and what I wanted to give back to the community.

For this campaign, I don't see how it would be possible to truly accomplish his goals without the use of community made addons. I do understand there is a crowd of people who prefer vanilla A2/OA, but those of use who create these campaigns in our spare time typically don't have the time or the resources to give everybody what they want. I've been asked for a vanilla compatible SOV, Ace2 compatible SOV, even an A2 SOV but with A2 addons. I simply don't have the time to create develop all of that, and honestly feel like the version of SOV I created is the best representation of what I envisioned, and what I wanted to create.

Ultimately this decision for Carrier Operations falls onto j_frost, but I just felt like putting in my own opinion and 2 cents :)

I personally think that in a campaign, addons are more suited, rather than in a single mission. I personally do very much welcome people who are using usermade maps. especially because I think that they are top notch. Duala is a beautiful map, Icebreakr definitely has created a piece of art. Remember playing Devgru6 on Duala. :D

I personally do not mind a few addons in campaigns if chosen wisely or plot related. I personally can only encourage everyone to use usermade maps. The game will always stay fresh because after some years the standard maps are growing old somehow. :)

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I know what you mean, when I started Soldiers of Valor it was on Arma 2 with about four times as many addons as it currently requires, as well as Ace2 and AceX. When Operation Arrowhead was released I was able to significantly cut down on the amount of addons including Ace2/AceX by converting to OA, but that took months and significantly increased the development time.

People also have to keep in mind the intent of the developer. I considered making a vanilla version of SoV, but declined because it wasn't a true reflection of my vision for the project. In short, vanilla A2/OA just didn't provide the resources I needed to accomplish the vision I had and what I wanted to give back to the community.

For this campaign, I don't see how it would be possible to truly accomplish his goals without the use of community made addons. I do understand there is a crowd of people who prefer vanilla A2/OA, but those of use who create these campaigns in our spare time typically don't have the time or the resources to give everybody what they want. I've been asked for a vanilla compatible SOV, Ace2 compatible SOV, even an A2 SOV but with A2 addons. I simply don't have the time to create develop all of that, and honestly feel like the version of SOV I created is the best representation of what I envisioned, and what I wanted to create.

Ultimately this decision for Carrier Operations falls onto j_frost, but I just felt like putting in my own opinion and 2 cents :)

You can never make it right to everybody. Most people will like it, some won't . . . whatever you are going to do . . . you just can't satisfy everbody. Since you have created and envisioned the campaign whoelse is better capable than yourself to judge what's best to use.:D

j_frost i think its good that you use addons in your campaign, its always good to play with something new for example F18. Many peopole have Duala on there hdd ;) so they dont need downlod to many new things :), and i think that today downloading even~1GB addons for campaign its not a big problem.

Hi Guys,

With regards to the addons:

The point of the campiagn is to use the Meatballs F18 SuperHornett with USS Nimitz. Therefore automatically regardlessof the island the required addons are:

@CBA

@JDG_Nimitz

@mar_2MAW

@GLT_Missilebox

Then Duala is a big addon, but the environment is closest to the theatre I was trying to emulate - Libya i.e it has an ocean [the Mediteranean whereas the vanillla option of Takistan doesn't], as well as inbuilt units of Duala addon make the campaign addon list somewhat simpler.

Maybe I could but USS Nimitz in the Charsu pond in Takistan, but even then we need Dualas aliens to explain how it got there.

The only option then is to drop Meatballs MARSOC marines, but they are very good so I don't think one extra addon would hurt : P

I hope the use of these addons won't discourage people from playing the campaign. The addons from this community really make this game something else and provide you with a new ARMA2 experience every time you fire them up.

Thanks

Rough Knight

The only option then is to drop Meatballs MARSOC marines, but they are very good so I don't think one extra addon would hurt : P

Keep them!

wow, lots of discussion going on pertaining to the comment i made earlier. I hope it doesn't deter the effort made on this campaign or made everyone jumpy and being defensive.

It was just a suggestion not a demand.. :)

Hi People,

I will hopefully have a release for this later today. I have visitors and a physiotherapist appointment that are getting in the way of a few final checks.

I have implemented a few changes suggested by Wiki, so thanks mate for giving it a run through.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

you're welcome, it was my pleasure to help you.

that way:

-I could play it first ^^

-you could improve it

-the community will have a good released version of your campaign (which is great!)

everybody's happy then :D

Hi Guys,

I have added a link to the first post from which you can now download and play the campaign.

I hope you all enjoy it. Please leave feedback of any bugs or things that can improve and make it better.

Thanks and merry christmas

Rough Knight.

This is à great campaign which is worth to be played.

Do not hesitate if you like flying.

The game freezes on the start ? force to restart the computer.

1.60 CO, all addons (Duala lite is it ok?)

I have a bug since 1.60 all the custom campaigns appear twice on the menu, related?

Edited by EricFr

no, you need duala full to make it work

Got an error

th_ArmA2OA2011-12-2317-55-37-12.png

Prevents me from starting the first mission

A few of the intro scenes were buggy. 1 of them shows an F18 at the bottom of the ocean lol.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Of note I am running the mar_pilot addon as with the others required.